2020, Hairloss Cures Or Just New Treatments?

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tissue is a mini hairfollicle not meant for transplantation it’s meant to be used for a so called OOC hair device (organ on a chip). Which is the topic of Lindners talk in Barcelona - personalized hair on a chip- for personalized compound testing. This is a brilliant idea.

INVITROHAIR patent filed a hairfollicle which is “intriguingly” celebrated by established (“hairloss”) scientists, this is why it’s created as a spin-off out of a CRO. - source will be kept secret-

Tuji is brilliant but - somehow - very eccentric- it is very unlikely that it will be approved in Europe or the USA. I’m as well not positive about the timelines for their preclinical work..... (Look what happened with the Japanese Retina STEMCELLS experiments.....than you understand the Japanese style of working with human individual experiments.
In the retinal gig, induced pluripotent stem cells were used.
OGT entails autologous stem cells.
Two different things.
The former is VERY, VERY expensive (~1,000,000$ per patient!!!), the latter rather moderately expensive.

HVI

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the retinal gig, induced pluripotent stem cells were used.
OGT entails autologous stem cells.
Two different things.
The former is VERY, VERY expensive (~1,000,000$ per patient!!!), the latter rather moderately expensive.
Correct, in regards to IPSC. I didn’t meant to refere to OGT’s methodical approach. I meant the low Japanese regulatory hurdles. IMO there will be various approaches to treat ALOPECIA, I think all this companies shall be encouraged. OCT’s approach will be not a bargain if you calculate the media consumption- it’s impossible.

Cymro27

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tissue is a mini hairfollicle not meant for transplantation it’s meant to be used for a so called OOC hair device (organ on a chip). Which is the topic of Lindners talk in Barcelona - personalized hair on a chip- for personalized compound testing. This is a brilliant idea.

INVITROHAIR patent filed a hairfollicle which is “intriguingly” celebrated by established (“hairloss”) scientists, this is why it’s created as a spin-off out of a CRO. - source will be kept secret-

Tuji is brilliant but - somehow - very eccentric- it is very unlikely that it will be approved in Europe or the USA. I’m as well not positive about the timelines for their preclinical work..... (Look what happened with the Japanese Retina STEMCELLS experiments.....than you understand the Japanese style of working with human individual experiments.

I read it as though they are looking to go down the tsuji type route also in their site:
https://www.tissuse.com/en/products/regenerative-therapies/

I did see they tried to blame the retina incident on how the cells were applied rather than the cells themselves hopefully a bit of a freak incident. They are still continuing with the trial I see? Or has there been more incidents?

It's bizarre that the research organisation would be kept secret, most of them love the publicity.

How far away do you think we are from personalised treatments? Invitrohair's preferred route also it seems.

HVI

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read it as though they are looking to go down the tsuji type route also in their site:
https://www.tissuse.com/en/products/regenerative-therapies/

I did see they tried to blame the retina incident on how the cells were applied rather than the cells themselves hopefully a bit of a freak incident. They are still continuing with the trial I see? Or has there been more incidents?

It's bizarre that the research organisation would be kept secret, most of them love the publicity.

How far away do you think we are from personalised treatments? Invitrohair's preferred route also it seems.

The problem is not based on autologous or alogenous cells, the problem is the uncontrolled, continuing differentiation once the STEMCELLS are applied. Only 100% precise reprogramming of the IPSC is feasible.

We face in our day to day operations (in pharmaceutical hairloss R&D) that it can harm the whole project if you communicate too early a breakthrough. Despite the - understandable-anxiety of patients we must keep a distance and push the brake in order to work precise and to not risk infringement.

Personalized hairloss treatments are the future and it happens right now. INVITROHAIR is perfectly right. Unfortunately every personalization is super complex in nature.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OGT’s approach will be not a bargain if you calculate the media consumption- it’s impossible.
Huh?
What do you mean?

OGT is the most promising approach, imo.
I doubt it'll be ready by 2020, but I hope it'll be affordable by 2030.

HVI

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Huh?
What do you mean?

OGT is the most promising approach, imo.
I doubt it'll be ready by 2020, but I hope it'll be affordable by 2030.

Excuses I’ve meant OGT ... they’re probably the most hyped ones but definitely not the only promising ones.

There will be NOTHING available like “THE CURE” or a so called BLOCKBUSTER compound.

Don’t take this as an offense, I try to explain it in simplifyed words.

Alopecia (in what ever form) will be always a individually treatable disease.

A certain therapy will work in certain patients, while it will not work in others- means not the therapy or technology is ineffective it just doesn’t work in your PHENOTYPE.

You’ll have OGT, Replicel, INVITROHAIR, and a lot of others who are working secretly on tissues and celltherapies, tons of repositioned or repurposed drugs, the “usual” applications like Minoxidil or even FUE, they’ll help a certain percentage whilst tending to be inefficient in others.

The key is the precise diagnosis (with what ever technology) and the personalized testing (for example with OOC, or cell based assays or even computational assays).

Being proactive as an Alopecia patient is the best you can do. Get a precise analysis with the involvement of a Dermatologist and than go further step by step.

Excuses for the long text but it’s a complicated topic.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Excuses I’ve meant OGT ... they’re probably the most hyped ones but definitely not the only promising ones.

There will be NOTHING available like “THE CURE” or a so called BLOCKBUSTER compound.

Don’t take this as an offense, I try to explain it in simplifyed words.

Alopecia (in what ever form) will be always a individually treatable disease.

A certain therapy will work in certain patients, while it will not work in others- means not the therapy or technology is ineffective it just doesn’t work in your PHENOTYPE.

You’ll have OGT, Replicel, INVITROHAIR, and a lot of others who are working secretly on tissues and celltherapies, tons of repositioned or repurposed drugs, the “usual” applications like Minoxidil or even FUE, they’ll help a certain percentage whilst tending to be inefficient in others.

The key is the precise diagnosis (with what ever technology) and the personalized testing (for example with OOC, or cell based assays or even computational assays).

Being proactive as an Alopecia patient is the best you can do. Get a precise analysis with the involvement of a Dermatologist and than go further step by step.

Excuses for the long text but it’s a complicated topic.
What???
LOL

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
A certain therapy will work in certain patients, while it will not work in others- means not the therapy or technology is ineffective it just doesn’t work in your PHENOTYPE...

As in minoxidil working tremendously in some and zero in others? No doubt. But you do not negate the possible success of Tsuji using transplanted lab grown follicles, do you? Not a "cure", I know.

HVI

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As in minoxidil working tremendously in some and zero in others? No doubt. But you do not negate the possible success of Tsuji using transplanted lab grown follicles, do you? Not a "cure", I know.

Under no circumstances I would say Tuji’s application is not sophisticated. It is very likely it will work in a certain percentage of cases.
But they’re other fascinating applications as well.....

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Under no circumstances I would say Tuji’s application is not sophisticated. It is very likely it will work in a certain percentage of cases.
But they’re other fascinating applications as well.....
In what cases will it not work?
What other "applications"?
I'm all ears...

HVI

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@HVI

Whats your opinion about Follica?

Lots of us are applying their core idea: skin disruption techniques combined with minoxidil and having a good rate of success.

Also, given you mentioned youre working in the field of R&D for Androgenetic Alopecia compounds, i would like to know what you think about this recent paper:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-07142-9

The paper is quite actual and I must read it and think before I can write something valuable. My core believe is Alopecia needs to be treated individually. My professional opinion about FOLLICA is: no comment. With this I don’t mean it’s rubbish. It’s not good to say smth without Data or SOP or a patent scrip. Sorry.