4 years on finasteride and Rogaine [NEWEST pics page 14, May 12 '12]

jd_uk

Reaction score
Re: 3 years on finasteride and Rogaine (with pics)

Someone commented on here that you just get 'watery jizz' as though it's no big deal. That to me would be pretty worrying.

OP did you get more watery semen?

Why does this happen? I would hate for propecia to affect my sperm count or fertility in any way.

Rawtashk

Reaction score

I did get watery semen...kinda. I got it at first, and it really worried me, but I wasn't really sexually active at the time, so I ended up just ignoring it and pushing through. I'm not exactly sure what the "watery-ness" means, but I don't believe that it would affect fertility. If it does, then just get off it for a month while you try to have a kid.

Something else that I've discovered about the watery jizz is that the faster I finish, the thinner it is. Example: (stop reading now if you don't want to hear me talk about jacking it....)
If I just want to rub one out really quick, then it's pretty clear. However, I notice that when I have sex the semen in the condom is alway white and thicker. I tested out my theory the other day by taking about 20 min to jack off. It wasn't watery at all. So, shorter time between arousal and climax=thinner ejaculate. Don't know if that's always the way it's been, but that's the way it is for me.

jd_uk

Reaction score

hmm...i'd just be interested to know why it happens. Any changes like that would worry me.

I read a post last night by a woman who said her partner had been on propecia and since then has been diagnosed with a condition which means that there is no sperm whatsoever in his semen.

For me, this is just a constant balancing act between my mental and physical health...physically i know propecia isn't what my body wants or needs (and it could well be a bad thing in the long run) but mentally I would feel so much better without any worries about hairloss.

jd_uk

Reaction score

Rawtashk, you say you used to get the watery semen, is that still also the case.

If any other propecia users are reading this, did you also get the same?

cheers

d1ndOn

Reaction score

do u guys order ur propecia online? or do u get it described from a Doctor? btw im in canada

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score

jd_uk said:
Rawtashk, you say you used to get the watery semen, is that still also the case.

If any other propecia users are reading this, did you also get the same?

cheers
that side effect freaked me out when reading about it by others on here.

on finasteride for 3 weeks now, no change in consistency or volume and still able to shoot like a projectile.

fml

Established Member
Reaction score

I have not experienced any ejaculate issues or libdo drop or ED. Five and a half months on finasteride.

Rawtashk there is certainly something to what you are talking about in terms of how quickly you finish. Finishing quickly significantly reduces volume for me. Talking much longer than usual = peter north.

Also, going again not long after means both reduced volume and it being more watery for me.

All of this is knowledge gained years before I was on finasteride and I am certain it is pretty standard.

pawelg

Reaction score

the only forum where you can talk about watery jizz like its talking about the weather :laugh:

anyway rawtashk, youre following my blog. i didnt know you were in success stories. congratulations dude! :pint:

Rawtashk

Reaction score

I don't have any further progress pics to share (yet. I've been using minoxidil AA 15/5 for a couple months. I'll post those pics in a month or so), but I figured that I'd post some more pics of what I'm up against as far as genetics are concerned.

Here's my 40 year old half-brother. His hair has been this way since I can remember (probably since he was 27, which is how old I am now)
[click pic for bigger version]
halfbro.jpg

Here's a picture of me and my younger brother @ a pre-production meeting for a movie that we were in. He's 23, notice the lack of fullness at the crown, as well as the thinness at the front. It's not something that screams "YOU'RE BALDING!!" to most of the world, but those of us that are balding can see the warning signs
[again, click pic for larger version]
brome.jpg

There are also people that are afraid of finasteride because they say it makes it hard to lose weight and gives you more body fat. Well, this is what I did last year

May 21, 2010
194.7lbs
40299_1424760977717_1193520550_31215789_531852_n.jpg

3 months later
August 21, 2010
160lbs
44815_1424762817763_1193520550_31215795_6744944_n.jpg

46121_1424764497805_1193520550_31215797_6525256_n.jpg

44504_1424945822338_1193520550_31216295_5413747_n.jpg

I'm no peapoddy (look at his story in the Success Stories if you don't know who I'm talking about), but I think I got decent results...."despite" being on finasteride.

cristi2011

Established Member
Reaction score

Coincidence or not, i have also lost weight, not gained, while being on finasteride.

CWC1998

Reaction score

Nice story ... so you get finasteride from 4rx.com? I'm really wanting to find a cheap alternative to my $240 ProPak every 3 months, but to afraid to take the risk I guess.

I'll be posting my story soon on here ... I've had good results with Propecia 1mg daily and Rogain Foam 1 to 2x daily.

Rawtashk

Reaction score

:agree:
What he said. If you can get it from a local pharm, then go that route. My Doctor refuses to give me a script for proscar, so I have to get it online. Ugh.

valeous

Reaction score

I'm interested in how you went from being that^ to being so totally ripped in three months?

I'm 138lbs and my bmi says I should be around 125lbs.

Got any tips? I'm not fat by any means, just not toned/ripped.

Rawtashk

Reaction score

1 word: p90x

Now, if you can afford a personal trainer and a gym membership and have the motivation to go to the gym each day, then go for that instead! However, I would rather save money and workout in my home. Cost $100 for the DVD set and workout guide, and then I got all my equipment for under $100. It's like having a personal trainer in your living room.

HOWEVER...don't expect to look like peapoddy or some super buff bodybuilder. You get more tone than anything. Still, it got me in the best shape of my life, and I'd recommend it to anyone that's wanting to get in shape.

JWM

Reaction score

What brand of minoxidil are you using now?

valeous

Reaction score

How much do you pay for that minoxidil?

I use Target's generic minoxidil.

Rawtashk

Reaction score

Ok, more pics. This time it's hairline pics.

Like I said, my hairline has not regrown. But, just look at the pictures of my dad and brothers. That aggressive hairloss (I'm sure) is the reason why. I'm still happy with the amount of hair that I have as compared to them when they were my age. Honestly, I'm not sure how much it has gone back in the last 3 years 'cause I never took any baseline photos. To be honest, I just really noticed the super thinness on the front right very recently...and it's been bothering me a LOT. It sounds stupid, but it's constantly on my mind, and it stresses me out if I think about it too much.

Anyways, here are some pics of the hairline
(click them to make 'em bigger if you want)

Right Temple
righttemple.jpg

Left Temple
lefttemple.jpg

Front Close
frontclose.jpg

Front Wide
frontwide.jpg

Look at the right side my my hairline in that last pic (your left is my right, mirror imaged). Pretty thin as compared to the left side. You can see a line where the thickness ends, it's that much of a fast drop off. Bleh.

However, I can hide it fairly well when it's longer.
idaG7.jpg

rmIzw.jpg

eZ8EK.jpg

I've been using rogaine foam for 4 years on the hairline, and just recently switched to MOPC labs 15/5 minoxidil/AA. I don't know that I've seen any regrowth, but minoxidil doesn't always work on the hairline...and my genetics say that I should be bald by now anyways. I've been using the 15/5 since May 5th, and I'm going to keep with it until August (3 months) and then make the decision there.

I also was going to make the switch to dutasteride to see if I could get some more hairline regrowth, but then chickened out as soon as it arrived. Perhaps I'll give that a go if the 15/5 doesn't do anything for me.

JWM

Reaction score
Re: 3 years on finasteride and Rogaine (with pics) [new pics on page 5]

Hey man, your hair looks fantastic, and you're a hell of a handsome guy. I say you're on the right track. Don't tinker with things too much; add them one at a time so you don't get any crazy sheds.