4 years on finasteride and Rogaine [NEWEST pics page 14, May 12 '12]

Button_presser

Reaction score
Re: 3 years on finasteride and Rogaine (pics) [Even NEWER pics page 10]

Cheers mate, did it make your hair feel
N look thicker? Its just ive read a lot of good reviews about it......

Rawtashk

Reaction score

2 questions that I get a lot when it comes to hairloss: "Does finasteride work on the hairline" & "How soon do I see results?"

The answer to this question varies for each person. Here's how it worked for me.

Yes, it worked on the hairline for me. One of the things my mother-in-law gave my wife and I for Christmas was a photobook of our wedding (July 2009). I flipped through it and noticed a picture of me with my groomsmen. First thing that came to my mind was "...how did I not realize how much I was thinning at the front!?"

7I3Vm.jpg

The picture of me on the right was taken just a few days ago. Granted, there is no harsh flash like the wedding picture, but there is a light bar with 4 bulbs about 2 feet in front/above me. No, not "OMG! SO AMAZING!" on the regrowth stage, but any regrowth is good once your hair starts falling out.

As for the "how soon do I see results?" question...I started taking finasteride in May of 2008. So, the pic on the left I had been on it for 14months. Just because you don't see a drastic difference within the first few (or even 12) months DOES NOT mean that you're not responding, or that it's not working for you. Remember, this stuff takes time, and you see yourself every day. It's hard to judge something that happens so gradually over time.

skyghost

Reaction score

hey man,

how many ml's of minoxidil do you apply? do you need more than 1ml to cover your thinning?

thanks!

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey man I'm confused on your latest update, you say your on finasteride now 3 years, but on your first post you say you you switched to dutasteride,can you explain?

Also did you go through any sheds while being on finasteride.

Thanks man

Rawtashk

Reaction score

I mentioned it somewhere in this topic (back several pages probably) that the dutasteride shed scared me shitless. I stopped it and went to finasteride at 1.25mg. Thankfully most, if not all, of the dutasteride shed hair came back. Now, it very well could have come back had I stayed on dutasteride, but I was too scared to keep trying it.

Rawtashk

Reaction score

I mentioned it somewhere in this topic (back several pages probably) that the dutasteride shed scared me shitless. I stopped it and went to finasteride at 1.25mg. Thankfully most, if not all, of the dutasteride shed hair came back. Now, it very well could have come back had I stayed on dutasteride, but I was too scared to keep trying it.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Go through any shedding ups and down while on finasteride?

Rawtashk

Reaction score

Yup. It freaks me out every time it happens. I would say it happens once or twice a year. I feel like it always comes back just fine...but I'm sure that I'm slowly losing ground. However, I can't complain....seeing as how my younger brother has less hair than me because he waited to start finasteride :)

T

TravisB

Rawtashk said:
However, I can't complain....seeing as how my younger brother has less hair than me because he waited to start finasteride :)

Now that's mean

Rawtashk

Reaction score

"It's not mean if it's true"

It was just me pointing out the genetics that I'm up against. Hence, why I can't really complain at this point.

Rawtashk

Reaction score

Kind of a hair update, kind of acting stuff. My friend and I did a test video of "quickies". Kind of like 5 second films or Robot Chicken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZUyb7MPtKI&hd=1

I'm fairly happy with the hair, although I'm still a bit self conscious about the hairline.

Whatever. Just take a look if you want. Feedback is always welcome :)

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hairs looking great dude, I actually think your hair is looking stronger at the front than ever and the difference in your crown from when you started is night from day. Keep on rockin :punk:

pazguato

Reaction score

I liked the video and your hair looks very good! :)

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

My aul fella is 48 and an Norwood 5, I've always being an Norwood 2, but really thick all around, even at the hairline but now I've noticed thinning on the left temple and it's getting worse, worse to the point were I'm afraid to get my haircut, lol.

I'm just after starting 0.5mg of finasteride because I couldn't take 1mg EOD because my face would break out in red patchy, dryness, itchy, maybe it was because my body couldn't adjust to take a hormone inhibitor EOD which caused the oil in my face to go out of wack .......

Anyway, my whole point of going like that was because I hope finasteride 0.5 mg works for me like it did for you.

Your hair looks great.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey man, got a question for ya, you still use foam minoxidil , correct? Where all do you apply it on your head, use any other minoxidil product or just foam right now?

Thanks bud

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I actually lol'ed a few times from that video, its funny sh*t! Hopefully you guys make some more.

Dude looking at you, I wouldn't say you are even in early stages of losing your hair. At most I would look at you and say mature hairline. You're still staying in great shape too, so finasteride clearly isnt effecting your workouts. This is great inspiration for some people down in the dumps about finasteride. If you get on the stuff and commit to it, chances are you will have results.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score

double post

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score

holy crap triple post.

Rawtashk

Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
Hey man, got a question for ya, you still use foam minoxidil , correct? Where all do you apply it on your head, use any other minoxidil product or just foam right now?

Thanks bud

I still use foam minoxidil. I took a break from it for a while because I was concerned that it was giving me bags under my eyes....I started a shed and my crown density took a hit. Bleh. Then I stopped and looked at all my siblings. We have it in our genetics to have loose skin under our eyes. Hell, my 13 year old sister even has small bags under her eyes! So, I'm back on it and hoping that I can fill back in.

I used 15% minoxidil for a while, but it was a PAIN to apply, made it feel like I had concrete in my hair, and I was concerned that it was giving me dark circles. I might go back and try it 1x a day just on the crown...but we'll see.

Some updated pictures...

This is me in Vegas in May '11. I had just stopped dutasteride about a month prior because my hairline was taking a HUGE hit and it freaked me out. You can see how thin it had gotten on my right temple (your left)
z40WF.jpg

I was on a film shoot this Sunday. I've grown the hair out a bit, but I think it the hairline has gained back some of the lost ground...and the longer hair hides it a bit too :) You can easily see how much stronger my hair is on my left temple. DAMN YOU RIGHT SIDE OF HAIRLINE!!!
XnjjOh.jpg

Another picture from the same set, this is a profile shot. You can see that there's not as much density in the crown as other areas, but I am fairly certain that only my fellow hairloss fighters will really notice :)
urfrBh.jpg

And finally, here is me, discussing how my character is suppose to approach the shot. More exposed crown. God....how I WISH the overall density is the same as it is in my donor area!! I have trouble getting a comb through my donor area when my hair is this long :)
nIQ8Eh.jpg

(here's the whole album, in case you don't want to click through the pics http://imgur.com/a/vcTuc )

BONUS!!
I was bored on Saturday...so I made a video. Take 1:14 out of your day and watch it :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENu9f6MYkxA&hd=1

DOUBLE BONUS!!!!
One of the films I was in is screening next wednesday, and here's the full trailer for it.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3024242843764

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Nearly 4 years on finasteride and Rogaine [Even NEWER pics page 13]

Dude you have a lions mane now! :woot:

Seriously, Im a career norwood spotter and I aint got sh*t on that hairline or crown, its looking great up there!