40 steps to completely reverse M.P.B.

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
amsch said:
Decrease testosterone production while doing excercises and having sex often?

I have problem of low testosterone (also have low dht) and even then I masturbate 3 / 4 times a week

amsch

Reaction score
dpdr said:
amsch said:
Decrease testosterone production while doing excercises and having sex often?

I have problem of low testosterone (also have low dht) and even then I masturbate 3 / 4 times a week

That's not my point. I think it was strange that his nr. one point was "Decrease testosterone production" (which is stupid enough for a male) and then make other points like masturbation or working out. Hairloss related.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Below is the abstract of a study done by some outstanding hairloss researchers, attempting to explain the molecular reasons for the beneficial effects of estrogen on male pattern baldness:

Eur J Dermatol. 2001 May-Jun;11(3):195-8. "Influence of estrogens on the androgen metabolism in different subunits of human hair follicles."
Niiyama S, Happle R, Hoffmann R.
Department of Dermatology, Philipp University, Deutschhausstrasse 9, D-35033 Marburg, Germany.

The molecular pathways involved in estrogen-mediated induction of hair growth in androgenetic alopecia are unknown. Some authors found that estradiol (E) inhibited 5alpha-reductase (5alpha-R) activity and therefore we addressed the question whether 17alpha- or 17beta-E are able to modulate the activity of 5alpha-R, 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD) or 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17beta-HSD) in isolated compartments of human hair follicles. For this purpose, scalp biopsies from volunteers were taken and from each biopsy root sheaths, connective tissue sheaths and dermal papillae (DP) were dissected and incubated in the presence of 3H-testosterone (T) and, in addition, either 17alpha-E, 17beta-E, progesterone or finasteride for up to 48 hrs. Thereafter high-performance liquid chromatography analysis of culture supernatants was performed to detect T-metabolites. At the tested concentrations, finasteride was found to be a major inhibitor of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) formation. Even 1 nM finasteride inhibited DHT synthesis in DP by 86% and 1 nM progesterone by 75%. Estrogens were less able to inhibit the synthesis of DHT in DP (e.g. 100 nM 17alpha-E: 20%; 100 nM 17beta-E: 60%). Whether E directly inhibits 5alpha-R in DP's or whether the effect of estrogens might be explained by an increased conversion of T to the weaker androgens such as androstendione (via 17beta-HSD), androstenediol (via 3beta-HSD) or 17beta-E (via aromatase), thereby diminishing the amount of T available for the conversion to DHT, remains to be shown.

cuebald

Reaction score
You're all fools and Ernie Primeau was right all along.
I got a NW1 by manually plucking out all of my body hair.

This is because your body hairs steal all of the nutrients that your scalp hair needs to grow. Isn't it obvious?

You must pluck every last follicle out, or it won't work.
Oh, and it has nothing to do with Ernie's bizarre fetish for hairless men, of course.

Petchsky

Reaction score
LOL - Finally, the secret to male pattern baldness. :woot:

ali777

Reaction score
41: Reduce stress!!!!!!!!
42: Sleep 7-8 hours every night.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Im willing to bet you if you compared a man following all 40 steps you have he would have less hair after 5 years than the same man taking only the big 3 eating whatever the hell he wants and doing whatever else he wants. Let me guess natural is better right?

We are all pharmaceutical puppets. Lets all quit our jobs, go live in the woods, and get back to nature and see how long we all live right? Im willing to bet life expectancy without pharmaceutical drugs of any kind would plummet by many years.

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks MrE for the tips.
You post might have been better suited saying
"40 steps to possiby reverse M.P.B."

Even though Bryan (Mr. KnowItAll who has never even taken Proscar/Propecia) claims differently, I seriously believe high levels of Estrogen in the body wreck havoc including negative hair health.

Reducing my E levels to a reasonable state have made a big difference with controlling the hair sheds.

And yes I have been taking Propecia and Proscar for over 11 years now.
But of course I haven't made a million posts on various hair sites like Bryan has, so I am no expert.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
HairDont said:
Even though Bryan (Mr. KnowItAll who has never even taken Proscar/Propecia) claims differently, I seriously believe high levels of Estrogen in the body wreck havoc including negative hair health.

How do you explain the fact that estrogen stimulates the growth of balding scalp hair follicles?

amsch

Reaction score
Bryan said:
HairDont said:

How do you explain the fact that estrogen stimulates the growth of balding scalp hair follicles?
Is there a topical estrogene product out there without systemic absorption?

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I feel there is some benefit to Estrogen, I also feel that there is a negative benefit with having too much Estrogen in a man's body. Obviously man boobs and belly fat being a couple of them. I just don't feel that there has been enough studies dealing with excess Estrogen in males.
For my own situation when I have tested very high for Estrogen I suffer from certain problems such as burning eyes and more belly fat.
When my Estrogen levels reduce these symptoms then seem to relieve themselves from my body.
Cardio has worked wonders for keeping things in check.

Nicky

Reaction score
amsch said:
Bryan said:
HairDont said:

Estrocare phytoestrogen cream

Check out this link:

http://www.womenlivingnaturally.com/product.php?id=72

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
HairDont said:

Thanks a lot...very interesting article. I believe the body produces high levels of estrogen to balance the high levels of free testosterone. D.H.T. is then produced to balance the effects of having estrogen. This is why #1 says: lower testosterone production, that way there is a balance between testosterone and S.H.B.G. Estradiol production is part of the "feedback loop" telling the body there is too much testosterone being created from whatever reason. When testosterone levels are too high, our bodies lower it by converting to estrogen then D.H.T.

barcafan

Reaction score
misterE said:
HairDont said:

Thanks a lot...very interesting article. I believe the body produces high levels of estrogen to balance the high levels of free testosterone. D.H.T. is then produced to balance the effects of having estrogen. This is why #1 says: lower testosterone production, that way there is a balance between testosterone and S.H.B.G. Estradiol production is part of the "feedback loop" telling the body there is too much testosterone being created from whatever reason. When testosterone levels are too high, our bodies lower it by converting to estrogen then D.H.T.

You've figured it out!!!!!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
amsch said:

Not to my knowledge. An early study by Kligman tested topical estrogen, but he found that it was almost entirely absorbed systemically. Of course, he wasn't able to test every possible estrogenic compound and in every possible topical vehicle, so we can't state definitively that's it's impossible to have a topical estrogen product without systemic absorption, but the odds don't look very good.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
HairDont said:
Yes I feel there is some benefit to Estrogen...

Then why did you say that estrogen shows "negative hair health"? Which is it?? Make up your mind! :)

HairDont said:
I also feel that there is a negative benefit with having too much Estrogen in a man's body. Obviously man boobs and belly fat being a couple of them. I just don't feel that there has been enough studies dealing with excess Estrogen in males.
For my own situation when I have tested very high for Estrogen I suffer from certain problems such as burning eyes and more belly fat.

OF COURSE!! I've never EVER, not even one single time, said that estrogen is good for a man's whole body, just that it's good for scalp hair!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
I believe the body produces high levels of estrogen to balance the high levels of free testosterone. D.H.T. is then produced to balance the effects of having estrogen.

No, stupid, it doesn't work that way. As long as you keep spouting this garbage, I'll keep pointing out that you don't know what you're talking about.