45 months on the big 3 and counting... (45month pics update)

SE-freak

Reaction score
tn-Looser said:
Did you experience such long periods of shed ? ( almost 2 months for me )

Well besides my initial super-shed 2-3 weeks in, I have less obvious periods of shedding now and then. I still shed obvious hair while combing etc, but I have not seen a decline in my hair image, and that is my basic criterion.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
hey freak brief explanation is help full for strater

anyway i also same boat like in jan-2009 i was in NW2 but eventually turned to Norwood 3~4

but my hair line is not receding rather than falling thin hair

hayri

Reaction score
hi se-freak
I am started my regimen 1 month ago (nizoral-minoxidil-proscar) and I am seeing small hairs in my head during one week but they are not creating density.yes hair count in my head are increasing (not counting only seeing new hairs coming) but I am not expecting this new hairs create some density.

I think I must increase my minoxidil dose because I am nw5-6 and I am wanting cover my head (when I have long hair I want to hide my bold spots with hair).
you used minoxidil two times in day and If I want to reach some density, I think must increase dose( by increasing repeat time of applying (three times in a week) or increasing dose at the 2 applying ) or go on the same regimen? I am not sure?

to sum up
Did you increased your minoxidil dose when you see new hairs? I increased my dose(wrote my cause at above) but ? am not sure if it works. have you experienced such a situation(thinking of increase dose or wait for the results).

I ask this question to you because you are using this products for a long time
you may know such a situation.(If I increased minoxidil dose I must go on the same dose or can I decrease to a normal dose etc.. )
but anyone can answer this question if they are experienced such a situation...

sorry for my bad english..

SE-freak

Reaction score
I am started my regimen 1 month ago (nizoral-minoxidil-proscar) and I am seeing small hairs in my head during one week but they are not creating density.yes hair count in my head are increasing (not counting only seeing new hairs coming) but I am not expecting this new hairs create some density.

1 month in is too soon to expect anything. The new hair you are seeing coming in shows that you are responding to treatments. So keep an unaltered regimen for some months and give this a chance to work for you.

I think I must increase my minoxidil dose because I am nw5-6 and I am wanting cover my head (when I have long hair I want to hide my bold spots with hair).

I think you should initially stick to 2x1ml daily as indicated. You do not have to bathe with the stuff, just make sure you hit the areas of interest with a layer of topical without blowdrying your hair, or smudging it over your pillow, or washing it off with gell etc. Be logical. I think that trying to cover your thinning with longer hair will not work if it is obvious. I would keep it short but that is a matter of aesthetics and totally personal.

you used minoxidil two times in day and If I want to reach some density, I think must increase dose( by increasing repeat time of applying (three times in a week) or increasing dose at the 2 applying ) or go on the same regimen? I am not sure?
I used minoxidil twice daily from day one. I also kept a steady regimen up to now.

to sum up
Did you increased your minoxidil dose when you see new hairs? I increased my dose(wrote my cause at above) but ? am not sure if it works. have you experienced such a situation(thinking of increase dose or wait for the results).

No I kept using the recommended dose twice daily. When seeing results is not the time to experiment. It is the time to wait.

I ask this question to you because you are using this products for a long time you may know such a situation.(If I increased minoxidil dose I must go on the same dose or can I decrease to a normal dose etc.. )

Again, 1 month in is NOT the time to make changes. Let your body and scalp adjust and find a new balance. Keep changing dosages and things might get messed up. This is the part where you wait. And wait. And give it time. I totally relate to your need to give it all you got, but I would suggest that you keep your regimen steady for now.

sorry for my bad english..

No problem at all.

Keep us posted on your progress, start a thread and document your starting image with photos. You will need them to draw definite conclusions later.

G

SE freak thanks for continuing to stay involved in the community.

I have a question for you, perhaps it I missed it via the search function, but when you apply 1ml twice daily how did you spread the 1ml over the top of your head? Did you just dab it in key areas and comb through?

Thanks

SE-freak

Reaction score
cmf0106 said:
SE freak thanks for continuing to stay involved in the community.

I have a question for you, perhaps it I missed it via the search function, but when you apply 1ml twice daily how did you spread the 1ml over the top of your head? Did you just dab it in key areas and comb through?

Thanks

I use the extended nozzle and leave 6-7 drops here and there, making sure I hit the spots of interest mostly. Then spread it with fingertips to cover the vertex and the frontal temple area. No combing afterwards, just wear my hair in a ponytail and let it be for a while.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are there any pics of your temples on day 0?, did you get any thinning around the temples/side of the fringe at all?

Joey Ramone

Reaction score
It's hard to get a hold of this guy. He's the only well documented case I've seen of someone benefitting from the Scalp Exercise.

I've been doing it for a while and didn't get much out of it. Maybe he's doing something differently. Only doing them 20 minutes after a litre of goji juice or something.

Who knows?

soulswing112

Reaction score
mykal_P said:
http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_five.htm

Thanks a lot
I have finally managed to do the basic exercise correctly... not sure if it is gonna be of any help with my hairloss but i like the fact that my scalp is flexible now ... I have the feeling it makes it healthier

SE-freak

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Sorry for long time without update and for questions that I have possibly left unanswered here and in my pm folder.

To sum it up, hair is stable, still long. Still going with the same old regimen: minoxidil 2x and 1mg finasteride daily combined with the occasional Nizoral without any decline in quality-density.

Still feeling like my own personal experiment, not taking regimen results for granted. Let's see how it goes...

Britannia

Reaction score
Well Ill be damned if it isnt SE Freak! Long time no speak, glad to hear your regeime is doing the bizz :hump:

bezerra

Established Member
Reaction score
SmileBam said:
SEFreak,what substance do u think it helped more:finasteride or min?

lol.

He'll never know, he uses both. Also, finasteride and minoxidil are different things, very different.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
SE-Freak…just awesome. I hope it lasts you forever. My question: how do you do SE without rubbing the minoxidil out of your hair? :punk:

SE-freak

Reaction score
Anarch said:
SE-Freak…just awesome. I hope it lasts you forever. My question: how do you do SE without rubbing the minoxidil out of your hair? :punk:

You do not touch yourself while doing the basic SE, you probably got something wrong :O

Britannia said:
Well Ill be damned if it isnt SE Freak! Long time no speak, glad to hear your regeime is doing the bizz :hump:

Hi Brit! Nice to see some forum dinosaurs still around! all ok?

As for what substance has helped more, of course one cannot tell when combining, just guesstimate. What I am sure of, I am a definite responder to minoxidil-I got a *huge* shed two weeks in. Finasteride could not induce a shed in such a short term.