6+ Year TS Progress - NW6 to full(ish) head of hair

GeminiX

Reaction score
Re: 6+ Year TS Progress - NW5 to full(ish) head of hair

@DesertFox, thanks for your comments.

The hair transplant cost £3500 which at todays exchange rate is ~$6600.

I'm staying on Dutasteride for a little while longer, though I suspect I will be able to come off it soon as the rest of the drugs / hormones will make it somewhat obsoloete. I will certainly no longer need the drug after the "plumbing" gets redone :)

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score

all the way you come and turn into shemale ????????????????/

GeminiX

Reaction score

raj47 said:
all the way you come and turn into shemale ????????????????/

/sigh

So many ignorant people in the world...

MSX98

Reaction score

What a moronic post... it's great too, when people are petrified of getting on finasteride, since they think it'll make them grow a vagina overnight or something.

Anyways, amazing regrowth, GeminiX! You're transitioning at a decent pace, too :) Let us know what happens in the future!

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score

sorry .........................................................

GeminiX

Reaction score

@KWIH - Thanks, things are going really well though I've over-eaten a bit during this festive season :)
I have a few surgical procedures lined up this year, so I'll add some notes about them here along with the hairloss.
That said, I don't really post here much now (current week aside), but I'll add stuff to this thread.

@Raj47 - Not sure if your response is cultural, but the use of the term "shemale" is quite derogatory. Also, it's not something one really choses, it's there from birth.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score

hey raj? , can you be a little easy with your comments

I understand english is not your native language, but when you literally translate from you mother tongue to English it most often does not mean the same and you can end up sounding like a dick.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm blown away by your progress Danielle. You've achieved an incredible feat and deserve all the praise you can get! :bravo:

Just one question from me; after all these years of taking these drugs and going through operations, would you say it was worth it? I think i know the answer, but just wondering if you'd encourage others out there to devote a good portion of their time, years even, to achieve or come close to, what you have?

GeminiX

Reaction score

Hi Draco, thank you for your kind words and in answer to your question, a 100% unequivocal yes.

The path I'm on certainly feels challenging at times and by being so open about it I've made myself a target for all kinds of bigots, religious nutters and generally ignorant morons, but it all ultimately helps make me stronger and better as a person.

There are times where I've stumbled too, but I have a solid network of friends and family who have kept me going though the times where it has seemed to be an impossible journey, though there are also stages on this path which you can only face alone.

20 years ago, my life appeared terrific to bystanders, but inside I went between feeling suicidal to just numb; after time I gave up on the suicide and just blanked the world to the point where it felt like I was watching my own life from behind dirty and scratched thick panes of glass; I was just going through the motions and "faking it".

Now I wake up pretty much every day feeling great and looking forward to what the day will bring; it's a really good place to be as I find I'm enjoying so many aspects of life I loathed or simply didn't really engage in as my old self.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score

GeminiX said:
The path I'm on certainly feels challenging at times and by being so open about it I've made myself a target for all kinds of bigots, religious nutters and generally ignorant morons, but it all ultimately helps make me stronger and better as a person.
Sadly there are many idiots on this planet who subscribe to those traits.

20 years ago, my life appeared terrific to bystanders, but inside I went between feeling suicidal to just numb; after time I gave up on the suicide and just blanked the world to the point where it felt like I was watching my own life from behind dirty and scratched thick panes of glass; I was just going through the motions and "faking it".
I can relate to you somewhat, since i'm gay myself, and while my experience would differ from yours, i know what it's like to be 'faking it'. I've also come across transsexual guys and girls and know how tough it can be for them.

Now I wake up pretty much every day feeling great and looking forward to what the day will bring; it's a really good place to be as I find I'm enjoying so many aspects of life I loathed or simply didn't really engage in as my old self.
That's great :) It's your type of story that gives me hope and encouragement.

GeminiX

Reaction score

Cheers Draco, it's responses like yours that keep me posting in the interwebs :D

MSX98

Reaction score

GeminiX said:

I know exactly how that feels... I'm sorry you had to live like that for so long. What gives me hope is you've been going through some positive changes, and you seem to be quite happy these days :) Kudos for your bravery.

GeminiX

Reaction score

I've just noticed a new remarkable development; a fresh wave of vellus like hair has started to grow and take on terminal like qualities; the amazing thing is the quantity and age.

The growth area and quantity of hair is *massive*, I swear, this growth looks like I'm going to get back every hair I ever lost... The even more amazing thing is the age; some of these new hairs are in areas which my hairline had receded past 20 years ago!

I noticed these new thick hairs earlier today and have checked with one of my best friends and my hairdresser who I happened to see today in the gym. Right now I'm feeling a little freaked out as by every account I've read, it should be completely impossible to recover hair around 10 years after losing it, never mind 20!

My regimen has changed slightly in the last few months where progesterone was added; that is the only think I can think of which would cause this development.

I think this is the fourth time in the last 5 years where I have witnessed a significant wave of new hair growth.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score

do you had any back side shed on avodart

GeminiX

Reaction score

raj47 said:
do you had any back side shed on avodart

Impossible to say, I have quite long hair and my hair brush looks like a small furry rodent every morning after brushing :)

SmileBam

Reaction score

Well,congratulions.But for us men's,is harder. :(
P.S.I sw the whole thread and i must say you have a great will.Yhat's the most important thing.

GeminiX

Reaction score

SmileBam said:
Well,congratulions.But for us men's,is harder. :(
P.S.I sw the whole thread and i must say you have a great will.Yhat's the most important thing.

Thanks for the positve feedback and I completely agree about the same recovery being harder for men.

For me the side effects become welcome benefits; most guys however have little interest in bra shopping for themselves :)

If only there was some way to get the effects of my regimen without the feminisation too, it would be quite a breakthrough for hair-loss treatments.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

GeminiX said:
If only there was some way to get the effects of my regimen without the feminisation too, it would be quite a breakthrough for hair-loss treatments.

That will no doubt come one day.

I've just seen this thread and followed your story. Well done for having the drive, tenacity and bravery for doing what you've had to do.

I do understand your situation and admire your positive outlook.

GeminiX

Reaction score

Quick update:

Several months ago I addedd Progesterone to my regimen and I'm happy to say it appears that it has made a significant improvement.

The thousands of vellus hairs which had stalled and were just sitting there are now sprouting and growing like crazy, some are already looking like short terminal hairs, with my whole hairline now looking thicker than I can ever remember it being.

What I cannot get over is that most of these hairs were *gone* or rapidly vanishing well over ten years ago, in fact probably closer to fifteen or even twenty years.

I still have the issue of a hairline which is simply too high and a nose and forehead which are too masculine, and only surgery can fix that, but hair density is getting better every time I look.

Happy days :)