1mg finasteride journey

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. I edited my last answer

It was insane. Bumps everywhere along itchiness and burning. I was afraid of using keto because last time it didn't go well, but somehow it worked now. I'm using it once a week and the rest of the days I use a salicylic acid shampoo. It's been months since I felt this relief
How is the SA shampoo?

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is the SA shampoo?
I'm using this one:

https://skin.shop/en/product/vichy-dercos-anti-dandruff-shampoo-for-dry-hair-200ml/

along this one:

Although my bottle is transparent-green instead of black.

I switch them through the week. I know that washing hair everyday might be bad, but it's the only way I've found of relief.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s a good sign. Usually if you’re balding it gets progressively worse. But some people don’t shed at all and still bald, they just go more slowly which is what I’m keeping an eye on. Seb derm can also cause a Telogen Effluvium. Do you have inflamed oily scalp?
I never shed more than 2 or 3 hairs but I'm diffuse thinning it's so weird.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics? How often do you shampoo your hair??
I'm early diffusing but you can't tell yet unless it's wet, I don't have any wet pics saved atm but its the same pattern my maternal grandfather had. I shower everyday but I only shampoo about once every 3 or 4 days otherwise my hair gets super dry and damaged.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So contemplating to hop back on finasteride. My hairline is restoring still which is a good sign. And my crown from birds eye view looks ok, my profile view is questionable though. Could this be telogen effluvium? Third pic is from back in December.

Attachments

• E8F9496D-99A4-4411-91CA-0DCF7D57CF6A.jpeg
    E8F9496D-99A4-4411-91CA-0DCF7D57CF6A.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 62B305E2-1464-4D6C-B057-BE34A6D56C05.jpeg
    62B305E2-1464-4D6C-B057-BE34A6D56C05.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 88
  • 6EFBED11-B7BF-4493-9E13-9151431414BE.jpeg
    6EFBED11-B7BF-4493-9E13-9151431414BE.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 86

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you have your follow up visit with the dermatologist?
Appointment is not until late may unfortunately. Does it look bad?here’s hairline. My scalp has gotten really oily lately too.

Attachments

• B604B4C5-880B-4CBA-9035-8959CB49EBD5.jpeg
    B604B4C5-880B-4CBA-9035-8959CB49EBD5.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 97
  • F1B25314-2803-4033-8C80-3E7E81078AE7.jpeg
    F1B25314-2803-4033-8C80-3E7E81078AE7.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It also extend down to my ears is this normal? Post finasteride shed maybe?

Attachments

• 1CED8C62-EAD4-4B95-8C7A-5A24810E320F.jpeg
    1CED8C62-EAD4-4B95-8C7A-5A24810E320F.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 4D807353-A2E7-4BD9-A9BA-BBD9AC073100.jpeg
    4D807353-A2E7-4BD9-A9BA-BBD9AC073100.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 2CE76F22-3256-4BA8-8B75-713FE486D160.jpeg
    2CE76F22-3256-4BA8-8B75-713FE486D160.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 78

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Does it look worse house?
I honestly think you made a big mistake stoping finasteride. You definitely are suffering from paranoia and mental anxiety. I genuinely feel bad for you as you can't make up your mind from day to day. You are second guessing yourself almost every day. I have enough experience to know you should strongly switch to a topical minoxidil finasteride combo and apply it daily at night. That is all you need to do. Very little will go systemic so you should not have any issues with sides. Your gyno is just from being skinny fat and not being toned. And as I told you before only reassess your photos every 6 months instead of every day. Irishpride used to do the same thing as you and finally thru PM I convinced him to follow my advice( and a few other posters like Harry Balls who was one of the best and funniest posters on the hair loss forums) and he did. Look how good his hair looks after all these years.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I honestly think you made a big mistake stoping finasteride. You definitely are suffering from paranoia and mental anxiety. I genuinely feel bad for you as you can't make up your mind from day to day. You are second guessing yourself almost every day. I have enough experience to know you should strongly switch to a topical minoxidil finasteride combo and apply it daily at night. That is all you need to do. Very little will go systemic so you should not have any issues with sides. Your gyno is just from being skinny fat and not being toned. And as I told you before only reassess your photos every 6 months instead of every day. Irishpride used to do the same thing as you and finally thru PM I convinced him to follow my advice( and a few other posters like Harry Balls who was one of the best and funniest posters on the hair loss forums) and he did. Look how good his hair looks after all these years.
I plan to hop back on finasteride at the start of may. Does it look like I have lost ground? I got off it because my erections turned weak and got increased breast tissue confirmed from mammogram. Chest tissue has decreased to pre finasteride levels. Hair loss has me so anxious it’s a curse, I don’t think the pattern of hairloss I have is male pattern baldness as it seems strange to thin by my ears too.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s good. Usually they say if a man is losing hair it’s 99.9% chance it’s mpp. But I simply cannot believe this statistic. There are many various ways inflammation can cause a Telogen Effluvium. I got Telogen Effluvium when I was 19 from high dose of accutane and I lost tons of hair. It grew back but took years.
I am not sure that why know exactly if Telogen Effluvium is separate and apart from male pattern baldness unless a person has just added a med and then it is often a benevolent shed but yes, inflammation might link both types of hair loss and Telogen Effluvium hair lost without cessation of inflammation, might not regrow particularly well in a male context. I don't think that we know but yes, your statistic might be 98 percent. People often pray that is is Telogen Effluvium. I did. It was stress, my parents' divorce, my A- instead of A in calculus that caused my hair loss, my father's not bald and has all of his hair and none of that mattered or was different from other students. We have all been there. It's similar to the guys who ask about biotin and I always chuckle and ask if they live in the 3rd world and are malnourished because otherwise biotin will do zero no matter how much a person uses. 36 years since I first noticed thinning and biotin continues to be touted, usually by women to their sons, husbands and other males as a solution to baldness cause someone who cuts hair touted it.

I remember telling a female friend that I was on HRT for hair and she immediately told me that I needed to try biotin. I just thanked her and changed the subject.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan to hop back on finasteride at the start of may. Does it look like I have lost ground? I got off it because my erections turned weak and got increased breast tissue confirmed from mammogram. Chest tissue has decreased to pre finasteride levels. Hair loss has me so anxious it’s a curse, I don’t think the pattern of hairloss I have is male pattern baldness as it seems strange to thin by my ears too.
Believe it or not, placebo or nocebo can actually cause bodily changes and it can actually grow hair temporarily. I think something like 11 percent maybe of the original minoxidil blind testing group grew hair even though they were using nothing but saline solution or water and the hope and anticipation somehow grew hair that was actually verified by the testing folks at Upjohn. finasteride raises Testosterone and is likely to make a person more interested in sex and more able to perform. You guys listen to all of the chatter and psyche yourself into expecting sides. Nobody did that 22 years ago. We jumped for joy when proscar came out and we were thrilled to have a new option at least equal to min and probably superior. Don't overthink all of this. The other thing is that often, even if a med causes changes in weight or something, this will diminish as you become more tolerant of and used to it.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What do you think it is? I don't think you should go with oral finasteride when you chose to go back on it. I think you should cut your hair some and it will look thicker. You have hair like me and it looks thicker when it shorter and get your hair stylist to texturize cut it. It will look thicker too.