40 steps to completely reverse M.P.B.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Bryan said:
You got kicked to the curb over your gibberish about estrogen, so now all you can do is descend from silliness to sheer LUNACY to try to provide a smoke screen to that! :)

BTW, stupid, you need to learn how to quote other people correctly: your attempt above didn't work right because of that forward slash you put before the first "quote" word. It's also a very telling indication that you didn't even bother to check your work adterwards, just to make sure that everything came out correctly. You're pathetic in SOOO many ways.

barcafan

Reaction score
misterE said:
Bryan said:
You got kicked to the curb over your gibberish about estrogen, so now all you can do is descend from silliness to sheer LUNACY to try to provide a smoke screen to that! :)

BTW, stupid, you need to learn how to quote other people correctly: your attempt above didn't work right because of that forward slash you put before the first "quote" word. It's also a very telling indication that you didn't even bother to check your work adterwards, just to make sure that everything came out correctly. You're pathetic in SOOO many ways.

oh wow i have to say, mistere owned bryan there

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
Guys please stop hurling insults and let's get this discussion back on track.

I could not agree more, lets make progress, not digress.

If you do not like the 40 steps then don't follow them, plain and simple. I think there have been enough counter points on this to give most readers a feel for both sides of the discussion. Most, if reading from the start, should be able to make up their minds on which side to fall on.

MisterE is trying to better our situation, and I don't think we should slam him for trying. If you have info to the contrary on what he's saying, simply say it. No need to hurl insults after or act like school children.

Just as Thomas Edison said after inventing the light bulb. I have not failed 1,000 times, I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
I also appreciate the effort put in, but it wont completely reverse male pattern baldness, maybe slow the proccess and even maintain hair.

One question

"1. Decrease testosterone production (low fat/high fiber diet, beta sitosterol, reducing cholesterol levels)."

If it slows testosterone, would that mean slow growth rate of body hair?

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score
It's official
Bryan is the biggest Dork on the planet.

If you don't like the discussion Bryan, maybe you should do us a favor and take you arrogant behavior somewhere else.

I am still asking to see a study where excess Estrogen is good for a man's hair.
Yes you showed a study that some Estrogen had a postive effect on hair.
But I still haven't seen anything from you regarding excess Estrogen.
Your motives are being questioned and I must say I believe you have an ulterior motive based on your posting history.

But what can we assume from someone who claims to have never used propecia although acting as though they are the world's leading authority.
You have over 15,000 posts on the various hair forms.
So what is your motive? Making momma proud?

Your pompous act has grown old and tiresome.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
HairDont ,

I'm sorry but I thought I asked for the insults to stop. Maybe I was not clear but insulting each other is non productive and takes away from the thread's purpose. Please I ask again for the blatant attacking of people to stop (by everyone involved, not just you) and the real hair loss discussion to continue.

Thank you for your cooperation,

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Natwraggie said:
I also appreciate the effort put in, but it wont completely reverse male pattern baldness, maybe slow the proccess and even maintain hair.

One question

"1. Decrease testosterone production (low fat/high fiber diet, beta sitosterol, reducing cholesterol levels)."

If it slows testosterone, would that mean slow growth rate of body hair?

I don't know about body hair, but defiantly beard growth. My beard growth has dramatically slowed down. Don't get me wrong thou, testosterone is a mans friend... but when too much is produced either by a high fat diet or high protein diet or for any other reason, it leaves room for it to convert, because only so much testosterone can be bound to S.H.B.G.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
i think insults should keep coming as long as this board is filled with estrogen filled threads.this thread should be called 40 more reasons why im a dumbass

every notice homeless dudes all have great hair? you think they do any of these 40 thingies mentioned? or even druggies? stop with these dumb threads

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
threats77 said:
i think insults should keep coming as long as this board is filled with estrogen filled threads.this thread should be called 40 more reasons why im a dumbass

I personally don't mind if people ask serious questions or make serious comments about estrogen; but what I _do_ mind is if they keep repeating over and over and over and over things that have already been thoroughly shot down by the scientific evidence! :puke:

cuebald

Reaction score
So you haven't regrown any hair at all then MisterE ?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
cuebald said:
So you haven't regrown any hair at all then MisterE ?

My hair shedding has been dramatically reduced and the only hairs I shed are small short thin hairs...I suppose these hairs are telogen-phase hairs. I've noticed hair growth in both the crown and hairline. Also the sideburns and the hair above the sideburns and around the temples are getting noticeably thicker as well. Before my scalp was "hard" and "tight", but now it has "loosened up" and "relaxed".

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
I see you take magnisim... hows that suppose to help

Magnesium regulates over 300 functions in the body; the two main functions are blood sugar metabolism and calcium absorption. Now the theory goes that when a person has high insulin levels, it depletes magnesium from the body, without magnesium, calcium is not absorbed into the bones and is instead stored in the tissues. Over time the calcium builds up and can accumulated in or on the scalp preventing hair growth, just think of your shower-head or shower-facet, over time the calcium builds up and the water cannot flow out properly! This could be the connection between balding and a "tight" scalp.

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey misterE, would like to know which foods have anti-inflammatory action :)

I started using Beta-Sitosterol and Saw Palmetto 160mg is a good ?

cuebald

Reaction score
MisterE do you know if Codeine and Tramadol would be good for male pattern baldness?

docj077

Reaction score
Just had a patient admitted to the ICU last week that was taking around 10-15 herbal supplements per day. Came in with significant liver impairment along with respiratory failure. He was about one day away from buying himself a liver transplant.

The natural way of living implies gaining your required nutrients through natural foods, not "natural supplements".

Petchsky

Reaction score
docj077 said:
Just had a patient admitted to the ICU last week that was taking around 10-15 herbal supplements per day. Came in with significant liver impairment along with respiratory failure. He was about one day away from buying himself a liver transplant.

The natural way of living implies gaining your required nutrients through natural foods, not "natural supplements".

Can you remember roughly what he was taking?

docj077

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
docj077 said:

Can you remember roughly what he was taking?

The primary offender appeared to be Chinese Skullcap. This patient was taking it as an herbal supplement, but it is found in herbal teas at times.

However, just as with prescription drugs, it is important to understand the herbals that we all take and how they may impact liver or kidney function. This patient had refused to stop taking his herbals in the past. Now, after being on a ventilator and near death, the patient views herbals in a different light.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
Hey MISTER-E:

If I'm already taking Propecia 1md per day ...is it EVEN needed to take
Beta-Sitosterol 340 mg ( 2x per day) ?

I mean what does beta-Sitosterol do that Propeica does not do ?

Thanks

Beta sitosterol balances the immune system, decreases the risk for atherosclerosis, inhibits bile re-absorption, inhibits aromatase and alpha-5-reductase, and much much more...research it in depth. And like I've said nothing helped my hair until I began taking beta-sitosterol and cut dairy out of my diet! I'm sure there are others that can relate to what I've claimed...

You say you are taking propecia 1md per day... Well if you inhibit alpha-5-reductase, you will have an increase in estrogen...this is a known fact, this is why men have sexual problems when taking propecia. If you inhibit aromatase you will have an increase in not only testosterone (because estrogen inhibits testosterone production via the feedback loop) but also D.H.T. because D.H.T. is an estrogen antagonist. There is a lot of evidence that claims D.H.T. is an aromatase inhibitor and that D.H.T. is an estrogen antagonist...in other words, the stronger the estrogen and the more estrogen in your body, the stronger the effects of D.H.T. So the secret is to not only inhibit aromatase and alpha-5-reductase but to also increase S.H.B.G. (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin), which regulates the binding of sex steroid hormones to tissues. (Kaaks and Lukanova, 2001; Cordain et al 2003).

You must increase S.H.B.G. and you must realize what inhibits S.H.B.G.

It is high levels of insulin and IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor 1). (Lonning et al, 1995; Gates et al, 1996; Chen et al, 1990; Cordain et al, 2003)

What causes high levels of insulin?
Sugar!!!
Sugary foods and drinks like candy and soda.
High glycemic foods and drinks.

What causes high levels of IGF-1?
High levels of insulin inversely relate to S.H.B.G.
Dairy products such as: Milk, Cheese, Yogurt, Butter, Etc.
Animal protein and a high-protein-diet dramatically increase IGF-1. (Kaaks and Lukanova, 2001; Cordain et al 2003).
Gluten; which is a protein found in wheat, rye and barley.

Another Study (Giovannucci et al, 2004), found insulin secretion positively correlated with greater intakes of meat, dairy, refind carbs, saturated and trans fat and lower intakes of whole grain products and fiber. Since IGFBP-1 and insulin are inversely related, their findings indicate that reducing the consumption of animals; dairy, and sugar can increase IGFBP-1.

I recommend a low fat, high fiber, starched based, vegan diet.