1mg finasteride journey

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are all my hairs that shed supposed to be same caliber and thickness? Something looks off here.

Attachments

• 57A32280-E0EF-4F94-B363-C818454C40D6.jpeg
    57A32280-E0EF-4F94-B363-C818454C40D6.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 75
  • F843C3CA-545F-40C4-BEB7-7C5D66E6A2A9.jpeg
    F843C3CA-545F-40C4-BEB7-7C5D66E6A2A9.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 72

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are all my hairs that shed supposed to be same caliber and thickness? Something looks off here.
If it’s only like ten to twenty percent of your shed hairs, you should be fine if a few of them are smaller/thinner

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If it’s only like ten to twenty percent of your shed hairs, you should be fine if a few of them are smaller/thinner
I rarely see much hair shed. But lately when I do most of them are thick but a few are short and a few thin. This is normal then? Hard to determine 20% lol

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Right now I shed maybe 15-20 hairs in the shower. Sometimes 10. Out of those, maybe 5 are small and thin
And do you shampoo daily? I shampoo daily and i usually notice 2-5 hairs every time, a few tend to be skinnier sometimes

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
And do you shampoo daily? I shampoo daily and i usually notice 2-5 hairs every time, a few tend to be skinnier sometimes
I don’t shampoo daily. So that would explain why my shedding might be a bit more than you. If you have that little of an amount it’s fine. Just keep taking pictures every three months. And we can tell you if it gets worse

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t shampoo daily. So that would explain why my shedding might be a bit more than you. If you have that little of an amount it’s fine. Just keep taking pictures every three months. And we can tell you if it gets worse
you don't shower daily and only lose that amount? please tell me you brush your hair the other days

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I’m gonna go back once my insurance clears. How does my hairline look here compared to back in december? First pic is today, second is December 2020.
Looks better then December somehow. Interesting, maybe finasteride worked.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks better then December somehow. Interesting, maybe finasteride worked.
Well I’ve been off finasteride for a month and it’s been getting better since I got off it. I’m so confused. Was only on finasteride for 3 months 3x a week

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
you don't shower daily and only lose that amount? please tell me you brush your hair the other days
I mean I still shower lol just avoid washing my hair daily. I don’t shed that much in general, which is annoying because I don’t know why I’m thinning

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean I still shower lol just avoid washing my hair daily. I don’t shed that much in general, which is annoying because I don’t know why I’m thinning
I wash everyday at night, post workout, and usually get 30 hairs. This number includes what I get washing, drying and combing

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some pics of my hair wet

The dry one was taken today. I feel that my hair has lost density compared to previous years

Attachments

• 20210423_183214.jpg
    20210423_183214.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210426_181228.jpg
    20210426_181228.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210426_181201.jpg
    20210426_181201.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210427_135344.jpg
    20210427_135344.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant washing your hair sorry

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks good. Flash also over emphasizes it. Are you sure you’re not going through a Telogen Effluvium? Do a hair pull test.
Derm said this last year, but my shedding lasted until two or three weeks ago. I was shedding 70 hairs now I have returned to 30 every shower. This probably happened because I put my inflammation under control.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Derm said this last year, but my shedding lasted until two or three weeks ago. I was shedding 70 hairs now I have returned to 30 every shower
That’s a good sign. Usually if you’re balding it gets progressively worse. But some people don’t shed at all and still bald, they just go more slowly which is what I’m keeping an eye on. Seb derm can also cause a Telogen Effluvium. Do you have inflamed oily scalp?

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s a good sign. Usually if you’re balding it gets progressively worse. But some people don’t shed at all and still bald, they just go more slowly which is what I’m keeping an eye on. Seb derm can also cause a Telogen Effluvium. Do you have inflamed oily scalp?
Yeah. I edited my last answer
This probably happened because I put my inflammation under control
It was insane. Bumps everywhere along itchiness and burning. I was afraid of using keto because last time it didn't go well, but somehow it worked now. I'm using it once a week and the rest of the days I use a salicylic acid shampoo. It's been months since I felt this relief

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I edited my last answer

It was insane. Bumps everywhere along itchiness and burning. I was afraid of using keto because last time it didn't go well, but somehow it worked now. I'm using it once a week and the rest of the days I use a salicylic acid shampoo. It's been months since I felt this relief
That’s good. Usually they say if a man is losing hair it’s 99.9% chance it’s mpp. But I simply cannot believe this statistic. There are many various ways inflammation can cause a Telogen Effluvium. I got Telogen Effluvium when I was 19 from high dose of accutane and I lost tons of hair. It grew back but took years.