45 months on the big 3 and counting... (45month pics update)

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks SE, I was going off of the YouTube scalp exercises and now I'm moving my scalp back and forth without touching it. I could do this all day, but I noticed that when I took a shower my scalp burned when water touched it. I don't know if that's a good thing. Thanks for the info. Mind you I'm also on the big 3. Maybe these exercises help facilitate their efficacy.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Let me do the math:

5,08 years!

yes. I have reached the 5 year mark-hair looks OK too. Still wear it long.
my regimen stays unaltered.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent results man! This gives me hope. I've just ordered my finasteride, and minoxodil. Waiting for it to arrive.

Do you use regular Nizoral shampoo or the 2%?

Are they the same thing?

SE-freak

Reaction score
reckless said:
Excellent results man! This gives me hope. I've just ordered my finasteride, and minoxodil. Waiting for it to arrive.

Do you use regular Nizoral shampoo or the 2%?

Are they the same thing?

Hi there :)

It depends on where you live, I think in US 2% ketoconazole concentration is prescription only, while 1% is over the counter. I would opt for the 2% if I could but i am sure the 1% would help too.

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello SE Freak,

First of all, congratulations on your sick results! I have been reading your thread for the past 2 hours haha. It has somewhat inspired me to start using minoxidil aswell for my temple areas.

I am currently on finasteride and ketoconazol. What do you think of my idea to start minoxidil? I personally wanted to wait a year before adding things to my regimen, but I don't know if that will have a negative effect on getting results with minoxidil.

Here's my story if you are interested.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=59033

VoteForPedro

Reaction score
when you say "Nizoral+T" what is "T?" and what is "SE?" sorry...i'm new to all this. thanks, though...and CONGRATS on all your success! keep it up. :)

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Looks like it is one of those fake pictures lying around on ads :p
Keep it up :)

redskins1111

Reaction score
SE-freak,

admirable results. I am currently on a regimen very similar to yours, I haven't missed a beat for right around 2 months now. I was curious, what did your early signs of success look like? I'm getting a lot of colorless hair everywhere on the top of my head, there's a lot popping up in the temples, too.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry for my late or no replies. Life has taken over these days.

@redskins: the very first sign of something going on was when I got through an enormous shed 1-2 weeks in treatment. I used to pat my head and it would be the autumn of hairballs. After that, probably the skin texture of balding areas would be different to the touch, as new hair was coming in.

@MrBastard: Thanks. Will do! :p

@VoteForPedro: T was for T-gel a neutrogena shampoo with salicylic acid-an exfoliating agent. Not using that anymore but once in a while exfoliating could enhance absorption of topicals. SE stands for Tom Hagerty's scalp exercise. Google it up.

@Sebastien: I took a look at your story. First of all, your hair has decent coverage and quality. Good thing you got on treatments as first signs of balding are showing. Give it some time, 2 or 3 months in is not enough to judge effectiveness. Treatments might not give noticeable results before the 9month mark!

cya!!!

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can you post an updated pic so we can see how the hairs look now after 50+(?) months of threatment :)

was_beautiful

Reaction score
dude could you possibly post your SE regimen on your first post? I dunno about scrolling thru 50 pages to find your regimen lol though I wanna give it a shot. I've been on propecia for almost 5 yrs now (nothing else) and its starting to lose its effectiveness.

btw your hair is better than the last few girls i've dated haha.

linkoq

Reaction score
thank you SE-freak for coming back !!
myspace_salute.jpg

almost 5 years !!

thank you sir!! :)