ACELL Looks promising!!! What do u guys think of this?

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Looks promising!!! What do u guys think of this?

ACell Hair Multiplication Study at NHI
November 5 2010, 3:55 pm PT | Posted in: Hair Cloning + Hair Transplantation
Last week I wrote about the ACell presentation at the recent International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) meeting that may have opened the possibility for a patient’s hair to be multiplied in his or her own scalp. ACell’s MatriStem has had some early success with growing hairs that were plucked and then placed into recipient sites on the patient’s scalp, and although this is a major breakthrough, significant work remains before this becomes a practical hair loss treatment.

For those that missed my post from last week, here is a little background –

ACell, Inc. has developed and refined an Extracellular Matrix (ECM), a natural biological material derived from porcine (pig) tissue. When ACell’s MatriStem product is placed into a surgical site or wound, it is reabsorbed and replaced with new, more supple tissue, rather than a firm scar. The ECM stimulates the body’s own cells to form new tissue specific to that site. When applied to hairs plucked from elsewhere on the body, this is called “auto-cloningâ€, as new hairs are derived from the process.
We are currently studying the use of ACell for scalp hair multiplication (auto-cloning) as well as the facilitation of wound healing in follicular unit transplantation procedures. For those individuals interested in auto-cloning, we will be happy to see you in the office for a more in-depth discussion of the opportunity. Details will not be discussed over the phone but will be covered by the doctor during your consultation.

People interested in working with us in a study can participate for only the cost of supplies. Because of the newness of the process, we will be selective as to which patients we accept. Patients interested in auto-cloning who are not selected for a study can obtain this procedure as well for an additional fee. Please call my office at 310-553-9113 to set up an appointment for a consultation.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score

for anyone who wants to take part in this please keep us posted. Would also be good to know exactly how much is the cost of supplies.

Reaction score

I dont get why these doctors are sayin hair multiplication. Its hair duplication. One hair can only make one hair not many hairs.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score

yeah but when that hair grows back it can be duplicated again

Reaction score

Yes i understand that, but this is still not multiplication in the sense of multiplying one hair into many hairs. yes one plucked hair can produce one hair follicle which can be plucked again and again.. but true multiplication is when one stem cell can be cultured to produce millions of others to be then injected into the scalp which in turn produces many hairs follicals.

Reaction score

I just heard that whole interview. I think the thought of the PRP and Acell is awsome and would be amazing if it had consistant results. For someone who is thinning i think there best bet would be to try the injection, wait a year to see if that saves your hairs.. if it does you can hold off from surgury and if it dont youll have 1 year gone, but with much more inforamtion and data available. I think i might give the injection a go.

DIYtony

Reaction score

Hasnt this been tipped before like 2 years ago? False hopes.

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score

So many unanswerd questions! Though I am no where near the stage of considering a transplant, I know my hair wont be saved by dutasteride forever. All those complaining about cost, good old supply & demand will always percevier in the long run to drive the cost down. It's how the economy works!

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score

miozambrotta19 said:
but true multiplication is when one stem cell can be cultured to produce millions of others to be then injected into the scalp which in turn produces many hairs follicals.
this is exactly what id imagine the "cure" to be! via injections and not surgery, and something that yields the best results, that would be the ultimate cure and the last nail in the coffin, it doesnt sound all that complicated, but sadly it is :(
just hope something like this will come soon.....(the plucked hairs is impressive, but thats just not it imo)

Reaction score

Hopefully in 2013 if all goes well Histogen could release something in Asia as they say. I wont mind waiting 3-4 year for Histogen or Aderans to release something. The only thing is if it really be around in 3-4 years as they say. I have hopes for Histogen, and i believe they really have something that could work. Maybe combining Acell and HM could be something to think about.
On another note, im heard from Dr Hitzig that hes ben getting great results from His PRP And Acell injections. I'm wondering if there any difference in PRP alone or with Acell addedin terms of results. He's sad that some of his patients have seen a stop in hairloss and regrowth of thinning hairs. If this is consistent, this can stop the need for transplants all together. I will be speaking with him on the phone regarding this and will get back to you guys on it.

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score

ok.... so define "plucked"

Reaction score

kUbE8-I dont get your question
In terms of this technique.... a hair is plucked... like you would any other hair on your body. But it must be done in a particular way so that enough epithelial cells are attached to it. Theres no magic in understanding what a plucked hair is. I'm guessing they use special instruments to pluck these hairs so they can get higher yields and be more efficient, but the true magic is the Acell.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score

is it possible to obtain the Acell product for treating moles removed and acne scars? (or basicly every other surgical procedure) to reduce scaring? if so, how can i get a hold of it?

Reaction score

Ori83
Acell is not sold, nor can you obtain it with a prescription. It is only given and used by doctors and surgeons who have a contract or agreement with Acell.
If you go to Acell.com you can learn more about them and what there products are used for.

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score

miozambrotta19 said:
kUbE8-I dont get your question
In terms of this technique.... a hair is plucked... like you would any other hair on your body. But it must be done in a particular way so that enough epithelial cells are attached to it. Theres no magic in understanding what a plucked hair is. I'm guessing they use special instruments to pluck these hairs so they can get higher yields and be more efficient, but the true magic is the Acell.

I ask because I'm wondering if it's like plucking a hair as I might or actually extracting the entire hair follicle and associated parts like they do for FUE. So basically you're saying that they literally "pluck" a hair so a new one will grow back in it's place like normal.... as long as it has these epithelial cells... however that has to happen. I got it.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I am still frustrated with how long this is all taking but I like to see the glass as half full rather than half empty. I really wish all these companies would combine their research and share the profits. On the other hand I suppose the competition motivates them to be the first for the 'great' cure. Come on monkeys work harder.

Reaction score

This is all a waiting game. Lets say it takes another 6 months to a 1 year to perfect this procedure and to learn if hairs will and cycle and if they will be dht sensitive... For the person who gets this procedure done in 6months to a year from now will still need to wait 8 months to a year to get the full results. With that said for someone who needs more then one session it will take 2-3 years to get fulls results because like Fue only X amount of hairs can be transplanted in one session. So i ask, are you willing to wait 2-4 years or maybe more to see results with this procedure or wait hopefully the same amount of time for Histogen or Aderans to come out with a cure. We should know where Histogen and Aderans stand by next summer after there phase 2 trials. I think its to early to jump into Acell at this point. So many questions still need to be answered. The technique is still not 100 percent.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score

i have say all these breakthoughts are great, yet Acell/Histogen/Aderans none seems to be on the right path tbh (unless i dont understand them comletely), shouldnt they aim to *grow follicles IN the scalp ITSELF* instead of trying to create "unlimited donor area".. i mean a true cure will be something that avoids transplanting follicles one by one... the proffasion of hair surgens should be vanished! loll :)

Reaction score

Aderans and Histogen are not developing cloning in the sense of growing hairs in the lab and then a doctor implanting them.... There developing an injection, a mix of cells and growth factors that will be injected in the scalp to hopefully grow new follicles.