6+ Year TS Progress - NW6 to full(ish) head of hair

GeminiX

Reaction score
Re: 6+ Year TS Progress - NW5 to full(ish) head of hair

That's my point, I shopped around to the surgeons who are regarded by people as the worlds best and for my money, Dr. Rogers came out on top.

That's not taking anything away from the others, but I do feel they are massively over-hyped by many people.

I'm not sure if I was quite NW6, though some say I was beyond even that, also I had considerable regrowth from Finasteride and all the other horrible drugs prior to getting the transplants. Dr. Rogers work is the temples and hairline, and as you say, I don't think any surgeon in the world could have done a better job.

edit: also, just to be clear; some people may find that another surgeon is better for them and anyone considering any form of cosmetic surgery should check out multiple surgeons to find the clinic and surgeon who is right for them and what they want done.

muddyball

Established Member
Reaction score

Looking at those results its amazing, Im starting to take action by firstly seeing a dermatologist next week. I want a second opinion really. I really only have slight recession in the temples and the rest of my hair is pretty thick.

Really depressed having to constantly style my hair in a way to cover the temples though, want to be able to be flexible with hair styles etc as I havent been near a hairdresser in ages for fear of them cutting/thinning out the temple areas!

Looking at your results Dr rogers looks right up my street if I need temple work, am I too young though at 29?

GeminiX

Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback Muddyball.

I'm afraid I can't say if 29 is too young or not, it depends on many factors. Only you know if you've factored everything in and feel ready for it :)

mann02

Established Member
Reaction score

Nice result!!can u verify my story and check if I'm improviNG my hair...and tell me what nor wood I'm at...thank u :dunno: :punk:

GeminiX

Reaction score

So I'm having some surgery in a couple of months and have to stop taking most of my regimen for quite some time in order to reduce the risk of blood clots.

If I end up bald again I'm so buying a wig...

GeminiX

Reaction score

As of 8:00pm tonight(ish) it will be one week since I stopped taking medication.

My hair has not all fallen out yet, but I'm getting very moody. Not sure whether it's the stress of being off hormones or is the to-be-expected menopausal crazies.

The upside is I'm getting some killer scores in COD:4 :)

GeminiX

Reaction score

It is, but I agreed to be open on here :)

I'm in the process of having bariatric surgery (gastric band). I'm 41 and am always having huge problems with my weight yo-yoing up and down. Time to try a different approach and admit that there are some things I suck at.

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score

Do all men turn to women after taking finasteride for several years?..

GeminiX

Reaction score

Michael84 said:
Do all men turn to women after taking finasteride for several years?..
Yes, this exactly what happens to everyone who takes Finasteride.

It's not too bad, but getting used to high heels can take a while.

GeminiX

Reaction score

It's now nearly two weeks since I have been off all medication, it sucks.

Mood swings last week were no fun at all though I think I'm able to control it now and manage the urges to run around grocery stores and shout at the fresh produce.

The good news is my hair is fine so far, no "shedding" or anything like that. Also, a close-up inspection of my hairline last night shows a lot more grafts from my last transplant poking through, so that has cheered me up immensely.

GeminiX

Reaction score

Tick tock tick tock, three weeks off medication and I'm hating it, though I am somewhat used to it.

The mood swings are vile, I burst into tears this morning because I missed a delivery when I nipped to the shops for 10 mins! Even having those irrational thoughts about cancelling the surgery etc.

By far the worst thing of all though is the return of spontaneous functionality "down there", woke up with with it a few days ago :(

GeminiX

Reaction score
Fourth week and honestly, I'm a little concerned. I seem to be loosing more hair than usual when I brush my hair in the morning.
I'm considering going back on just the Androcur for the last week (only 10 days left and I can get back to my regimen).

GeminiX

Reaction score
Fifth and final week off my regimen, and it *feels* like I used to feel before; sex drive is off the charts. angry at stupid stuff, harder to focus on studying etc. Basically, all the male things have come back or are returning.

The good news is my hair is still fine. I went to the hair-dresser yesterday and it certainly looks better than it did in December when I was there last,. Even if I have lost a little ground in the last few weeks, I'm confident it will recover once I get back on my regimen in a few days.

I'm counting the hours!

GeminiX

Reaction score
Mini update, surgery went well and I'm now back in my hospital room and still alive (yay!) :)

GeminiX

Reaction score
First day back on the full regimen today (phew), also recovering well from surgery and feeling good.

In a nutshell then, six weeks off medication and I didn't go bald :)

It will be interesting to see if I experience a shed of any kind in the next week or so as I'm going from no meds to my full regimen over just a few days.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, was just wondering how things were going. no updates in a lil while + no replies in a bit longer of a while :) hope it's still going well

GeminiX

Reaction score
kthxbi said:
hi, was just wondering how things were going. no updates in a lil while + no replies in a bit longer of a while :) hope it's still going well

All is well thanks :)

I'm healing well after surgery and back on my full regimen; I noticed quite a lot of fresh growth on my hair line but that is probably from the hair transplant last May.

Actually, you've reminded me to post some new pictures, I'll pop some up later.

GeminiX

Reaction score
So it's been a few months since the last update, time to share some new pictures.

March20111.jpg

March20112.jpg

March20113.jpg

Very pleased indeed :)

I think most of the hairs transplanted during last last year's procedure are now growing, though many are still very short. As they grow they are making my hair really fuzzy and a nightmare to control.

It's really nice to have this fringe and bangs starting without having to fake-it with a comb-over; I'm really looking forward to see how it looks in another six months or so.

March20114.jpg

This is one of those dreaded shots with strong lighting directly overhead, at last I seem to have enough density to not be obviously thinning.

Finally some "worst case scenario" pictures:
March20119.jpg

March201110.jpg

March201111.jpg

These are all directly under strong lighting *and* my camera flash and 100w daylight lamp, lighting simply does not get this bad in any other circumstances and even then my scalp is now significantly concealed by hair growth.

I didn't think this was a possible result for a NW6 a few years ago :)

GeminiX

Reaction score
Even more encouraging is Dr. Rogers told me after my last transplant that I still have enough donor hair available for at least one big session :)