A Very Interesting New Follica Patent: Needling Device And Drug Applicator

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. The PG folk are banking on fevi generics in 2020. What's worrisome is hair growth has not been noted in the fevi (or other CRTh2 antagonist) trials as a side effect.

I think PGD2 is meant for maintenance only, no regrowth. If fevi even fails to maintain, then we can logically and safely dump the whole PGD2 theory into the dust bin.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, he was being dismissive because the poor guy ONLY got abundant vellus hairs after a long time period: THREE MONTHS
He wasn’t even derminating. He was manually stamping which is never going to be as good.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
So its just a Derminator/Microneedling device and an applicator that rubs in either minoxidil or a Proteasome Inhibitor (used in treating cancers?) such as lactasystin and peptyidle aldehyde....so the only difference from us guys in the Microneedling thread is the Proteasome Inhibitor?

I hear you but if this is ever released and is somehow better than a derminator I’ll take it

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wasn't @That Guy being dismissive about microneedling in the microneedling topic?

Microneedling? No.

The delusions of people who try to justify DIY not working? Hell yes.

Yeah, he was being dismissive because the poor guy ONLY got abundant vellus hairs after a long time period: THREE MONTHS

You're really bad at understanding this.

3-4 months is the amount of time it has generally taken in any study to see obvious results. You expect me to believe that after 3 fuckin' months of following the protocol to the best of my ability, and ensuing 5 months there after, that I actually just had to keep rolling for six months straight and then I'd have total regrowth?

That's not how this works. Wounding is supposed to create new hair. That means that, if after several months, none of that vellus hair has grown, then it means no terminal hair has grown. No amount of rolling from that point is going to magically make that vellus hair grow.

Just accept that it didn't work for you, and wait until the professionals who've spent a decade studying this sh*t show what they can do.

Face it: 9/10 of you, to be generous, are going to fall silent in that thread within six months. No photos. Nothing, because it didn't work on any worthwhile level.

mry

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't this literally just mesotherapy which has been around for ages and already being offered in hair loss clinics. The only possible difference is their drug compound

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just accept that it didn't work for you, and wait until the professionals who've spent a decade studying this sh*t show what they can do.

To the best of your knowledge and imagination, can you tell how the "professional" would be different to the "DIY" ?

For me, I strongly believe that the compound and when to apply it is the key. For the device, well, no better than a needle itself.

btw, by "vellus" hair, do you mean no-color very-thin hair ?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling? No.

The delusions of people who try to justify DIY not working? Hell yes.

You're really bad at understanding this.

3-4 months is the amount of time it has generally taken in any study to see obvious results. You expect me to believe that after 3 fuckin' months of following the protocol to the best of my ability, and ensuing 5 months there after, that I actually just had to keep rolling for six months straight and then I'd have total regrowth?

That's not how this works. Wounding is supposed to create new hair. That means that, if after several months, none of that vellus hair has grown, then it means no terminal hair has grown. No amount of rolling from that point is going to magically make that vellus hair grow.

Face it: 9/10 of you, to be generous, are going to fall silent in that thread within six months. No photos. Nothing, because it didn't work on any worthwhile level.

Not full regrowth, but you would maybe see more progress. 3 months really is nothing.

Still it's a treatment like any other. Not everyone will react the same, but it's worth trying for sure. And definitely for longer than 3 months. I would say at least 1 year.

Last edited:

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I do think we are clutching at straws with folica especially after reading that latest patent, it is just wounding, the emphasis is not on a new compound at all, read the patent and see for yourself, your a little delusional if you think a magic topical will come out of no where from them, theres no evidence to suggest that at all.

Having said that I hope in some way their needles or components used to wound are in some way designed to disrupt the follicles differently somehow we will just have to wait and see with that, anyone got any thoughts on potential release date at this stage?

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do think we are clutching at straws with folica especially after reading that latest patent, it is just wounding, the emphasis is not on a new compound at all, read the patent and see for yourself, your a little delusional if you think a magic topical will come out of no where from them, theres no evidence to suggest that at all.

Having said that I hope in some way their needles or components used to wound are in some way designed to disrupt the follicles differently somehow we will just have to wait and see with that, anyone got any thoughts on potential release date at this stage?

Horrible feeling you are correct but why did they write this if all they have is sowing needles strapped to a dildo and 20 year old minoxidil.

"Following skin disruption, cells that migrate to help healing are forced to make a decision: Should I make epidermis, or should I make a hair? There is a window of opportunity in which we can potentially push them to choose the latter, and we believe there are multiple biological pathways to target to enhance this outcome. This regenerative effect is called hair follicle neogenesis."

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for anyone that is familiar with patent law... what’s the difference between filing date and published dates? And why do some of the Follica patents have wide ranging gaps between the two dates?

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting

23. The needling device of claim 1, further comprising a means for emitting infrared rays, wherein follicles of a subject's scalp can be stimulated using both the needle array and the emitted infrared rays.

The drug that is applied is minoxidil or a proteasome inhibitor including lactacystin, a peptidyl aldehyde, or pentoxyfilline (PTX).

STUDY on pentoxyfilline (2018)

Pentoxifylline is a non‐selective inhibitor of phosphodiesterases, which moderates the intracellular levels of cyclic adenosine mono-phosphate (cAMP) and cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) by decreasing their hydrolysis and augmenting cyclic nucleotide‐de‐ pendent signal transduction, which leads to a wide spectrum of effects on the inflammation.

Pentoxifylline has anti‐inflammatory effects by inhibiting the pro‐inflammatory cytokines

Pentoxifylline is effective in the treatment of localized AA

HairLossTalk.com.jpg

Last edited:

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did some googling and found another forum in 2012, discussing follicle Phase 2 results. Apparently they were able to regrow 11% in 3 months and 14% in 5.5 month (not all were terminal).

6 years now, I was wanting to know if there’s any newer results...?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not full regrowth, but you would maybe see more progress. 3 months really is nothing.

Still it's a treatment like any other. Not everyone will react the same, but it's worth trying for sure. And definitely for longer than 3 months. I would say at least 1 year.

Exactly, and also the therapeutic response with wounding is very different and variable between individuals. Conversion of vellus to terminal hair takes many months. Im still regrowing even after more than a year and numerous users here and from other sites are reporting a progressive improvement too, especially if they are using minoxidil.

Its false that people arent getting results with this, definitely not what studies and forum anecdotes are showing. Sad to see respectable forum members negating the obvious.

Last edited:

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, the key to microneedling is triggering hair neogenesis, the holy grail cure. For Follica to be a success they must provide a way to trigger that.

Hair transplants from hair multiplication is not a viable option. One can consider it as a great top up option to iron out certain stubborn parts. But a person suffering from NW7 will not be able to afford hair multiplication and transplant on middle class salary.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well, not really. They are finishing preclinical for at least one compound so yes, its pretty safe to say that some new drug candidate will be trialed by Follica.

Its going to take a while though, nothing more tedious than the FDA Approval process.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody knows for sure but its pretty clear to me that what caused the revival of Follica was Rachita Dhurat study, which showed a very significant increase in hair growth. One solid piece of evidence is the fact Dhurat is part of Follica Clinical Advisors Board now.

After all, the indian study and the others that came after that are all based in Cotsarelis research. And Follica science chief is Cotsarelis...

My opinion: Follica strategy is now based on buying some time using this devices and known growth stims until the new generation of compounds are approved. They raised good money last year and some recently published papers seem to indicate they are on the right track.

Let's not forget the Chinese study either.

That was a special one. They applied minoxidil immediately after wounding and that too twice the normal dose.