45 months on the big 3 and counting... (45month pics update)

SE-freak

Reaction score
Regaine 5% twice daily
Finasteride(Split Proscar) 1mg daily
Nizoral 3 per week - Eubos sensitive
Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercise

The density of my hairline in the temple areas was not as high as in the middle, although the hairline border was almost perfect. My right temple was and is a bit higher than the left one and seemed to respond slower while on treatments. I still see minor positive changes in hairline.

The red areas stand for the male pattern baldness hit areas of my scalp on day zero. The blue dots are my two crown swirls:

before vs 81 days in:
anagen9pp.jpg

(for those that think that hair length might be misleading)

16months in:
pict0009emediumvv9.jpg

32months in:

45 months in:

I am currently 59 months in treatment and hair still looks great!

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
you're on ur way to full recovery, thats very good

how long were u losing hair for ?

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Please do something for your loved ones and change that t-shirt.

75 days is long enough, specially if it "was" white.

Just kidding, but impressive results mate.

Seems that is working pretty fine in the middle top and the crown, your bald spot has reduced a lot. Same here, but my main problem zone (yes, the crown) still is untolerably thin after ten months.

I guess we just have to wait and pray. I still feel there´s room for improvement.

But you are recovering pretty fast. Seems that you´r gonna make a good progress in a few months...

Keep up the good luck!!!

DragonLord

Reaction score
great results dude!!
any improvement at the temples?
congratulations :) and all the best

G

SE FREAK - I see your frontal hair appears thicker. What do you owe your success to for the most part for the frontal hair ? .. Propecia or minoxidil ?

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
christ the difference between day 55 and 75 is crazy! does lighting have anything to do with that? I mean it seems the same in all of them.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Solo: this is not a t-shirt, this is my skin.

DLord: my first results were in the temple area from month one. I was a NW1 to begin with, but I am getting new terminal growth there. If this thing continues I might have to reduce the area of application since I like my hairline as it is:

HMRegrow: In the first two pics my hair is a tad shorter. The visual difference is partially because of overlapping. That said, the quality of my hair is vastly improved overall although my only concern was the vertex.

C&Milkies: The lighting is always an issue. But the photos are taken in the same spot, I even tried to wear the same t-shirt color so that the camera did not adjust brightness altering my hair image. The tone difference in the thin vertex area is new growth. I can hear the sound of new terminal growth when I rub these areas. That was to be expected as 2,5 months is too soon for all hairs to be brought into play again after the very noticeable(400+hairs per day) initial shed due to minoxidil.

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to say, Freak, I'm very impressed and jealous. I'd also like to thank you, you've just given me the confidence to begin my minoxidil regimen consistently. Previously I was too afraid of shedding.

Congratulations, man, you must be ecstatic!

Also, should this be moved to success stories? People need to see this!

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results!

Se-Freak at what point were you shedding the 400+ a day you mention? was it within the first few weeks and how long did this shed last?

G

SE-freak said:
HMRegrow: In the first two pics my hair is a tad shorter. The visual difference is partially because of overlapping. That said, the quality of my hair is vastly improved overall although my only concern was the vertex.

So again I go... Was it minoxidil or Propecia responsible for the frontal thickening I see ??

I am asking because I am deciding whether to Embark on minoxidil or Not... its going to be a life long commitment i guess (as long as I want hair) and I have already dropped minoxidil once at 20 days...

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
good results.

you'd have to shave your head back down to the length in the original photo to properly assess regrowth since the length makes a significant difference in coverage. but, your hair looks good so no sense in shaving it off to prove an irrelavent point.

do you, in fact, do scalp exercises? i've never heard you speak of them. do you attribute any benefit to them?

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe the SE stands for "Sexy Elephant" but can't be sure

SE-freak

Reaction score
Helpmeregrow said:
So again I go... Was it minoxidil or Propecia responsible for the frontal thickening I see ??

Sorry for not answering your question initially HMR. Many people ask others what is helping them. Is there any way one can know? Minoxidil is a stimulant, so my guess is that it is "acting" with the "help" of the improved environment provided by finasteride.

I am asking because I am deciding whether to Embark on minoxidil or Not... its going to be a life long commitment i guess (as long as I want hair) and I have already dropped minoxidil once at 20 days...

How can one think of 6 minutes throughout the day spent to apply minoxidil while you spend so many hours thinking about your hair and losing energy? minoxidil is often treated as "the ultimate defeat" by some. It is just a growth stimulant. It gets you hairier. If you want extra hair you use it. If you stop wanting it you quit.