All 5mg Oral Minoxidil Users, Please Read

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has it only got better within the last 5mths or has Avodart done the hard work?

avodart done the hard work Capone, minoxidil has made my hair a lot thicker and a lot darker for some reason. 5 months is still early considering hairloss treatments. 6-12 months for a good evaluation

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
avodart done the hard work Capone, minoxidil has made my hair a lot thicker and a lot darker for some reason. 5 months is still early considering hairloss treatments. 6-12 months for a good evaluation
Loss of pigmentation of minutarized hair is something thats overlooked only oral minoxidil can reverse that effect imo

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where they source their oral minoxidil from? I have minoxidil sulfate powder and I’m thinking maybe I’m hyper sensitive to this and getting all the eye bag and facial edema sides from it..

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where they source their oral minoxidil from? I have minoxidil sulfate powder and I’m thinking maybe I’m hyper sensitive to this and getting all the eye bag and facial edema sides from it..

It’s probably available at in-house pharmacy

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil got me looking kinda like a monkey haha.

Attachments

• 3DBE0559-05DD-4790-82AE-69E094EE0E23.jpeg
    3DBE0559-05DD-4790-82AE-69E094EE0E23.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 224

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do mate I have them on my other phone, this is my hair pre - avodart. When I started loosing ground on finasteride. Prior to this is had temple lose and overall thinning. I will get the imagines bro

Great results, although your hair is wet in that photo and the other dry which can make a world of difference. I upped my dosage of oral min to 10mg and started 2ml oral castor oil to see if it helps fill in my crown.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results, although your hair is wet in that photo and the other dry which can make a world of difference. I upped my dosage of oral min to 10mg and started 2ml oral castor oil to see if it helps fill in my crown.

what benefits does caster oil give to hair regrowth or halting further loss?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
what benefits does caster oil give to hair regrowth or halting further loss?

It increases PGE2 which is good for hair, apparently it is not as effective as minoxidil but i figure it is worth a try and i don't see any negatives to adding it really, just trying it out for a few months.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It increases PGE2 which is good for hair, apparently it is not as effective as minoxidil but i figure it is worth a try and i don't see any negatives to adding it really, just trying it out for a few months.

agreed if it can help use it bro! What made you up your dosage derelict? I recall you dropping from 20mg - 5mg..

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
agreed if it can help use it bro! What made you up your dosage derelict? I recall you dropping from 20mg - 5mg..

I wasn't on 20mg for that long, can't exactly recall how long i tried it, for the vast majority of time i have been on oral min since september/october 2018 i have been on 10mg. I upped from 5mg to 10mg because im just not happy with the state of my crown, i had a massive shed when i used letrozole for a couple of months to try and get rid of gyno i got from spironolactone which i really regret, it really messed up my hair.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn't on 20mg for that long, can't exactly recall how long i tried it, for the vast majority of time i have been on oral min since september/october 2018 i have been on 10mg. I upped from 5mg to 10mg because im just not happy with the state of my crown, i had a massive shed when i used letrozole for a couple of months to try and get rid of gyno i got from spironolactone which i really regret, it really messed up my hair.
ur on all that sh*t and still not happy with the state of ur hair ? care to share pics ?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
ur on all that sh*t and still not happy with the state of ur hair ? care to share pics ?

No pics but my hair was in a much better state before i started taking 2.5mg letrozole for two months, it completely destroyed my crown. I stopped it back in march and still haven't recovered. Im hoping the NAC will help with that along with an extra boost to the oral min with castor oil. I hope anyway. Should have used ralox or something more hair friendly instead, live and learn i guess.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
No pics but my hair was in a much better state before i started taking 2.5mg letrozole for two months, it completely destroyed my crown. I stopped it back in march and still haven't recovered. Im hoping the NAC will help with that along with an extra boost to the oral min with castor oil. I hope anyway. Should have used ralox or something more hair friendly instead, live and learn i guess.
u learn but the hair will never come back unfortunately, hairloss is ruthless u pay the price i learned the hard way aswell..

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
u learn but the hair will never come back unfortunately, hairloss is ruthless u pay the price i learned the hard way aswell..

You have used an AI before? i read if you increase aromatase it can help regain hair, plus i have seen many cancer patients who have used letrozole for years say their hair came back, then again i have read some who didn't. Don't know what to believe tbh.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have sides effects?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got mine prescribed from a derma so can get legit Lonetin from the pharmacy. I wouldnt reccomend anything other than the actual product. Maybe thats why you didnt react well. I hear you can order it from other countries.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
avodart .5 - 2 years
Oral minoxidil 5-15mg 5months
spironolactone 100mg - 2 weeks

I’ll go ball to the wall to keep my hair bro
Haha im with you on that. Go hard or go home.

From your pics looks like u was a diffuse thinner. Looks a lot better now.

You say you was on finasteride before? You think avodart is a lot better?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the benefits of spironolactone? I not heard of it until here. Is it topical?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
What are the benefits of spironolactone? I not heard of it until here. Is it topical?

spironolactone is great paired with minoxidil because you get the diuretic effect from it. And jumping up in dosages helps suppress test so your skin and hair benefit even further. Be careful, I used it and apparently you can be allergic to the potassium sparring class of diuretics and I had hives lol. I will say my skin was awesome for the month and a half I used it and my hair was very healthy, but I did get gyno issues from using it.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spirno Used with minoxidil will definitely make the effects of minoxidil superior. Also dust and finasteride spike your test levels not by much but spirno works as an androgen antagonist. It doesn’t directly lower test levels it blocks the receptor. It’s also weak in comparison to other Ar blockers. I wouldn’t suggest using this unless your fully aware of the side effects it has on you.