6+ Year TS Progress - NW6 to full(ish) head of hair

IHateIt

Reaction score
Re: 5 Year Progress Updade

Amazing! This only shows hair follicles don't really die. They can always be restored with the right body signals with drugs.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score

lol until I clicked the last page I was really confused about the name 'Danielle' and thought the women was another person.

That's amazing though, I'd thought it was a wig. Stratford, as in East London?

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score

WTF? you f*****g turned yourself into a woman??!?!

damn man, that is just wrong......

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

elvis123 said:
WTF? you f****ing turned yourself into a woman??!?!

damn man, that is just wrong......
Yeh WTF is that a joke like wtf is going on please explain someone either way good progress!!!!!!!!!!!

GeminiX

Reaction score

I'm afraid being born transsexual is no joke, and not much fun.

Its also hardly a secret, I've been posting here for years and even "labeled" my posts accordingly.

/sigh

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

GeminiX said:
I'm afraid being born transsexual is no joke, and not much fun.

Its also hardly a secret, I've been posting here for years and even "labeled" my posts accordingly.

/sigh
Gemini my apologies if I upset you, like I said great progress are you in the Heroes Thread yet? :punk:

GeminiX

Reaction score

After a recent discussion with my psychiatrist, I think I'll be changing my prescription in the next few weeks. I don't know for sure yet, as this will be decided during my consultation in February, but he was seems quite keen I move onto Dutasteride (again).

I'll post the new regimen when I know exactly what it is.

Wish me luck :)

GeminiX

Reaction score

Cheers, fingers crossed :)

GeminiX

Reaction score

So a quick update to my progress so far:

I'm now certain that I'm getting no more re-growth from medication. There is regularly new vellus, but most of it never really seems to get to the terminal stage. I've probably been at this stage for about 12 months, so I feel it’s time to get another hair transplant, and most likely the final one.

To this end I've been short listing surgeons and am down to these four:

1. Rogers Medical (UK)
2. Feller Medical (US)
3. Hasson & Wong (Canada)
4. Farjo Medical Centre (UK)

Rogers Medical
As Dr. Rogers perfumed my previous transplant and I'm very pleased with the results he was the first I contacted (and visited). I'm happy to report the visit was very pleasant; Dr. Rogers remembered me and had all my records / previous phots etc. ready. We discussed how he would improve my hairline further whilst also adding several thousand grafts to my temple and crown to improve overall density. He will also perform some minor work on my right eyebrow (50 grafts) to improve symmetry.

Feller Medical
Feller gets so much positive press and has so many fans that I would be silly to not add him to my list. Unfortunately, my initial impression is less than positive (and not at all what I expected based on what I've read here).
Initially I emailed the Feller clinic directly, but after two mails and waiting a week with no reply I contacted Spex in the UK. We chatted briefly on the telephone, but he seemed uninterested and the call only lasted a couple of minutes before we had to end the conversation as he had to take another call. I sent Spex (and the Feller clinic) my photos, but I have had no feedback on them.
Based on my "gut" feeling I'm tempted to say screw Feller, but I've heard so much (almost fanatical) positive feedback that I may give them another chance.

Hassan and Wong
Even worse than Feller so far; I had a brief email response to my initial where the clinic wanted more information. I’ve replied and have since heard nothing in several weeks. I’ll follow up my email tomorrow.

Farjo Medical Centre
Initially good, but I’m not certain; it seems a little bit too good to be true.
I’ve not spoken to Farjo directly but the chap I spoke on the phone had at least spoken to him about my photos and had some interesting ideas for a transplant. They scored some negatives in other areas of communication though, and while I can’t quite put my finger on what exactly, there is something a little “double glazing†salesman about it.
I have an appointment at Farjo Medical next week so I’ll see how that goes. It’s worth a visit as I’ll be at my psychiatrists practice in the morning and the Farjo clinic is literally around the corner.

So that’s where I’m at right now, and I must say I’m surprised at how poor some of the apparently faultless clinics have been thus far. Maybe my expectations are just too high, but then again poor customer service is never really excusable.

amsch

Reaction score

Which areas are you looking for? If you just need a little more work at the hairline/temples, I'd go with Feller F.U.E.

GeminiX

Reaction score

Quite a few thousand grafts to finish the job; I have loads left in the donor area so going with strip I think.

GeminiX

Reaction score

Quick update:

I've (finally) been prescribed a progesterone to add to my regimen, so I'm putting the hair transplant on hold for a few months until the spring.

It's been 6 weeks with the progesterone and I am sure there is a mad growth spurt occurring, similar to when I first switched to Dutasteride, little vellus hairs which had appeared dormant for a year plus have suddenly started growing and becoming terminal.

I'm going to have to document all this far more thoroughly as I really don't understand how I can still be getting re-growth after all this time.

edit: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :) x

Cassin

Reaction score

GEMINIX!!!

What an absolutely astounding transformation. Simply amazing. I mean when I remember pics of your horseshoe bald head and then see your avatar now....just can't believe it.

and how much weight have you lost? 30 lbs?

GeminiX

Reaction score

Hey Cassin,

Thank you for the comments, you're such a star :D

Total weight loss is a tad over 7stone (103lbs) so far, but it's hard to quantify as I'm doing a lot of weight work and cardio / martial arts / dance so I've probably put on a stone or two of lean tissue / muscle.

When I took my blood work and BMI / health screening results to my GP he was practically doing back flips lol, he said he wanted to hug me at how much healthier / fitter etc. I am.

Cholesterol, BMI, BP etc. are all really good now apparently, it was a condition from my Psych before he would prescribe the progesterone.

edit: typos

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score

My dear, forgive my ignorance but what will the addition of progesterone do? I love the technical stuff.

You look ready to dance by the way.

GeminiX

Reaction score

hairrific said:
My dear, forgive my ignorance but what will the addition of progesterone do? I love the technical stuff.

You look ready to dance by the way.

Hi Hairrific,

Adding Progesterone will "complete" the picture and generally balance everything out:

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_97232.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progesterone

Taking progesterone is pretty highly debated topic in TS circles, some doctors refuse to diagnose it; so far though it seems to be working well for me.

Cheers about the dancing comment, I love do dance :)

I used to do a lot of dancing when I was young, I have to re-learn a lot of it now, and from a different perspective. It's quite an interesting experience; fortunately I have remained very supple and can still do a full saddle split and almost a front split; if I can just do that Prince move where he lifts himself from a splt without using his upper body I'll have arrived :D

GeminiX

Reaction score
Re: 6+ Year TS Progress - NW5 to full(ish) head of hair

Ooh, over 10,000 reads... do I win a prize?

DesertFox

Reaction score
Re: 6+ Year TS Progress - NW5 to full(ish) head of hair

Wow those are amazing results, I mean you could be in one of those commercials where they show miracle regrowth, something in the lines of legendary. I have a question for you, how much did the hair transplant grafts cost? Around in US dollars? Also, are you still on finasteride or dutasteride and how long do you plan on staying on them if you are?