6+ Year TS Progress - NW6 to full(ish) head of hair

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 6+ Year TS Progress - NW5 to full(ish) head of hair

gemini,

i'm very happy to hear that your success continues to this day! that is great news. i have read some of your stories you have posted during the last few years and you have made a great transformation. you seem very upbeat and more content with how things are going now. that is great! i hope your success continues and you eventually reach all your goals. thanks for coming back and updating us. take care

GeminiX

Reaction score

Thanks for the coments Abovedagame :)

Lfe is pretty good, sure I still get days where I'm down (don't we all), but I have a lot to be happy about.

I had so much help from this forum all those years ago when I started on this path, I feel it's now only fair I stick around and keep people updated, even if it's less than I used to (though it's not always easy to be nice to some of the people here ;) ).

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score

Wow, I must admit before seeing this thread I never considered the issue of male pattern baldness in people undergoing a sex change.

At least you should not have to worry about future balding.

I'm surprised you did not just go with a wig, though.

GeminiX

Reaction score

A wig would have been much easier in the short term I suppose, but what about swimming, sport, some skank pulling it off etc.

NW5 is not a good look with a bikini :)

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score

Amazing, are some of the drugs you nothing to do with male pattern baldness...I don't want to get personnel. Do you know what I mean?.

If you just started with finasteride how much coverage did you get with just that.

thanks.

GeminiX

Reaction score

Indeed, some of the drugs, in particular the hormones are nothing to do with hair loss as such; they change my body chemistry to be much the same as a natal female.

It's impossible to say which if the drugs gave me the best hair re-growth, and I suspect that it's a combination of all of them.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score

That whats I was thinking, obviously I'm so happy for you, but I don't think we should look at your progress as a accurate measurement of what finasteride can do.

I have similar hairloss to you but too scared of the sides here's my hair now with flash in the sun and I've brightened it so its pretty realstic, infacct I think it looks better but wanted to give as accurate pic as I could.

s6hdn9.jpg

GeminiX

Reaction score

I don't think anyone is are they? I don't keep my situation, or the mediaction I'm on a secret :)

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score

GeminiX said:
I don't think anyone is are they? I don't keep my situation, or the mediaction I'm on a secret :)

I don't know I hope not.

I'm really happy for you though.

GeminiX

Reaction score

seaback said:
Hi Geminix

Could you please tell us a little bit more about progesterone ? For what reason did you decide to add it to you regimen (I do not want to be indiscreet) ? I have searched the web and it appears that it can give MTF rounder and fuller boobs but I am not sure...
It also inhibits 5AR activity and enhance estrogen effects from what I have read. Are they side effects such as gyno if you do not take estrogen at the same time ? Thanks !

I've always wanted to add progesterone to my regimen, but as it will statistically shorten my life I have been waiting until I can improve my fitness and health through diet and exercise to counter-balance the negative effects.

The main reason transsexuals in particular use progesterone are firstly as you already mentioned, it allows breast development to take on a fuller and more natural shape (not as conical and “man boobâ€￾ like as they can with oestrogen alone. In addition, a well balanced dose of progesterone and oestrogen can have significant benefits with mood swings.

The emotional rollercoaster which we get strapped into once we begin HRT is the wildest of rides; within minutes, you can go from laughing hysterically to being curled up in a ball crying uncontrollably. Progesterone helps stabilise that :)

You know when cisgendered women, just before menstruation, have that look that they want to murder you with something blunt and rusty? Well, I used to feel like that pretty much all the time.

I Hope this helps.

GeminiX

Reaction score

Mini update:

Having discussed my latest blood work with my GP and Psych, we feel it's safe for me to take Dutasteride out of my regimen.

Fingers crossed I won't see any significant chages, big sheds etc.

Wish me luck :)

GeminiX

Reaction score

seaback said:
Hi Geminix,

I am going to give it a try... Based on what you know and have read, does it cause gyno when taken alone (with no estrogen) ? What are the most reported side effects ? Do other people notice an improvement in hair loss while on it (I mean, you seem to respond extremely well to treatments, it might be not the case of other people) ? Thanks

Hmm, It's a *very* common medication in the TS world, so I would be very careful. While it's got a good chance of helping to restore your hair, I would expect secondary feminisation would be a quite likely side effect.

Can you get some blood work done to monitor your hormone levels? I would strongly advise regular checks if you want to go down this route.

GeminiX

Reaction score

Quick update, I've booked a follow-up hair transplant procedure with Dr. Rogers for Wednesday next week.

If Dr. Rogers permits I'll be "blogging" during the procedure and will try to get some video / photos during the process.

I'm so excited :D

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score

GeminiX said:
Quick update, I've booked a follow-up hair transplant procedure with Dr. Rogers for Wednesday next week.

If Dr. Rogers permits I'll be "blogging" during the procedure and will try to get some video / photos during the process.

I'm so excited :D
I wish you best of luck. I (and probably most of the experienced hair transplant users here) wouldn't go to rogers from the thing's I've heard.

GeminiX

Reaction score

Cheers Shma, I've been to Dr. Rogers before and am very happy with the work I've had done there.

I also take most of what I read on the "internets" with a pinch of salt, so much is just plain nonsense or is biased due to an ulterior motive.

Rather than base my opinion (and custom) on the stuff one finds on the internet, I've spend a *lot* of time actually contacting and researching each short-listed clinic personally :)

GeminiX

Reaction score

Quick update:

I've just got off the phone with Dr. Rogers, he is happy that I blog / tweet during the procedure and we'll take some photos and video clips too.

I can't decide if I'm providing a service to the hair-loss community or just being an attention wh*** :)

G

i think for the people who are on the edge of getting a hair transplant done, will really appreciate the blogging/tweeting. it may help them make future decisions. i am in no way shape or form going the hair transplant route for atleast the next 5 years but i wouldnt mind following the procedure.

You said tweeting so i am assuming you have twitter. is this where you will be doing the updates during the procedure with twitpics? if so, can you PM me your twitter name so i can follow you?

GeminiX

Reaction score

GeminiX

Reaction score

hair transplant Day is here, I'm all set and heading to London for 2500+ grafts :)
(The clinic Dr Rogers has in Stratford is moving to Rugby and is not ready yet)

GeminiX

Reaction score

Home after one hell of a day, I have loads of photographs and even some video. I'll post everything in the coming days for anyone interested to see.

Dr. Rogers and his team were absolutely fantastic, I'm blown away by the density this time. I'm also utterly exhausted, these all day sessions are brutal :)