6+ Year TS Progress - NW6 to full(ish) head of hair

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hello! :)

Seeing as it's been *years* since I last posted a progress update and as I'm in the process of setting up my new website and becoming Danielle full time, it seems like a good time to post a new pic.

I've moved my gallery of hair loss to here - Hair Transplant Pictures on my website.

I'm really pleased with the progress in 6 years, going from a "full horseshoe" to being able to have a fringe again.

There have been two contributors to my progress:

Drugs
Lots of female hormones and anti androgens.
Finasteride & Androcur, though mostly Finasteride.

Surgery
Two hair transplant procedures performed by Dr. Rogers (Rogers Clinic, Stratford/Rugby/London).

1st, 1007 strip grafts to fix my temples and hairline.
2nd, 2000+ strip grafts to further boost my hairline and provide a little more crown density.

As it stands, I'm considering one more final set of grafts to finish the job, but as I still get lots of new hair growth to come so I'm hanging on 'till I'm sure there is no more. I'm also considering a scalp advance, so I'll be wanting to keep some donor area for after the procedure.

Most of the advice on these procedures and medication has been based on the information I've gained here on this forum, so *huge* thanks to all the fantastic people who have had input into my success story so far :)

*edit* I think I'm flatterd at the comments about me wearing a wig in the latest photo, however it's not a wig it's all my own hair :shock:

It is dyed and styled of course.

Cheers,
Dani x x

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 5 Year Progress Updade

Meh!? : :shock:

Cassin

Reaction score

GeminiX I am so glad you came back! Your progress is nothing short of astounding!!!!!!!

What stuns me is the length that your hair has grown...I always thought it would be shorter but thats stunning.

Perhaps you should drop a line about your "transformation" so people get what you're doing.

GeminiX

Reaction score

Thanks!

I'm really pleased with the results, way beyond my expectations.

And yeah, just in case anyone missed it I'm male to female transsexual, so the hair recovery is just one of the things I'm changing :)

FreeloaderUK

Established Member
Reaction score

phew! Im on finasteride & I knew it had side effects but those pics at the end there got me worried for a moment!

GeminiX

Reaction score

Yeah, those finasteride sides are deadly.

I used to run around hammering nails into planks of wood and climbing trees and stuff, then *blam* a day after I started finasteride I'm suddenly into shopping and kittens :)

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score

GeminiX said:
I used to run around hammering nails into planks of wood and climbing trees and stuff, then *blam* a day after I started finasteride I'm suddenly into shopping and kittens :)

:woot:

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

what percentage of your hair growth is due to finasteride?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Cassin said:
mj9 said:
what percentage of your hair growth is due to finasteride?

There is no way she knows that. Impossible. She is taking too many drugs.

ok so at what time point did she start adding other drugs? (so we can see what results the finasteride yielded by itself)

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

GeminiX said:
a day after I started finasteride I'm suddenly into shopping and kittens :)

lmao! some guys here might believe you.

What a transformation, well done dani!

I have said this before so apologies for repeating myself, finasteride and the other meds have worked wonders for you, considering that you was almost NW6, the work by Rogers looks very good too.

Also kudos for being open about yourself.

Lucky.

GeminiX

Reaction score

Cheers Lucky.

You're spot on with people taking that concept seriously though, a guy in Italy seems to think that finasteride has made me "gay" lol.

It's really wierd, I keep finding links to my pictures popping up all over the interwebs:

America (I think)

Somewhere in France

Hanging out in Sweden

Lurking in Italy

At this rate it won't be long before I have the paparazzi turning up when I go to the cinema...

Obsidian

Reaction score

I would defientley nominate you, SE-Freak, Defenton, and of course StrangeKarma for some of the most miraculous regrowth stories.

Congrats!

GeminiX

Reaction score

Fortunately for me, I'm an attention wh*** :)

GeminiX

Reaction score

Gosh, I've been on this forum for 4 years... hasn't the time flown :)

I think it's time I took some new progress pictures hehe

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

giminix can you answer my question above?

GeminiX

Reaction score

I started taking Finasteride from day one, along with Ovysmen and Androcur. The Ovysmen I switched for patches after a couple of years as they are far safer. I also tried Dutasteride for a while, it seemed to be working better than Finasteride for a while, but on reflection I don't think it was better or worse really.