40 steps to completely reverse M.P.B.

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score
No cuebald, the estrogen blocking compund was placed on inactive hair folicles. Not active hair follicles.
Hair was then grown from the inactive area, much like having hair grow from a completely bald temple.
Hope this clears that up.

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
You are implying that baldness is not natural. male pattern baldness happens when it happens there isnt much you can do about it.
I think he was targeting this 40 for the male pattern baldness crowd, who are genetically affected.

Even though it was on mice, that study seems to give credibility to what misterE has been saying(in regards to estrogen). Like I said he's searching for answers, and albeit some of them far fetched, and maybe not of consequence, it might bring one good solution.

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you mykal_P for having some common sense.

What frustrates me is that on any of the hair loss sites as soon as someone starts a discussion regarding Estrogen, Bryan seems to come out of the woodwork trying to discredit it.
He goes on to call the posters names such as...Stupid.
And then he brings up one old study that shows some hair growth from Estrogen.

I am only going off personal experience since when I my Estrogen tested at it's highest level ever, I noticed some pretty dramatic negative changes in my body including burning eyes, insomnia, belly fat and definitely MUCH more hair shedding. I had quite extensive testing done at the time and the Estrogen levels were the only thing way out of range.
So yes I am using myself as an experiment.
Once I was retested later on and my Estrogen level (through cardio and diet changes) was within range, these symptoms seem to lessen quite drastically.

Just because Bryan feels differently, it seems ridiculous for him to try to end any discussion regarding the topic each and every time it comes up.

I have posted a credited study even it was on mice.
I can't wait to see what spin he will put on this.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
YEA BRYAN WHAT THE f*** IS UP HOMIE?!?!?!?!

Honestly, sometimes I think that bryan actually knows the real truth...like he knows that estrogen is actually bad....but keeps saying it has no effect because he's on merck's payroll.....

You are a loser bryan

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
HairDont said:
Thank you mykal_P for having some common sense.

What frustrates me is that on any of the hair loss sites as soon as someone starts a discussion regarding Estrogen, Bryan seems to come out of the woodwork trying to discredit it.
He goes on to call the posters names such as...Stupid.
And then he brings up one old study that shows some hair growth from Estrogen.

I am only going off personal experience since when I my Estrogen tested at it's highest level ever, I noticed some pretty dramatic negative changes in my body including burning eyes, insomnia, belly fat and definitely MUCH more hair shedding. I had quite extensive testing done at the time and the Estrogen levels were the only thing way out of range.
So yes I am using myself as an experiment.
Once I was retested later on and my Estrogen level (through cardio and diet changes) was within range, these symptoms seem to lessen quite drastically.

Just because Bryan feels differently, it seems ridiculous for him to try to end any discussion regarding the topic each and every time it comes up.

I have posted a credited study even it was on mice.
I can't wait to see what spin he will put on this.

Well said and thank you very much HairDont.

Y'all know I hate estrogen, but I strongly and firmly believe that D.H.T. is still the main reason. D.H.T. is caused by estrogen and it's effects are increased by IGF-1.

IGF-1 is a sticky subject. It has been claimed that IGF-1 purpose is to increase the effects of androgens. IGFBP-3 (Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding Protein) is like the same as S.H.B.G., It inhibits the effects of IGF-1.

Now...It is known that balding men have lower S.H.B.G., higher "free" testosterone, lower IGFBP-3, and higher "free" IGF-1, higer estrogen, and higher D.H.T.

High insulin/high blood sugar levels down regulate S.H.B.G. Eating a diet full of sugar increases insulin, which decreases S.H.B.G. leaving "free" testosterone to circulate. The "free" testosterone that is circulating is used accordingly, yet some is converted into estradiol (via the feedback loop), which demands D.H.T. to compensate for the estrogen. IGFBP-3 is also down regulated by high insulin/blood sugar levels and leaves "free" IGF-1 to circulate. The "free" IGF-1 then increases the effects of the "free" testosterone, estrogen, and D.H.T. A high fat diet does the same...I beleive that the secret is to have a diet full of carbs that have a very low Glycemic Index such as leguems and vegtables, and omega 3's such as walnuts. Calorie restiction and dietary fiber also play crutical roles.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
HairDont said:
Actually Bryan I think we should ignore you.
Anytime someone brings up a discussion about excess Estrogen you come crying like a baby. (This happens on every hair related site)
Show me one study that proves excess estrogen is good for a man and good for his hair.

I've already done that several times. Weren't you paying attention, or do you simply ignore the scientific evidence like misterE does? It was just a few days ago that I posted the abstract (AGAIN) for the Kiesewetter et al study, the one showing that estrogen stimulates the growth of human scalp hair follicles. How many times do I have to post it before you anti-estrogen enthusiasts start to pay attention to it?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
HairDont said:
An interesting study showing that blocking estrogen caused new hair growth while adding estrogen blocked hair growth.

Estrogen-Blocking Compound Found to Cause Hair Growth
EMBARGOED FOR RELEASE AT 5 P.M., OCT. 28
Scientists at North Carolina State University have found that an estrogen-blocking compound used in their studies has an unexpected side effect: It induces hair growth in laboratory mice by stimulating inactive hair follicles. {snip rest of study}

LOL!! That study has been discussed literally for YEARS, going all the way back to alt.baldspot! In fact, even just on alt.baldspot alone, it had been discussed for years!! :)

The answer to it, of course, is that sex hormones have OPPOSITE effects on hair, and that includes both androgens and estrogens. Androgens stimulate body hair and suppress scalp hair. Estrogens stimulate scalp hair and suppress body hair. So the results of that study should have been quite predictable, if Dr. Smart had had some basic knowledge of hair physiology. In other words, Smart wasn't very smart! :)

BTW, you anti-estrogen enthusiasts so poorly keep up with the medical research that you apparently don't even know that Smart's estrogen-blocker has now been tested in HUMANS in a recent study, and was found to be completely ineffective. The abstract has already been posted several times on the hairloss sites, but you guys wouldn't know anything about that, would you? You just keep babbling on and on about how bad estrogen is for our hair! :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nicky said:
Bryan said:
What ON EARTH makes you think that product doesn't have systemic absorption?? :woot: :dunno:

That product is specifically intended FOR systemic absorption!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

wtF...?
I asume this is for your head,

Topical phytoestrogen cream is not absorbed systemically. I believe the reason is that it's metabolized almost completely in the skin and/or surrounding tissues.

So unless you're using an extremely potent carrier (which would likely be counterproductive unless it was somehow targeted to the follicle), there's almost no chance of systemic absorption.

LOL!! For the love of Christ, didn't you even bother to READ what they wrote in that advertisement for the product?? Here's a copy paste of the first small section right under the picture of the estrogen cream:

Estrogen Cream Supplement/Natural Estrogen Replacement

EstroCare phytoestrogen cream has been acclaimed one of the finest all natural estrogen replacement supplements available. Containing red clover, vitex/chaste tree, borage oil, dong quai, natural vitamin E and black cohosh all found to be a healthy alternative to synthetic estrogen in hormone replacement.

Natural Phytoestrogens will reduce the symptoms of menopause without the side effects associated with synthetic hormone replacement therapy.

It will REDUCE THE SYMPTOMS OF MENOPAUSE. Does THAT sound like it's not being absorbed systemically?? :smack:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
mykal_P said:
Even though it was on mice, that study seems to give credibility to what misterE has been saying(in regards to estrogen).

See what I wrote above about the Smart study at North Carolina State. It has already been thoroughly explained numerous times in the past; so much so, this is the first time in quite a while that anybody's bothered to bring it up again. If people could properly understand hair physiology, they wouldn't bother to keep rehashing this not-so-Smart study! :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
D.H.T. is caused by estrogen...The "free" testosterone that is circulating is used accordingly, yet some is converted into estradiol (via the feedback loop), which demands D.H.T. to compensate for the estrogen.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about, stupid. I've already cited the medical evidence for you, but you just ignore it. To hell with you.

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't get the point of the french thing in relevance to this discussion,but ok. I'd have to say advantage brian here. He has cited the sources for his findings and disproved the mice thing. He might b**ch but he backs up his evidence.

cuebald

Reaction score
His point is that people will believe any old rubbish when it comes to male pattern baldness, despite of there being absolutely no evidence (sometimes even evidence in the contrary) when it comes to their weird and wacky theories.

These people usually prove themselves wrong, when, after following their weird theories to the letter, they go bald anyway. They're usually not heard from after this happens.

Fam_1st

Reaction score
Bryan said:
misterE said:
5. Inhibit aromatase (beta sitosterol, flaxseeds, D.I.M.).
6. Decrease estrogen production (reducing body fat, low fat/high fiber diet, flaxseeds, reduce commercial dairy products, commercial milk is the big offender!).
7. Increase the ratio of 2-hydroxyestrogen to 16-hydroxyestrogen (D.I.M., flaxseeds).

Oh look, everybody, the anti-estrogen faddist "misterE" is at it again! :)

Too bad he's unable to justify those claims scientifically, so he just keeps repeating them over and over. At least this time he's also offering other valuable advice besides his usual diatribes against estrogen: we should wash our hair in cool water! :jackit:
This is an example of why I think there are some alterior motives on here from some, I've nearly completely reversed my baldness and for me it took 4 years, mine was pretty bad and I had a small bald spot in the back with some really obvious bad thinning in the front and a deep receding hairline but most of my hairloss was in the front, All I have now is a receding hairline and that has stayed almost exactly the same fo the past 3 years and the other areas have completely reverted to normal, I didn't use this guys program, but I respect the OP and his thoughts on it.

And I'm sorry Bryan but you're motives are very skeptical, or else you've tried things and it didn't work and you're bitter? It can be beat to a large extent and it's not from what the popular consensus on works best is--if it was we wouldn't be on here would we, also a reason why I hardly ever post here, but I use to read on here every day for a long time and now I'll just stop by every once in a while when I'm bored andit crosses mymind, which it use to be on my mind 24/7 but not no mo.

Some people make comments that it's genetics and blah blah, yes it's genetics but it can be greatly effected by everything your body encounters in life and that can speed it up and make it effect you very strongly or slow it down almost to a hault depending on your life style and how you take care of yourself and what you put in your body, there's so many factors but stress plays a role on your hormones so yes stress effects it to.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fam_1st said:
Bryan said:
misterE said:
5. Inhibit aromatase (beta sitosterol, flaxseeds, D.I.M.).
6. Decrease estrogen production (reducing body fat, low fat/high fiber diet, flaxseeds, reduce commercial dairy products, commercial milk is the big offender!).
7. Increase the ratio of 2-hydroxyestrogen to 16-hydroxyestrogen (D.I.M., flaxseeds).

Oh look, everybody, the anti-estrogen faddist "misterE" is at it again! :)

Too bad he's unable to justify those claims scientifically, so he just keeps repeating them over and over. At least this time he's also offering other valuable advice besides his usual diatribes against estrogen: we should wash our hair in cool water! :jackit:
This is an example of why I think there are some alterior motives on here from some, I've nearly completely reversed my baldness and for me it took 4 years, mine was pretty bad and I had a small bald spot in the back with some really obvious bad thinning in the front and a deep receding hairline but most of my hairloss was in the front, All I have now is a receding hairline and that has stayed almost exactly the same fo the past 3 years and the other areas have completely reverted to normal, I didn't use this guys program, but I respect the OP and his thoughts on it.

And I'm sorry Bryan but you're motives are very skeptical, or else you've tried things and it didn't work and you're bitter? It can be beat to a large extent and it's not from what the popular consensus on works best is--if it was we wouldn't be on here would we, also a reason why I hardly ever post here, but I use to read on here every day for a long time and now I'll just stop by every once in a while when I'm bored andit crosses mymind, which it use to be on my mind 24/7 but not no mo.

Some people make comments that it's genetics and blah blah, yes it's genetics but it can be greatly effected by everything your body encounters in life and that can speed it up and make it effect you very strongly or slow it down almost to a hault depending on your life style and how you take care of yourself and what you put in your body, there's so many factors but stress plays a role on your hormones so yes stress effects it to.

How did you reverse yours?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
[/quote]And I'm sorry Bryan but you're motives are very skeptical.[/quote]

Yes indeed. I think he could be a secret imposter sent from the pharmaceuticals corporations to infiltrate hair loss forums and keep people from discussing important topics such as insulin, IGF-1, S.H.B.G., and diet.

cuebald

Reaction score
How much hair have you regrown MisterE ?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
Yes indeed. I think he could be a secret imposter sent from the pharmaceuticals corporations to infiltrate hair loss forums and keep people from discussing important topics such as insulin, IGF-1, S.H.B.G., and diet.

You got kicked to the curb over your gibberish about estrogen, so now all you can do is descend from silliness to sheer LUNACY to try to provide a smoke screen to that! :)

BTW, stupid, you need to learn how to quote other people correctly: your attempt above didn't work right because of that forward slash you put before the first "quote" word. It's also a very telling indication that you didn't even bother to check your work adterwards, just to make sure that everything came out correctly. You're pathetic in SOOO many ways.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
Just for the fact that you made fun of how misterE doesn't know how to quote makes you more pathetic then anything I've ever seen in my life...

Is that your desperation trying to hang on to the ever decreasing dignity and respect you have on this hair loss site?

You are don't bryan....DONE!

cuebald

Reaction score
How much hair have you regrown Elvis123 ?