4 years on finasteride and Rogaine [NEWEST pics page 14, May 12 '12]

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Re: 3 years on finasteride and Rogaine (with pics) [NEWER pics page 8]

Hair has been cut, this time for a movie role. Not gonna lie...I was a bit nervous about it because I haven't had it this short in about 2 years. I had no idea how thin it would be, and I was afraid that it would be noticable. However, I'm happy with how it turned out. The right side of the forelock is still thin, but overall I feel like I have more density than I did 2 years ago.

Here are some screencaps from the latest shoot.
(yes, it's night, so you can't see the hair really well. I'll try to get some better lit ones soon)
[click to enlarge]

qOutm.jpg

KgvFS.jpg

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score

great story
I think you cand do FUE on the right side

Rawtashk

Reaction score

I've thought about FUE...but the fact that all the males in my family end up NW5 or 6 makes me hesitate. I suppose it's not as big of a deal, 'cause I could still shave my head if/when the hairloss accelerates. I guess my biggest fear is being bald....with a hairline that still grows. Then again...perhaps I should enjoy the rest of my 20's and early 30's with a nice hairline....

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score

I hope your medications works through all your life and never turn to NW5
you're right , you're young to do FUE
I can imagine how hilarious results it would be if a handsome bald man like Jason Statham or Zidane have done hair transplant at a young age

Plasticman82

Reaction score

hey thanks for the link, I've had a bit of a read through. Whats your verdict of propecia? are you happy with it? i've been on it 3 months but still losing a lot.

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score

Jesus f*****g christ. I take finasteride at 19 and start working out all the time, 2 years later i am completely impotent and have symptoms similar to a menopausal woman. You however, have completely changed your life around for the better and look fantastic.

Well done dude. Life sure is strange sometimes.

Rawtashk

Reaction score

Thanks Joe. I understand why you are not a finasteride supporter...do you now realize why I don't really have a problem with it? :)

(not trying to be a dick, just saying that it's easier to see someone else's point of view once they know the other person's story)

ARGUN95

Reaction score

Rawtashk why did you start to use 15% of the minoxidil, 5% stopped to help?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Joe-1991 said:
I take finasteride at 19 and start working out all the time, 2 years later i am completely impotent and have symptoms similar to a menopausal woman. You however, have completely changed your life around for the better and look fantastic.

There is half your problem. Did you go to a Dr to get your proscription. No Dr in their right mind would proscribe a 19 year old with Finasteride.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Re: 3 years on finasteride and Rogaine (pics) [Even NEWER pics page 10]

I made the switch to 15% minoxidil because I want to try and regrow a bit of my hairline if possible. Not too sure if it's working yet. Gonna give it more time before I decide if I go back to just the foam.

Right now I do 15% at night, and foam in the mornings. I can't stand how hard it makes my hair, and I don't want to go all day with it in there, so I stepped back to foam during the days.

I'm back to taking creatine as well. So far with no noticeable difference to my hair....and a noticeable difference to my muscle mass :-D

Also, I was flipping through dailies from the latest film I'm in and I took 2 screencaps of where I'm bent over. Turns out it made for a really good crown shot. You can see it's a little thin, but nothing like it was before I started on finasteride back in May of 2009!

BtgOg.jpg

TE4Fm.jpg

Also...some shameless self-promotion on my part here...
Here's the fan page for the movie (it's called "LIFT")
http://www.facebook.com/pages/LIFT/168885896528084

And here's the first teaser trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPPQ5Wn9lys&hd=1

There's a hot chick in it, so go watch it!! You know you want to...... :hump: :hump: :hump:

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score

do you get naked in the film?

jd_uk

Reaction score

Rawtashk said:
I made the switch to 15% minoxidil because I want to try and regrow a bit of my hairline if possible. Not too sure if it's working yet. Gonna give it more time before I decide if I go back to just the foam.

Right now I do 15% at night, and foam in the mornings. I can't stand how hard it makes my hair, and I don't want to go all day with it in there, so I stepped back to foam during the days.

I'm back to taking creatine as well. So far with no noticeable difference to my hair....and a noticeable difference to my muscle mass :-D

Also, I was flipping through dailies from the latest film I'm in and I took 2 screencaps of where I'm bent over. Turns out it made for a really good crown shot. You can see it's a little thin, but nothing like it was before I started on finasteride back in May of 2009!

BtgOg.jpg

TE4Fm.jpg

Also...some shameless self-promotion on my part here...
Here's the fan page for the movie (it's called "LIFT")
http://www.facebook.com/pages/LIFT/168885896528084

And here's the first teaser trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPPQ5Wn9lys&hd=1

There's a hot chick in it, so go watch it!! You know you want to...... :hump: :hump: :hump:

Everyone....if you believe this guy you're an idiot.

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score

optimus prime said:
[quote="Joe-1991":307wmkmp]I take finasteride at 19 and start working out all the time, 2 years later i am completely impotent and have symptoms similar to a menopausal woman. You however, have completely changed your life around for the better and look fantastic.

There is half your problem. Did you go to a Dr to get your proscription. No Dr in their right mind would proscribe a 19 year old with Finasteride.[/quote:307wmkmp]

What? why wouldn't they? i see young guys of 18-19 getting prescribed finasteride on hair loss boards all the time.

Rawtashk

Reaction score

jd_uk said:

Care to try and back up this claim....or are you just going to make baseless accusations?

Truth be told, after reading some of your posts (namely this one where you say you're stopping treatment and leaving the boards [which you obviously didn't] viewtopic.php?t=66783 ) I have my suspicions that you are Aesop's "the fox who lost his tail"

A FOX caught in a trap escaped, but in so doing lost his tail. Thereafter, feeling his life a burden from the shame and ridicule to which he was exposed, he schemed to convince all the other Foxes that being tailless was much more attractive, thus making up for his own deprivation.

He assembled a good many Foxes and publicly advised them to cut off their tails, saying that they would not only look much better without them, but that they would get rid of the weight of the brush, which was a very great inconvenience.

One of them interrupting him said, "If you had not yourself lost your tail, my friend, you would not thus counsel us."

What do I mean by that? If finasteride had worked for you, then you wouldn't be encouraging everyone and their brother to stay away from it, you would be telling them about how nice it was to have your hair.

jd_uk

Reaction score

Rawtashk said:
jd_uk said:

Care to try and back up this claim....or are you just going to make baseless accusations?

Truth be told, after reading some of your posts (namely this one where you say you're stopping treatment and leaving the boards [which you obviously didn't] viewtopic.php?t=66783 ) I have my suspicions that you are Aesop's "the fox who lost his tail"

A FOX caught in a trap escaped, but in so doing lost his tail. Thereafter, feeling his life a burden from the shame and ridicule to which he was exposed, he schemed to convince all the other Foxes that being tailless was much more attractive, thus making up for his own deprivation.

He assembled a good many Foxes and publicly advised them to cut off their tails, saying that they would not only look much better without them, but that they would get rid of the weight of the brush, which was a very great inconvenience.

One of them interrupting him said, "If you had not yourself lost your tail, my friend, you would not thus counsel us."

What do I mean by that? If finasteride had worked for you, then you wouldn't be encouraging everyone and their brother to stay away from it, you would be telling them about how nice it was to have your hair.

That comment is my opinion and the reason I believe it to be so (amongst our general demeanour on the board with anything pro finasteride) because of your constant "I knew it wasn't some sugarpill or something, btw you can buy it here and use my discount code".

As for my posts - I come back to the forums, sure - the truth is that I struggle big time with the psychological side of hair loss - however, really it isn't that bad and I stick by everything I have said - there are people here with real mental issues with regards to hair loss and they could do with spending much else time on these boards and in the mirror. I know that from my own personal experience - but some guys here just take it way too far.

Also, I have not tried finasteride and currently have no intention to. I hope that I do not lose that mental battle because frankly blocking my natural male hormones is not something which appeals to me. There are many unanswered questions about the safety of finasteride and prominent doctors dispute its safety AND the accuracy of the stats which are published.

Jake97

Reaction score

You seem to have experience and knowledge. How exactly do you apply the foam on the hairline/above the hair line ? I find it easy to do so on the temples but the area above to the vertex...I have no clue how to maximize the efficiency.

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey man - start off by saying your hair looks great, so well done there! I'd imagine your family are rather jealous lol. I've noticed you've done p90x so thought I'd ask a few questions, as I'm thinking of doing the same.

Did you buy the whole package, including DVDs and whatever equipment is needed? The price is a bit off putting at the moment, is it worth buying everything?

Did you do the Classic, Lean, or whatever the other one is? I was thinking of doing Lean, and your results are fairly close to the look I'm after. I'm not looking to bulk up really.

Were you working while you did the 90 days? Atm I can't imagine doing a hard workout after 7-8 hours at work (where I'm on my feet all day doing a fair amount of lifting). Were you able to fit it in around a work schedule?

Finally, what did you do after the 90 days were up? My concern is that if I did get through it and get good results, I'd put weight back on after, as I couldn't keep up the intensity of the p90x workout.

Cheers!

Rawtashk

Reaction score

How do I apply Rogaine above the hairline?
It's easiest if you get the liquid Rogaine and not the foam. You can use the dropper and get it on your scalp instead of your hair absorbing most of the foam when you try to put it on your crown.

As for the question on movies...
I've done some student projects, and some smaller stuff locally (Kansas City area). Nothing I've done has been anything close to a big-budget film, but I'm trying to work my way up to that range. I had a very very small role in this movie here, and helped on crew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VqpLt2phXI&hd=1

p90x questions....
I did the classic p90x....and I torrented the DVDs instead of paying for them. I didn't pay money because I'd tried other things in the past, and was tired of wasting my money on them. However, I would suggest going ahead and paying for them, because it really is an amazing program.

After the 90 days I did another 90 days...and so on and so forth. I had to find something new to strive for to keep myself motivated, other wise I would have gotten lazy and stopped working out.

Button_presser

Reaction score

Hi,

You say you use nioxin shampoo, what number system do you use?

Rawtashk

Reaction score

Button_presser said:
Hi,

You say you use nioxin shampoo, what number system do you use?

Sorry, forgot that you PMd me :-/

I use system 2. I use the shampoo and the conditioner, but I don't use that foam stuff that comes in a little pump bottle. I did research on the ingredients, but I can't see anything in there that actually helps hairloss.