About To Shave, I Need An Honest, No Bs Assessment

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Prox-N has copper peptides and other ingredients that help with the inflammatory process of male pattern baldness. By the way, I do agree that using Prox-N is probably more likely to have a beneficial long-term effect than just using Rogaine by itself. Prox-N has more going for it than just the one agent in Rogaine, and those things seem to me to be more important in the long-run than minoxidil. Things like various SODs, including TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN.

Are there any studies out there on its use and efficacy? Also I was under the impression that ket helped with the inflammation a bit. I do use it everyday or close to everyday, which worked for me for a while but I am wondering now if it's too much. I currently shampoo with head and shoulders and use ket cream after I get out of the shower.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Are there any studies out there on its use and efficacy? Also I was under the impression that ket helped with the inflammation a bit. I do use it everyday or close to everyday, which worked for me for a while but I am wondering now if it's too much. I currently shampoo with head and shoulders and use ket cream after I get out of the shower.
I am not aware of any studies but if you google it, you will find some people found it helped them.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
It's a custom brew from the hair transplant surgeon I am working with, made my Stonegate Pharmacy here in the States.

Interesting, it could be though that somehow this is affecting your finasteride efficacy. I would stick to tried and true single finasteride pills, either 1mg or cut up 5mg, rather than such innovations that the surgeon has created.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, it could be though that somehow this is affecting your finasteride efficacy. I would stick to tried and true single finasteride pills, either 1mg or cut up 5mg, rather than such innovations that the surgeon has created.

it's brewed by a regulated pharmacist in the states. I've definitely seen improvement compared to where I was in 2017 when I started using it, I've also seen the effects on my semen inter alia so I know it is working.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey bro . If you are on 20 mg oral minoxidil + fina this is a fire regimen. Nothing more to do.
Im am currently in medical studies ( i have quit my former job to start this), in 7 years I will attend plastic surgery course and be a hair transplant surgeon . So you could all come to france.

did you get more dark circle from the oral minoxidil than the topical version? did you get some unwanted body hair? 20 mg is a high dosage.
Any weight gain or puffy upper eyelid?
i am contemplating taking 1.25 mg daily but damn scared of this drug.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey bro . If you are on 20 mg oral minoxidil + fina this is a fire regimen. Nothing more to do.
Im am currently in medical studies ( i have quit my former job to start this), in 7 years I will attend plastic surgery course and be a hair transplant surgeon . So you could all come to france.

did you get more dark circle from the oral minoxidil than the topical version? did you get some unwanted body hair? 20 mg is a high dosage.
Any weight gain or puffy upper eyelid?
i am contemplating taking 1.25 mg daily but damn scared of this drug.

If there's nothing more to do and this isn't a temporary shed I am really fucked. I don't know why this dumb disease is so hard for me to beat. My father went norwood 7 at like 19 or 20 and my brother was there by 23. I am 31 now, I guess you can't swim upstream forever.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also my oral minnox comes in a pill combined with my fina and I have a 3 month supply currently, it's kind of baked in
Oral minoxidil is very powerful and can induce huge sheds. Perhaps finasteride couldnt "springboard" you back from these sheds. At least thats what I was told.
So it could very well be that oral minoxidil is the reason behind you loosing ground.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is very powerful and can induce huge sheds. Perhaps finasteride couldnt "springboard" you back from these sheds. At least thats what I was told.
So it could very well be that oral minoxidil is the reason behind you loosing ground.

If it's causing a shed that means it's causing new hair growth. minoxidil won't kill otherwise healthy hair. If this is a minoxidil shed then I should expect a rebound at some point.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's causing a shed that means it's causing new hair growth. minoxidil won't kill otherwise healthy hair. If this is a minoxidil shed then I should expect a rebound at some point.
That is said in general. Hair miniaturization happens abruptly or in a big single step in other words. And when the hairs are very weak, the oral minoxidil shed can put them in the miniaturizing cycle, which will make them much weaker leading to their loss. This happens when you are already heavily balding.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is said in general. Hair miniaturization happens abruptly or in a big single step in other words. And when the hairs are very weak, the oral minoxidil shed can put them in the miniaturizing cycle, which will make them much weaker leading to their loss. This happens when you are already heavily balding.

Ya but in that case they will come back stronger. I've been on oral minoxidil more than a year at this point too.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
After wallowing in my own self-pity for a good 2 hours I have came up with a plan. Since the gyms are all closed I am going to embark on an aggressive fasting, cardio and body weight workout routine to get my weight down. In the meantime I will make my routine the focus of my life. Pills every morning, concoction of latanprost/retinA/topical fina/minoxidil every morning, shower with head and shoulders followed by ket cream, and 5% minoxidil foam at night. 1x weekly derma wounding and rosemary topically before bed. In one month I shall report back here and if improvement is not apparent, or the situation has deteriorated, I shall shave. Hopefully my reduced bodyfat percentage will make the shave more palatable.

I admire the fight in you. Good luck comrade.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I admire the fight in you. Good luck comrade.
Do not go gentle into that good night
Dylan Thomas - 1914-1953

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya but in that case they will come back stronger. I've been on oral minoxidil more than a year at this point too.
No. I have described why they wont grow back stronger. They would be lost, hence loosing ground.