4 years on finasteride and Rogaine [NEWEST pics page 14, May 12 '12]

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 3 years on finasteride and Rogaine (with pics) [new pics on page 5]

Hi,
I tried reading all of your thread, but found it a bit confusing.

Specifically I'm interested in your regimen regarding finasteride. Is it fair to say that you got most your initial results on .5mg finasteride (that's what I take too)?
At some point you write you are switching to dutasteride and then later on (after the already impressive results) you said you upped the dose to 1.25mg finasteride.

Could you say something about the timeframes you took these doses for? Seems like you have been quite consistent and only recently changed things? What would you recommend?

Thanks

Rawtashk

Reaction score

finasteride @ .5mg for 3 years
dutasteride @ .5mg for 3 weeks (shed like CRAZY, so I stopped)
finasteride @ 1.25mg for 4 months now.

Personally I would recommend finasteride @ .5mg to start with. Gives you body a lower dosage to get acclimated to, and it still blocks a decent amount of DHT. It'll lose effectiveness over time, but then you can bump to 1mg, or even 1.25mg.

Worked well for me, although I make no absolute claims that it'll work the same way for you.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score

Thank you for the info.

Sure I understand that it may not work as well for me. We'll see. Just wanted a confirmation. I think it's good to see people having good results on lower doses as well. It definitely does decrease side effects. And that is very encouraging to see that hair can still grow back at .5mg. You know you tend to have your ups and downs while waiting for new hair :)

gsk

Reaction score

Your story gives me hope.....I think my hair is at the same position where you have started.

I starting using 0.5mg finasteride (daily) and nizoral (3x a week). I might add minoxidil after 6 months.

Hope they help me keep what I have.

btw Im 25

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score

gsk said:
Your story gives me hope.....I think my hair is at the same position where you have started.

I starting using 0.5mg finasteride (daily) and nizoral (3x a week). I might add minoxidil after 6 months.

Hope they help me keep what I have.

btw Im 25

I'm in the same boat, only older. Start a new thread, show your progress. Maybe it will motivate others (and yourself) too!

Good luck

Rawtashk

Reaction score

Hairline pics.

The first pic is from May 24th. I cut my hair shorter soon after that and let it grow back out. I also started using minoxidil 2x a day (15% at night, 5% in the mornings) in April, so it would be about this time that new hair should start sprouting (if at all.)

The second picture is from today, August 25th. God...it's so hard to align your head the exact same way, and I didn't get it just right. My head is tilted a bit down and to the right (your left), but hopefully you can at least see what I see

UIJBql.jpg

xbQlpl.jpg

The right side of my forlock (your left) is still thinner than the left, but I think it's starting to get some re-growth. You can also see a decent amount of shorter new hairs around my right temple area.

The camera didn't focus as well on the second picture, but you can see a lot of loose hairs that were too short for me to grab, IE: New hairs.

BONUS! A screencap from the latest film I was in
317712_2096866659939_1193520550_32127320_3298660_n.jpg

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 3 years on finasteride and Rogaine (with pics) [NEWER pics page 8]

lol I can only imagine the fear most of us would feel at having a photo of us taken with wet hair, you look great dude :)

JWM

Reaction score

Awesome!

What type of 15% minoxidil are you using, and what movie is it?

ARGUN95

Reaction score

Tell me how you think it loses its power minoxidil over time, making use of its large concentration?

gsk

Reaction score

rockydsouza said:
hey GSK, I am also using 1mg finasteride propecia. I am purchasing it online at around 1.5 USD per pill, what about you?

I buy it at local wholesale pharmacy.....here in India its dirt cheap. (Finax by Dr. Reddy's) less than 1 USD per a strip of 10 tablets.

Nizral 2% (by Johnson & Johnson India) costs about 3$ for 50 ml bottle

Rawtashk

Reaction score

Not really a hair update, more of a body update. I've seen questions in the past like "finasteride will make you fat" and "you'll lose muscle on finasteride"

Really?

CRLVC.jpg

(click to make bigger)

alex_nsk

Reaction score

Rawtashk
Good job! What did u do to make your body look like on the 2-d pic? and it took only 4 months!! What was your regimen? ))

Rawtashk

Reaction score

p90x, my friend, and it actually just took 90 days :)

It's seriously been a godsend!

triplethreat

Reaction score

lol ur my hero...u have hair and abs and your in movies... :whistle:

Rawtashk

Reaction score

Oops! Forgot to post the link to the video. Here's the story behind the short film....

It's for the National 48hr Film Challenge. You have 48 hours to write, act, film, edit, score, and submit a movie that is at least 4 minutes long, but no longer than 7. There are different checks to make sure that you can't get a head start.

All the teams have to come to the kick-off meeting and draw a genre out of a hat. We drew "Horror"

EVERY movie has to have a specific character. This year it was Sam or
Samantha Tangent (doesn't have to be a main character, but they have to be referenced in the film).

The character has to have a specific occupation. This year it was "Animal Psychologist". Again, it doesn't have to be a main part of the story, but it has to be mentioned

EVERY movie has to have a specific Propecia. This year it was "An Alarm Clock".

EVERY movie has to have a specific line of dialogue. This year it was "Is that clear? Any questions?"

These checks are in place and they aren't released until the contest starts. This prevents people from making a movie ahead of time and submitting it as a 48hr film.

A few thing:
No, we are not "professional" actors. If you expect to see Oscar winning lines, then don't even bother to watch.
Remember, we had 48hrs to make a movie. We did 4 takes, MAX, on any scene.
We shot for 15hrs straight to get this footage, so there are some continuity errors
Again, it was done in 48hrs. Many of the things that you'll find wrong with it wouldn't have been there if it was a 72hr film challenge, or we had the time to fix them.

Ok, hope you find it at least tolerable....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmjqV39FTbo

alex_nsk

Reaction score

what is p90x? sorry, iam from russia, siberia ))

MadMartigan

Reaction score

Rawtashk said:
Not really a hair update, more of a body update. I've seen questions in the past like "finasteride will make you fat" and "you'll lose muscle on finasteride"

Really?

Good job on your hair and your body. I think you have found something that works for you and in your profession! :)

It was an inspiring story and I could feel you when your boss commented on your tan in your bald spot.

I'm now on finasterid (since 15 days) too and I'm a bit older than you.

Even if you have got a ripped physique I'm not convinced that finasterid will not make it harder to build muscles and maintain a low BF, since DHT is associated with these abilities. I'm not taking away your results, not at all! In my opinion it is even more impressing to do this when inhibiting DHT.

I'm 30+ and feel that is harder to exercise at the gym. (Working out in the gym for over 5 years).
I do believe that I always had high DHT-levels that helped me in the gym and with my sex drive, but we all know the drawback...

alex_nsk

Reaction score

Rawtashk
I will give p90x a try ) Do u still keep to the program? or maybe u found another one?