About To Shave, I Need An Honest, No Bs Assessment

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're talking to a guy who thinks suicide is a better option than dutasteride. You can't reason with people like that. He doesn't need a hair transplant, he needs a psychologist.

Suicide over hair is idiotic, I never said that. Suicide for this would be nonsensical, I feel bad now but it will pass. Edit: also duta and estriol are totally different ballgames

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
You said you hope you die. That's awfully dramatic. If you spent more time reading and less time whining like a woman you would know that you're wrong, but keep thinking dutasteride and estriol are feminizing, and just stay depressed. I felt bad for you at first, but when people offer you help you just show your ignorance, so get used to being bald.

Estriol is an estrogen, you're telling me that plus completely crushing my DHT with dutas won't have sides??????

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt that. I'm on dutasteride, RU, and estriol, and my nipples are smaller than yours. All estrogens don't work the same way, bud.
Areola size=/=Testosterone levels, my last test I was over 1100 and within the normal range on E, where are you?

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not talking about areola size. I mean my nipples aren't puffy like yours.

Don't know, I haven't been tested since I've been on treatment. It was higher than that though, and dutasteride raises testosterone levels so probably even higher now. I've never been as fat as you are in my entire life, so I'm thinking your T has probably fallen since your last test. That's beside the point though. I don't care about your T levels, you are whining like a little girl about your hair loss while people are offering you suggestions to help. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Keep bathing in your ignorance

I'll believe it when I see it, your regime, which literally has estrogen, has a high chance of femininity sides, irregardless of how much weight I need to lose. I'd consider RU and duta but never estrogen, you are on a trans woman's regime and I would never do that.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it, your regime, which literally has estrogen, has a high chance of femininity sides, irregardless of how much weight I need to lose. I'd consider RU and duta but never estrogen, you are on a trans woman's regime and I would never do that.

lol I'm not on a trans regimen at all. No doctor prescribes estriol or dutasteride for transitioning because they don't work for that. We'll see what happens when I add a small dose of spironolactone to my regimen, but for now I don't have any sides.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@countjulian I still don't understand why you're bugging out so much if you haven't even tried dutasteride yet... like give that a chance first at least.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my guy, grow a beard, take some testosterone and embrace the dht. all my boys who went bald didn’t give a f*** at all, and look way better bald. you have thick facial hair and a good head for it, just shave it and get on some test and get jacked. it’ll look way better shaved then thin, and you won’t have to mess with ur dht anymore. in my honest opinion , all that work for the small reward you might get ain’t worth it. i’m lucky enough to have gotten in finasteride early and keep my hair, but i was surprised by the fact that i got ZERO regrowth. it’s more of a pause button then a miracle in reality

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
my guy, grow a beard, take some testosterone and embrace the dht. all my boys who went bald didn’t give a f*** at all, and look way better bald. you have thick facial hair and a good head for it, just shave it and get on some test and get jacked. it’ll look way better shaved then thin, and you won’t have to mess with ur dht anymore. in my honest opinion , all that work for the small reward you might get ain’t worth it. i’m lucky enough to have gotten in finasteride early and keep my hair, but i was surprised by the fact that i got ZERO regrowth. it’s more of a pause button then a miracle in reality

This is what I am going to do (I think? I'm not going to take anabolic steroids). I need to drop about 20 lbs first but I am looking forward to it. It will be freedom.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are not willing to try estradiol or AA's then try dutasteride, RU and 5mg oral min for 12 months. I still think you should get a bit more serious about dealing with your hair loss given how bad it is with a potent regimen but if you are unwilling to then that is fine, go bald grow a beard etc and hope you look good. Good luck.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are not willing to try estradiol or AA's then try dutasteride, RU and 5mg oral min for 12 months. I still think you should get a bit more serious about dealing with your hair loss given how bad it is with a potent regimen but if you are unwilling to then that is fine, go bald grow a beard etc and hope you look good. Good luck.

I am already on 20 mg of oral minoxidil, why would going down to 5 help? I have thought alot about trying RU and duta, the issue is they're expensive and a pain in the *** and it might just be months of waiting for another disappointment. I am sick of the fina and minoxidil sides too, and I want to be able to take creatine when I lift.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am already on 20 mg of oral minoxidil, why would going down to 5 help? I have thought alot about trying RU and duta, the issue is they're expensive and a pain in the *** and it might just be months of waiting for another disappointment. I am sick of the fina and minoxidil sides too, and I want to be able to take creatine when I lift.
I know this is kinda out of left field, but if your hair means this much, why don’t you get a hair system. It’s only $1.5k a year and you need 30-60min a week max for maintenance. Countless celebrities use them and others

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Sorry about that i didn't realize you were on oral min already, my apologies. I think the only viable option for you then is to shave and accept. If you want to go all out i would suggest duta,100/200mg spironolactone, 2mg estradiol and 5mg oral minoxidil as a a regimen, you will very likely regain most of your hair,of course even then it's not guaranteed, a regimen like that comes with a serious price attached though. If you have accepted your baldness and just want to move on with your life the do as others have suggested, shave, hit the gym and grow a decent beard.

BTW i would lower your dosage of oral min from 20mg to 5mg anyway, there is no benefit to taking such high dosages, trust me, i have tried.

Lolrus

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you should just shave your head and be done with it. It's a bandaid you need to rip off of an infected wound. This is clearly giving you a lot of mental distress, and I think not having to think about losing more and more hair every day you look in the mirror would be a huge burden off of your shoulders. You would look fine bald, better than what you have on your head right now at this moment. I don't say that in a condescending way, I just think that in your case it's not a big deal because you have the ideal head shape, and despite what many would say, you'll look worse if it's obvious you're trying to hide a severe norwood pattern.

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure about that or are you just making assumptions based on your feelings?
Pretty sure. Dutasteride is finasteride on steroids, which is already bad enough for your testosterone. Then you add estriol, which is literally estrogen (although not very potent). Add those up and you be the judge mate.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
The concern with dutasteride isn't the rate of gyno. It is the inhibition of both type 1 and type 2 dht, whereas finasteride inhibits only type II, at a lower percentage. This is very risky for neurological function in the long run, and protection against neurological diseases associated with aging.

"There is significant expression of SRD5A in the human brain, particularly of type I, making it likely that there are local, tissue-specific effects of DHT on cognition and/or mood that may be difficult to discern in the context of systemic hormonal alterations, despite the fact that lipophilic steroid hormones like T and DHT can cross the blood-brain barrier (208, 209)."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6459338/

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The concern with dutasteride isn't the rate of gyno. It is the inhibition of both type 1 and type 2 dht, whereas finasteride inhibits only type II, at a lower percentage. This is very risky for neurological function in the long run, and protection against neurological diseases associated with aging.

"There is significant expression of SRD5A in the human brain, particularly of type I, making it likely that there are local, tissue-specific effects of DHT on cognition and/or mood that may be difficult to discern in the context of systemic hormonal alterations, despite the fact that lipophilic steroid hormones like T and DHT can cross the blood-brain barrier (208, 209)."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6459338/

Actually I believe the concern he exhibited was feminization. Your concern is neurosteroid inhibition. I'm quite sure the ignorant OP didn't even know what that was before your post. Anyways, finasteride strongly inhibits neurosteroids as well, and the rate of side effects is the same.

Studies have shown that blocking allopregnanolone production in pregnant rats with administration of finasteride (a 5α-reductase inhibitor that reduces brain allopregnanolone content by up to 90%)
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/allopregnanolone

Sorry to spoil your myth that your brain is safe as long as you don't inhibit 5-ar type 1. lol

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually I believe the concern he exhibited was feminization. Your concern is neurosteroid inhibition. I'm quite sure the ignorant OP didn't even know what that was before your post. Anyways, finasteride strongly inhibits neurosteroids as well, and the rate of side effects is the same.

Studies have shown that blocking allopregnanolone production in pregnant rats with administration of finasteride (a 5α-reductase inhibitor that reduces brain allopregnanolone content by up to 90%)
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/allopregnanolone

Sorry to spoil your myth that your brain is safe as long as you don't inhibit 5-ar type 1. lol

Pretty sure allo-preg along with other neurosteroids can only be measured from cerebral spinal fluid rather than actual measurements from the brain. From what I’ve read neurosteroids dissipate very quickly in their area of production other than excess so whilst the change in the spine might appear significant doesn’t mean the local action is as detrimental .

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on dutasteride bro. I'm on it. It's the best.