45 months on the big 3 and counting... (45month pics update)

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So SE- FREAK ,

So your hair was brown tunred black after SE..( for 6 months)

Then you buzzed it and it was black and then you added minoxidil/finasteride..

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
irish, you obviously didnt read the post correctly about that picture. go back and read it again.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Why does it matter what his hair colour was?

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
Why does it matter what his hair colour was?

It's Irish your talking about here, if he noticed in one pic someone was wearing a blue shirt and in the other he's wearing a green shirt he'd go bonkers over it demanding to know why the change.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
[quote="Tyler_Durden":2g1pyqm0]Why does it matter what his hair colour was?

It's Irish your talking about here, if he noticed in one pic someone was wearing a blue shirt and in the other he's wearing a green shirt he'd go bonkers over it demanding to know why the change.[/quote:2g1pyqm0]

Lol

Why R you WEARING a diffarent color shirt SE?
You were WEARING a red shurt, NOW it is BLUE.

please anser, thank you

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
Lol

Why R you WEARING a diffarent color shirt SE?
You were WEARING a red shurt, NOW it is BLUE.

please anser, thank you
LOL. Could go a little like this too.
irishpride said:
"SE-FREAK...I noticed in ur FIRST pic you were standing next to a table THEN in ur updated pic YOU were takin the pIc from ur bathroom...My question is WHY didn u not just take pic in same SPOT...????????????

thANks....

Sorry for the hijack Se..Just to funny to pass up.

citizen mane

Reaction score
tell me SE-FREAK, why are you inhaling in one pic and exhaling in the other, why is your mouth closed in one pic whereas in one pic i detect a slight opening............tell me!!! .....

sorry...cudnt resist

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
oh joy.... :jackit:

i like SE-FREAK.. but you guys are turning this tread into sh*t... don't get off topic

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wow great results :)
I should have been near your kind of results if I hadent stopped the minoxidil :(
oh well, at least I have learned from my mistake!

live1

Reaction score
first congratulations on ya sucess,se i want some advice im on the big 2 cant use finasteride sides etc.ive been using min liquid twice a day for 5 months with no results ,no regrowth or thickening of existing hair,my hairloss is diffusing in a 3 a pattern ,should i quit am i a non responder.the bottle of kirkland says quit at month 4 if u get no results .i
ps i never shed before kirkland or using kirkland

SE-freak

Reaction score
live1 said:
first congratulations on ya sucess,se i want some advice im on the big 2 cant use finasteride sides etc.ive been using min liquid twice a day for 5 months with no results ,no regrowth or thickening of existing hair,my hairloss is diffusing in a 3 a pattern ,should i quit am i a non responder.the bottle of kirkland says quit at month 4 if u get no results .i
ps i never shed before kirkland or using kirkland

live1:
Norwood 3A, meaning you have frontal loss. Thinning in that area is most difficult to halt. How old are you? By "non-responder" you mean that your hair image is stable? or that your male pattern baldness is progressing? If you are stable then minoxidil could have given some regrowth as your follicles keep receiving dht damage.

I believe there are several options for you right now. First things that come to mind are:

1. use lower dose of finasteride daily and check if the side effects persist. Internal inhibitors is your best bet to slow or stop the progress.

2. Try higher concentrations of minoxidil, try uping the application dose, or number of applications. Basically all these are the same thing as what counts is the mass of active substance reaching your follicles. Remember, minoxidil is merely a stimulant, it will not prevent damage due to male pattern baldness.

3.Add topical inhibitors to the mix -spironolactone, revivogen etc.

4. Try adding extra stimulants-copper peptides etc

I answered your post considering given that you have been consistent with your minoxidil treatment, no on and offs, no blow drying after application, no styling product blocking minoxidil's way.

live1

Reaction score
se freak im 34 i have no bald spots .i never shed before kirkland minoxidil or wilst on it .my loss has been stable for 5 years ,it has not progressed,i have 0 family history of history .ive tried finasteride in tiny doses still cant use it.
so should i give it 1 more month use that will be 6 months never miss a dose usage,what are the odds that i will suddenly get thickening in the next 4 weeks .im not even after regrowth as i have all my hair but its thinning .

also the kirkland says quit at 4 months if 0 results.and all the sucess stories seem to respond at 2 3 or month 4.
SHOUL I QUIT cheers bruv

ps my hair is cut at a 1 guard so it defo gets to my scalp.also i dont use the full 1ml each application as its much too much for my minor thinning ,ive tried 1 ml and it just rolls off,my head is tiny 1 ml could cover my entire scalp and some.im only using it on my frontal 3rd area

tn-Looser

Reaction score
You're my hero man,awesome results.
I have a simple question please,i've started treatemnt with propecia since february,i've experienced a small shedding at first but since 2 months i am losing hair like crazy ( more than 100 per shower ) and i've lost a lot of density especially in the front.

So what should i do ?
Should i stop and cut the damages ? Isn't proprecia working with me ?

Thanks in advance.

SE-freak

Reaction score
live1 said:
se freak im 34 i have no bald spots .i never shed before kirkland minoxidil or wilst on it .my loss has been stable for 5 years ,it has not progressed,i have 0 family history of history .ive tried finasteride in tiny doses still cant use it.
so should i give it 1 more month use that will be 6 months never miss a dose usage,what are the odds that i will suddenly get thickening in the next 4 weeks .im not even after regrowth as i have all my hair but its thinning .

also the kirkland says quit at 4 months if 0 results.and all the sucess stories seem to respond at 2 3 or month 4.
SHOUL I QUIT cheers bruv

ps my hair is cut at a 1 guard so it defo gets to my scalp.also i dont use the full 1ml each application as its much too much for my minor thinning ,ive tried 1 ml and it just rolls off,my head is tiny 1 ml could cover my entire scalp and some.im only using it on my frontal 3rd area

I would say, start using 1ml and if you reach the 8 months mark with no gains you could consider dropping it. Remember, you could have had gains(and probably you have) while your male pattern baldness is progressing- thus giving the impression of a stable hair image. Especially since you are not using any inhibitors and dht is free to do it's nasty work...

SE-freak

Reaction score
tn-Looser said:
You're my hero man,awesome results.

If my regimen fails tomorrow and I start losing hair again, will I still be a hero? :) I am just above the baseline for now. That's it. And since gaining some hair back does not make one a hair guru or mastermind, I cannot give a definite answer to your following question nor you should look for definite answers from others.

tn-Looser said:
I have a simple question please,i've started treatemnt with propecia since february,i've experienced a small shedding at first but since 2 months i am losing hair like crazy ( more than 100 per shower ) and i've lost a lot of density especially in the front.

So what should i do ?
Should i stop and cut the damages ? Isn't proprecia working with me ?

Thanks in advance.

It is unlikely that finasteride is damaging your follicles. If it did, it would be a Telogen Effluvium triggered by a system shock due to the change in DHT levels (which would not irreversibly damage your follicles) or reflex hyperandrogenecity- your system is overproducing androgens to compensate for dht inhibition. In the latter case there could be accelerated damage to your follicles.

Or... it could be a shed due to treatment, a shed that your hair is going through in a very improved environment (since your dht levels are lower) which will be taken into account when new hair comes in.

Or... it could be your male pattern baldness progressing rapidly in a shed wave that finasteride treatment was unable to counter.

Or... you could be overreacting on a seasonal shed, or even a no-shed obsessing over a stable hair image. That can happen too. Have you documented your baseline and progress with photos?

To end my rant, if you believe finasteride treatment is failing you, you should discontinue. Hairloss treatments is an up and down ride though. Usually people that succeed take a deep breath and open their eyes 8-12 months after starting, that's the tricky nature of the hair game unfortunately.

mark467s

Reaction score
Wow wonderful result to see.Its great achievement to see.Slowly but nicely its growing well.Keep it up.

tn-Looser

Reaction score
SE-freak said:
If my regimen fails tomorrow and I start losing hair again, will I still be a hero? :) I am just above the baseline for now. That's it. And since gaining some hair back does not make one a hair guru or mastermind, I cannot give a definite answer to your following question nor you should look for definite answers from others.
Yes you would.
It's not because you hair hair has improved greatly but because you never gave up,i am evenly impressed by people with less impressive results but who keep fighting and finding new ways to counter their loss.

SE-freak said:
It is unlikely that finasteride is damaging your follicles. If it did, it would be a Telogen Effluvium triggered by a system shock due to the change in DHT levels (which would not irreversibly damage your follicles) or reflex hyperandrogenecity- your system is overproducing androgens to compensate for dht inhibition. In the latter case there could be accelerated damage to your follicles.

Or... it could be a shed due to treatment, a shed that your hair is going through in a very improved environment (since your dht levels are lower) which will be taken into account when new hair comes in.

Or... it could be your male pattern baldness progressing rapidly in a shed wave that finasteride treatment was unable to counter.

Or... you could be overreacting on a seasonal shed, or even a no-shed obsessing over a stable hair image. That can happen too. Have you documented your baseline and progress with photos?

To end my rant, if you believe finasteride treatment is failing you, you should discontinue. Hairloss treatments is an up and down ride though. Usually people that succeed take a deep breath and open their eyes 8-12 months after starting, that's the tricky nature of the hair game unfortunately.

I've noticed a slight improvement during the first months of treatement but after this shed,i think it's all gone.

Did you experience such long periods of shed ? ( almost 2 months for me )
I will post pics later,i am wating for my hair to be at the same length of the last time so the comparison will be easier.