Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Time to just start derminating 1.5mm with a cocktail of min,magnesium oil, and peppermint sh*t

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Started last year. Its really effective, best decision of my life hair wise.

Topically I use minoxidil only, the other stuff is useless crap

So Follica will really just be a glorified dermaneedling treatment using their own special topical formulation? What will there topical be composed of? minoxidil + antiandrogens..?

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is just a patent guys, maybe they are trialing other devices now? I think those are going to be the first ones though. But we are speculating

After watching the pics, it seems there will be 2 different needling devices. That could mean they will sell one device to the public and the other to clinics?

If you look carefully the last design uses larger needles, food for thought...

Last edited:

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So its just a Derminator/Microneedling device and an applicator that rubs in either minoxidil or a Proteasome Inhibitor (used in treating cancers?) such as lactasystin and peptyidle aldehyde....so the only difference from us guys in the Microneedling thread is the Proteasome Inhibitor?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So its just a Derminator/Microneedling device and an applicator that rubs in either minoxidil or a Proteasome Inhibitor (used in treating cancers?) such as lactasystin and peptyidle aldehyde....so the only difference from us guys in the Microneedling thread is the Proteasome Inhibitor?
Don't forget the app.
Jokes aside, I do find it interesting. Especially that last design.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is awesome, basically they are making a derminator-like device that applies compounds while wounding. At least thats what i gather from it. I didn't know follica's device was going to be motorized like a derminator or Dr. Pen. I wonder what their topical solution is going to be made of. Excited for this to release

Last edited:

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So over a decade of research from Follica and all they have is a fancier dermaroller?
The hardware is irrelevant the real question is do they have the compounds needed to kick start neogenesis .... i wondered if they had it all along but cant patent it because its old and have been trying work out to make money with out it just being copied or i fear all they have is min and a dermoroller.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hardware is irrelevant the real question is do they have the compounds needed to kick start neogenesis .... i wondered if they had it all along but cant patent it because its old and have been trying work out to make money with out it just being copied or i fear all they have is min and a dermoroller.

Nobody knows for sure but its pretty clear to me that what caused the revival of Follica was Rachita Dhurat study, which showed a very significant increase in hair growth. One solid piece of evidence is the fact Dhurat is part of Follica Clinical Advisors Board now.

After all, the indian study and the others that came after that are all based in Cotsarelis research. And Follica science chief is Cotsarelis...

My opinion: Follica strategy is now based on buying some time using this devices and known growth stims until the new generation of compounds are approved. They raised good money last year and some recently published papers seem to indicate they are on the right track.

Last edited:

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If Cots is with Follica why aren't they pursuing seti/fevi? Is it because they don't have the funding to make big pushes to legalize pharmaceuticals, like Allergen does?

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seti and Fevi are with Allergan and Novartis respectively. Follica can’t just simply use drugs that are in another companies pipeline.

Seti trial has ended quite a few months ago. Haven’t heard any updates and can’t find it on the pipeline for some reason.

Fevi is for asthma, and although in theory it’s meant to work the same way as seti, Novartis have not designed the clinical trial around Androgenetic Alopecia.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This protease inhibitor stuff sounds new to me though. There’s some studies purporting it’s benefits wrt regrowth.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seti and Fevi are with Allergan and Novartis respectively. Follica can’t just simply use drugs that are in another companies pipeline.

Seti trial has ended quite a few months ago. Haven’t heard any updates and can’t find it on the pipeline for some reason.

Fevi is for asthma, and although in theory it’s meant to work the same way as seti, Novartis have not designed the clinical trial around Androgenetic Alopecia.

I guess, Seti will fail and even if it not, it would take damn long to be release. And btw, seti has never appeared in Allergan 's advancing the pipeline.

For those believe in the PGD2 theory, just use fevi.

You see, for very common life-threatening disease like asthma, it even took them damn long to even release such a bloody damn drug. Look at aesthetic disease like hair loss,..... well, ok, you can forget about it. Big pharma SUCKS, as always

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess, Seti will fail and even if it not, it would take damn long to be release. And btw, seti has never appeared in Allergan 's advancing the pipeline.

For those believe in the PGD2 theory, just use fevi.

You see, for very common life-threatening disease like asthma, it even took them damn long to even release such a bloody damn drug. Look at aesthetic disease like hair loss,..... well, ok, you can forget about it. Big pharma SUCKS, as always
Yep. The PG folk are banking on fevi generics in 2020. What's worrisome is hair growth has not been noted in the fevi (or other CRTh2 antagonist) trials as a side effect.