A Very Interesting New Follica Patent: Needling Device And Drug Applicator

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're such a f*****g idiot. Not everyone will get the same type of results like in the studies. And the hair you get from needling at first is vellus hair, which is very weak hair. You may very well need to keep needling to stimulate the hair growth as it promotes blood circulation to the scalp.

lmfao

We're on blood circulation now! Have you tried scalp massages to grow your hair while you're at it? I think we should add it to the big 3!

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because you all keep rejecting this most basic element of this

Hair doesn't take a full year to grow to a length easily detected by the naked eye. Idiot.

If you did the rolling for 3 months, and then 5 months later there's nothing, it means that there was no new hair created at any point in that time. If there was, it would be visible by now.

This is something supported by both anecdotes and the actual dermarolling studies.

This is at the end of 3 months.

View attachment 107589

Yet you guys are convinced that if after 8 months one isn't seeing results, that's because they actually just needed to keep rolling for like 4 months?

View attachment 107590

What is wrong with you, you gay psychopath? You just follow me around to sh*t on anything I say. Remember how you always used to be a Follica hater and now you're here, sucking off everyone on the dermarolling train? You need a therapist.
Dude, understand this: when a study is conducted on dozens of subjects, with variable results, but only shows a couple of examples with pictures, they will ALWAYS be the best of the best pictures. Ergo, it is highly likely that those pics you are basing your argument on are the BEST responders of the subjects of that study. Knowing that, insteae of using an average, you are using those early, best responders a reference to determine if someone is going to have results or not? I would love to tell you you're a dumbass, but I will try to be respectful, because a discussion should be done with arguments rather than insults.

Do not use best case scenarios as a reference, NEVER do it. Please use averages for such things, for the statistical God's sake.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, understand this: when a study is conducted on dozens of subjects, with variable results, but only shows a couple of examples with pictures, they will ALWAYS be the best of the best pictures. Ergo, it is highly likely that those pics you are basing your argument on are the BEST responders of the subjects of that study. Knowing that, insteae of using an average, you are using those early, best responders a reference to determine if someone is going to have results or not? I would love to tell you you're a dumbass, but I will try to be respectful, because a discussion should be done with arguments rather than insults.

Do not use best case scenarios as a reference, NEVER do it. Please use averages for such things, for the statistical God's sake.

You're new around here.

This experiment has been tried among people numerous times since 2013. You're all parroting the exact same things. You're not onto anything new here, and just like past times, a year or so will pass, and you guys will still be posting, but will have fallen silent on the dermarolling issue. At least, most of you will.

Also, no. In that study, 40 of the participants saw a grade 2 or 3 (the pics I posted) response. That's more than half getting those results in 12 weeks time. Read the actual studies for once.

Where the hell have the rational posters like Swoop gone?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're new around here.

This experiment has been tried among people numerous times since 2013. You're all parroting the exact same things. You're not onto anything new here, and just like past times, a year or so will pass, and you guys will still be posting, but will have fallen silent on the dermarolling issue. At least, most of you will.

Also, no. In that study, 40 of the participants saw a grade 2 or 3 (the pics I posted) response. That's more than half getting those results in 12 weeks time. Read the actual studies for once.

Where the hell have the rational posters like Swoop gone?

Yeah, gotta suck when you're wrong about everything and nobody agrees with you. Well, at least you got Fred.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@That Guy i get it. I’ve actually been around these parts longer than you. He’s not wrong, it has been done before. I do see some hope, in that using the electric needlers seems to produce better, more thorough results. When I used the roller, I couldn’t press that hard. this is different. One thing we can’t deny is that more people are having more results, more often. Even pre rolling when it was just minoxidil and finasteride, there was not this kind of progress. I think it’s due to more than just the minoxidil. Time will tell, and in my case, if I get results, this absolutely works. I’m older (39) have used finasteride and minoxidil over the years, so I have used up Andy new progress I would gain from minoxidil. Had a transplant into the hairline. A lot of factors working against me, so that if this works.... there is something there.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, the tough thing to stomach, especially for long timers like myself, is that the whole time, a possible maintenance/regrowth method was right under our noses, we just lacked the proper tools for the job. If this works, it will be because the electronic needles change the game. People have rolled ad nauseum prior to this.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing we can’t deny is that more people are having more results, more often.

We can definitely deny that given that most of these people suspiciously can't prove it.

Guys, how long until he figures out he’s one of ~the irrational ones?~

You are a disgusting psychopath. You sh*t on literally everything. You cry like a b**ch in every post you make, I mean every god damn one. You sh*t on Follica in every other thread, but now you're sucking off all the dermarollers on the hype train simply because they oppose me.

Dial your nearest therapist, and book an appointment today. Take Hate da BT with you while you're at it.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We can definitely deny that given that most of these people suspiciously can't prove it.

You are a disgusting psychopath. You sh*t on literally everything. You cry like a b**ch in every post you make, I mean every god damn one. You sh*t on Follica in every other thread, but now you're sucking off all the dermarollers on the hype train simply because they oppose me.

Dial your nearest therapist, and book an appointment today. Take Hate da BT with you while you're at it.
How can you say cant prove it? There are at least three, and growing almost full regrowth cases that have been presented on the new rolling forum alone. Not only that, both you and I have been hopeful of Follica and their wounding protocol for almost a decade now (yikes). So, if we believe that they are on to something, we have to believe that wounding as a whole is effective. We have seen tons of regrowth claims over the years. I can honestly say, without feeling like I am caught up in some emotional free-for-all, that the results some have shown hands down best what I have seen from min/finasteride alone over the years. Those things are awesome for maintenance, if you can take it without sides. It caught up with me. Time will tell what this holds, but I’m optimistic

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, if we believe that they are on to something, we have to believe that wounding as a whole is effective.

Yet again, that's not what I dispute.

However, these anecdotes are almost all extremely suspicious.

Consider that even OP claims he's had "Somebody" level regrowth, yet can't provide pictures of his baseline? Come on. There is no way that's true. It's not that he can't provide pictures of his baseline, he could crop an older photo of himself, it's simply that he won't.

For those reading who are not familiar, this is "Somebody Alex"

hqdefault.jpg

Where are the pictures of his in-between stages of recovery? I've never seen them. Why?

What you have to realize about this experiment is the following:

• This is not the first time this experiment has been done by internet communities, large-scale, and every time they have all fizzled out because it didn't work for most, if not all.

• Most of these people on my *** about it claim to have been rolling so far for a shorter amount of time than I did. A lot of them only recently started any treatment at all. Thus, regrowth could be from minoxidil or finasteride by itself and they just think the rolling is working.

• These same people have the erroneous understanding that if new terminal hair is created, you must keep rolling to facilitate that hair growth. That's not how hair works.

• They aren't trying to convince me that it works, they want to convince themselves.

That's why nothing here can be trusted from these posters. You don't know that the photos are actually of them, they could be of a balding guy with the order reversed, they could be different people, they could be transplants, they could anything. People have lied about a lot weirder sh*t, with a lot less to prove on here.

So until Follica releases data/hits the market, I'm not going to buy into any of these claims from internet posters claiming to have full regrowth from the safety of their own bathrooms and a 12 dollar dermaroller, even if some of them may in fact be true. It's not scientific in the least, and there are emotionally-driven reasons why many "success stories" could be frauds.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Consider that even OP claims he's had "Somebody" level regrowth, yet can't provide pictures of his baseline? Come on. There is no way that's true. It's not that he can't provide pictures of his baseline, he could crop an older photo of himself, it's simply that he won't.

View attachment 107679

Where are the pictures of his in-between stages of recovery? I've never seen them. Why?

• This is not the first time this experiment has been done by internet communities, large-scale, and every time they have all fizzled out because it didn't work for most, if not all.

• Most of these people on my *** about it claim to have been rolling so far for a shorter amount of time than I did. A lot of them only recently started any treatment at all. Thus, regrowth could be from minoxidil or finasteride by itself and they just think the rolling is working.

• These same people have the erroneous understanding that if new terminal hair is created, you must keep rolling to facilitate that hair growth. That's not how hair works.

• They aren't trying to convince me that it works, they want to convince themselves.

That's why nothing here can be trusted from these posters. You don't know that the photos are actually of them, they could be of a balding guy with the order reversed, they could be different people, they could be transplants, they could anything. People have lied about a lot weirder sh*t, with a lot less to prove on here.

So until Follica releases data/hits the market, I'm not going to buy into any of these claims from internet posters claiming to have full regrowth from the safety of their own bathrooms and a 12 dollar dermaroller, even if some of them may in fact be true. It's not scientific in the least, and there are emotionally-driven reasons why many "success stories" could be frauds.
I’m sure you don’t really care, but I’ve been using a Dr. pen electric needling device, once per week at 2mm. I was a Norwood 3 before I started, and now I have small dark hairs growing all around the nw1 zone, density is also slowly coming back I think. I’ve posted a photo of my hairline in the other dermarolling thread a while ago, and I can repost it if you like. This is the first time I’ve seen significant results since I started treatments 2 years ago. I don’t have anything to lie about, I’m just putting it out there for the people that are interested in trying it. Can’t believe it’s this easy.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 107679

Somebody didnt get all his regrowth from wounding and minoxidil. He started finasteride years before rolling and jumped 2 NWs.

When i compare myself with him, i do not count his baseline pic but the state of his hair when he was NW2ish aka the moment he started microneedling and was already stabilized by Finasteride.

About me: Started finasteride 2008, switched to Avodart on september 2013 and started dermarolling 1.5 mm with minoxidil november 2017. Mantained and keep doing it well on "antiandrogens", used minoxidil while on finasteride, stopped it one year later because didnt do sh*t.

Like you, I was skeptical about the whole microneedling stuff but user success cases were piling up, and one testimony triggered my curiosity: prettyfly case, especially the way he documented the progress with consistent HD pics. His results were even more impressive than the Greek guy ones.

For those of you who dont know who prettfly is, i will post some pics later about him. For now i will say he was a NW6 guy who despite not having results from dermarolling 1.5 and minoxidil at the 1 year mark, persisted and recovered most of his hair. He was still regrowing hair at the 3 year mark! Definitely inspiring.

But what caught my attention the most was yet to come: The now famous chinese study got published in October 2017, showing excellent results for those using minoxidil and "electrodynamic microneedling" (a fkking dermapen like device) twice monthly.

Then, even more good news came to light: Rachita Dhurat, the main investigator of the indian study was enrolled by Follica as a clinical advisor. And Follica revealed their wounding method alone was capable of creating 100 new hairs (although 25 were terminal) which was of course consistent with Dhurat findings and the Chinese study!

November 2017 said what the hell lets give it a chance... By february 2018, tons of vellus hair popped up, especially at the temple and frontal regions where antiandrogens didnt do much in terms of regrowth. That new or "revived" hair became terminal within the following months.

I understand if you dont believe me, i tend not to trust testimonials without pics too. My disagreement here with you is mainly your attitude of discorauging people doing dermarolling and minoxidil using the past "community trial" as a reference. Most of those guys used 0.5 mm dermarollers and/or quited too early sadly.

And of course your remarkably stupid argument that if it didnt work at the 3 months mark its useless. Totally contradicts what we know about epithelial tissue regeneration and some of the well documented anecdotal evidence.

Also if you think Follica 1st iteration its going to be much more than DIY dermastamping/rolling you are the delusional one, im sure swoop would agree with me on that one lol. At least take some time to read the f*****g patent i posted before commenting again on this thread.

Last edited:

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing Im sure accelerated my results btw was dutasteride. The enviroment within the dp cells of the HF is much more "friendly" without DHT.

Thats why i encourage people to consider finasteride or avodart if they can tolerate it.

We cant afford the risk of ignoring the antiandrogenic angle, especially long term.

Last edited:

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 107679

Absolutely. And we’ve certainly learned over the years there are many out there to scam these guys. That said, am I mistaken? I think the OP of that thread has baseline pics and his progress through the process. You’re right, we can’t say 100% it was “wounding” but I look at the alternative..... if he got that response from finasteride/Min..... wouldn’t you be shouting that from the rooftops because you didn’t HAVE to go through the pain and monotony of rolling? I don’t know. We’ve been down the road before, and time will tell, but this feels very different than guys popping in here selling liposomal deliveries of FGF9 etc and then whole compnies disappearing. There’s no company to disappear here.
And Somebody’s results were not from a hair transplant. No way. Maybe he is a freaky responder to wounding and the topicals, but I do think that’s how that came about.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score

Let’s see, you’re a psychologist, a scientist, a hair loss expert, a journalist, a geopolitical strategist, is there nothing you can’t elucidate and expound upon for us O Wise One?

I don’t necessarily believe that dermarolling is going to work. I’m just enjoying people pointing out your blatant hypocrisy and debunked know-it-all isms. You used to rant and rave on here about how stupid we were to doubt Follica - because of Somebody and Dhurat. You referred to those two over and over. Now you have basically said that Somebody is a charlatan. But you don’t acknowledge that you’ve done a 180.

Which is the reason so many people dislike you. You don’t have enough interesting information for people to get passionate about - as you are plainly not knowledgeable on the subject of hair loss. However the little trifling points that you do make are delivered in the most brash, sanctimonious manner imaginable, and this is what gets people worked up.

I’d like to know why you even bothered experimenting with dermarolling? You’ve told us again and again that Follica and Tsuji are around the corner and that “best decision of you life” propecia has halted your hair loss. Yet there you are - furiously arguing with and mocking and insulting dozens and dozens of forum members with your one hand, while frantically wounding your head with the other.

Anyway f*** off I’m bored with you at this point. Stop posting your pointless analysis all over the hair loss community.

Whatabouthoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
So curious, what brand of dermapen do you guys recommend? Does it matter much? I have a standard roller burn loooking to upgrade on payday

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing Im sure accelerated my results btw was dutasteride. The enviroment within the dp cells of the HF is much more "friendly" without DHT.

Thats why i encourage people to consider finasteride or avodart if they can tolerate it.

We cant afford the risk of ignoring the antiandrogenic angle, especially long term.

You said you apply 4ml minoxidil a day. Do you think applying once that big a dose negates needing to apply it twice a day?

It's a hassle applying it twice and the hair looks f*****g horrible.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m just enjoying people pointing out your blatant hypocrisy and debunked know-it-all isms.

Doesn't take a psychologist to see that you're f*****g insane.

You used to rant and rave on here about how stupid we were to doubt Follica - because of Somebody and Dhurat. You referred to those two over and over. Now you have basically said that Somebody is a charlatan. But you don’t acknowledge that you’ve done a 180.

Yeah, he could be. I know this is crazy to you, but it's actually possible for opinions to change over time and information.

I stand by my position on Follica

Which is the reason so many people dislike you.

LMFAO Yeah, you just want to think that.

"So many" people dislike me. Yeah, I guess if you count yourself, the two other homosexuals with obvious personality disorders, and the rabid dermarolling fans, that's "so many."

You know why so many dislike you, though. Because all you do is piss and moan.