ACELL Looks promising!!! What do u guys think of this?

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Heres something i found on doctor rassmans balding blog. its already FDA cleared

Hi Doctor,

I am assuming you’re attending the ISHRS meeting and was hoping you could attend the ACell discussion to report your opinion on your blog. Here’s the press release that caught my eye: MatriStem in Hair Restoration at Annual Scientific Meeting http://www.prlog.org/11007692-dr-gary-h ... eting.html

Thanks

I’m actually in Boston at the International Society for Hair Restoration (ISHRS) Scientific Meeting, and wrote this on my little netbook to get you a timely response.

The ACell material is reportedly derived from Porcine urinary bladder. Here’s a good, short description of ACell’s product from another conference they attended: “MatriStem® devices are a naturally occurring, completely resorbable, acellular, extracellular matrix. Different collagens, bioactive components and intact basement membrane help surgical sites remodel by supporting the growth of new blood vessels, connective tissue and muscle.â€

At the ISHRS meeting, two doctors presented its use in plucked hairs. Hairs were plucked out of the beard or side hair and amongst these hairs the best ones were identified. The ACell was applied to the plucked hairs and then placed into recipient sites. Some of these hairs grew (less than 50%), but the good news is that supposedly the site where the hair was plucked also grew out a hair. The data is very sketchy and there is clearly no well identified process — no right way or wrong way to do this. But in theory, new hairs come from the process. If what was presented is accurate, then the dream of something for nothing (hairs that are essentially replicated) produces more hair than what was there prior to the procedure.

This MicroMatrix has experience of use in keloids, other types of wounds, and in the treatment of lacerations, ulcers of the skin (diabetic and vascular in origin), and burns. From what was presented, a great deal of interest was generated, but there is much research that needs to be done before it can or should be offered to the public. I suspect that the research will be on the fast track as many doctors saw the opportunity to make more hairs than they started with.

Tags: micromatrix, acell, hair cloning, hair multiplication, ishrs

Comments [2] | Ask a question | Related entries | Permanent link

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Looks promising!!! What do u guys think of this?

Looks promising indeed. Spencer Kobren is raving about it on his radio show, calling it the biggest breakthrough in his 13 years in the field. He interviewed some guy about it, the segment is up on their website. It's already FDA approved, so that's good.

I haven't been able to grasp what it really is, and I'm too lazy to read up on it, but it seems very promising.

emkaey

Reaction score

can anybody explain me this "sensation" in other words? maybe i dont understand it because i am not perfect in english.

don`t they say they`ve plucked a hair at the side, applicated it with acell and reimplanted it on a bald area? and then grew a new hair at the place where they plucked the hair???(side of the head)

is it not "normal" that, when i pluck a hair at the back of my head, a new one grows at this place???

i want to understand the article, so please can anybody explain me?

GeminiX

Reaction score

Before any one parts with cash with these guys, may I humbly suggest you first try my 100% natural alternative?
Miracle 100% hair loss cure!

I'm sure the results will be just as good :)

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score

lol geminx, I think this sounds a little more credible though Jerry cooley is a well respected Doctor.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score

emkaey if i understand it correctly the hair they pluck is transplanted in to recipient area they have had success getting this hair to grow aswell as the original folicle producing another hair.

emkaey

Reaction score

david007 said:
Some of these hairs grew (less than 50%), but the good news is that supposedly the site where the hair was plucked also grew out a hair.

:dunno:

sorry, but i still dont understand this quoted phrase.

when i pluck a hair from the back of my head, it surely will regrow! even though i dont applicate acell!!

doesn`t every hair regrow after getting plucked???

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes the original one will regrow, but they are also "planting" the one that was plucked out elsewhere, which successfully grows as well (I think ;) )

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score

Promising.

I'm not too excited, it is still an hair transplant. While I only need a small work done (and frankly, don't really need it right now) the truth is that I will be a higher Norwood sooner or later, and an hair transplant of thatmagnitude is probably something I will never be able to afford.

If this gets replicated, I can see a big market.
Unless they really don't care for their physical appearance billionaires like Steve Ballmer have no excuse to not have this done.

I guess it's time for everyone to find a way to become millionaires

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score

maybe the cost per graft would be a lot less there wont be any time taken up harvesting and trimming the grafts and less techs will will be needed

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score

My guess is that the graft (can "plucked" multi-hair grafts exist? ) cost will be way higher.

Remember you need to pluck them, add the cost of Acell, soak them in Acell, and later transplant them.

It seems more work to me. And the success rate is lower, so you would need more grafts and more sessions

And remember this is still a hair transplant. Even when you can have unlimited donor supply, on the wrong hands the results can be disastrous

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score

maybe you're right i was just speculating and good point about multi hair grafts, yes its still a hair transplant but a hair transplant with unlimited donor supply and no donor scaring would be a hell of an improvment there the 2 things that would always put me off.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score

bigentries said:
My guess is that the graft (can "plucked" multi-hair grafts exist? ) cost will be way higher.

Remember you need to pluck them, add the cost of Acell, soak them in Acell, and later transplant them.

It seems more work to me.
This is clearly less work per session. With today's methods, even harvesting hair is done with surgery.

If they find some way to increase efficiency to the levels of the current FUE procedure (in the previous page they say less than 50% as of now) it will likely cost much less than the latter. But somehow I doubt it will ever be that efficient.

Skywalker

Reaction score

IF it really works consistently as hoped (and that's an almighty IF) then it is the most exciting breakthrough in hair loss ever in my view.

Effectively it would mean unlimited donor, in the long term it should be much less expensive and quicker than FUE because the extremely hard and slow part of FUE is getting the grafts out intact. The donor would also be pristine - so no donor scarring at all. No long wait for the FDA because the body is doing all the regenerating work naturally.

We will have to see if it really can be done consistently, if the hair cycles normally and whether the new follicle is donor dominant or not. If the answer to all 3 questions is yes then this would turn the hair loss industry upside down.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

If they pluck one hair at a time, how long will it take before they get a NW7 down to a NW1?

And Cooley is currently doing this in his clinic, why have more people from here not tried it and reported back their results?

Sounds like an ingenious solution if it works, I reckon it is legit.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Skywalker said:
if the hair cycles normally

if the hair wont be immune to male pattern baldness/dht or whatever, it still sounds like a very good solution, lets assume here that it will grow very thin hair too and not full density, if they can only give an illusion of a hairline (the nw1 stubbles look) even for a shot periods of time, then as far as i see it that is it!

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score

Even if you had to pay for a hair transplant every 3 years?

Sounds good for a rich guy, but not enough for the average hair loss sufferer

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score

with those prices ofc its not worth it, but i would pay evrage of 500-1000us a year in a heart-bit each year for a full head of hair, or even for a nw2 without a full density as long as it my hair and it looks natural enough.

malo

Established Member
Reaction score

In the interview Dr. Cooley said he's performed a 1500 graft session on a women.
He also said his next step is to pluck the hair that has been treated with Acell to see
if it regrows.
I also looked at some examples of Dr. Cooley's work on an unnamed hair transplant web site. He does very natural work.
I am cautiously optimistic.