1mg finasteride journey

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well should I wait six months to see if my hair worsens then decide to get on finasteride again? I’m not sure if I need treatment yet. I feel as if my hair loss was from some seb derm telogen effluvium. The only thing I’m
Using is regenepure dr once a week for now.
Did you visit a derm yet?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hairline looks solid to me. But honestly you should get back on. Have you tried these options:
.5 or .25 mg a day
Liposomal Topical finasteride at .025%

Honestly I wish I knew where to get specifically liposomal topical finasteride at .025% because I think people who are in the early stages can get benefits from it and I read it didn't go as systemic. Like 25% reduction of dht in serum but 50% in the scalp. But idk how much weight to put into those studies.
I plan to POSSIBLY get back on but take 1mg 3x A week. But since I’ve been off finasteride my erections are insane again lmao.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan to POSSIBLY get back on but take 1mg 3x A week. But since I’ve been off finasteride my erections are insane again lmao.
Let me ask you this. Do you exercise? I think maybe lowering dht puts you at that threshold where you are teetering on having weaker erections. But exercise can do 2 things: 1. Treat mental health and help vs nocebo effects 2. Boost testosterone. 3. Reduce fat which body fat can increase your estrogen levels.

Also. Do you have a family history of severe hair loss? Did a dermatologist diagnose you with male pattern baldness?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Let me ask you this. Do you exercise? I think maybe lowering dht puts you at that threshold where you are teetering on having weaker erections. But exercise can do 2 things: 1. Treat mental health and help vs nocebo effects 2. Boost testosterone. 3. Reduce fat which body fat can increase your estrogen levels.

Also. Do you have a family history of severe hair loss? Did a dermatologist diagnose you with male pattern baldness?
I do exercise but not as much as I should due to uni studies.

yes my dads side of the family struggles with male pattern baldness. And I did go to a derm when I was 19 and she diagnosed me with male pattern baldness when I was nw0 lmao, I don’t think some derms are very knowledgeable on male pattern baldness. At the time I was going through Telogen Effluvium after a high dose of accutane for 6 months.

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
And I did go to a derm when I was 19 and she diagnosed me with male pattern baldness when I was nw0 lmao,
Yes I don't think (Female) derms really know how much they affect young men when they diagnose them with male pattern baldness.

One of the best Dermatologists in my country diagnosed me with male pattern baldness when I was just 16, she f***ing destroyed my youth.

.... 3 Months later she reattracted what she said and told me your hair is great, you don't have male pattern baldness.
I mean good news but.... the last 3 months where horrible because of your silly diagnosis.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes I don't think (Female) derms really know how much they affect young men when they diagnose them with male pattern baldness.

One of the best Dermatologists in my country diagnosed me with male pattern baldness when I was just 16, she f***ing destroyed my youth.

.... 3 Months later she reattracted what she said and told me your hair is great, you don't have male pattern baldness.
I mean good news but.... the last 3 months where horrible because of your silly diagnosis.
Yeah I hear you. I went to a trichologist a few weeks later and he said to come back in 5 years and my hair was great. Lol but that was when I was 19. I don’t know if I have male pattern baldness to be honest. Won’t know until I see an actually good derm and. Insurance again.

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I hear you. I went to a trichologist a few weeks later and he said to come back in 5 years and my hair was great. Lol but that was when I was 19. I don’t know if I have male pattern baldness to be honest. Won’t know until I see an actually good derm and. Insurance again.
It doesn't seem to be straight and easy to fully diagnose male pattern baldness especially for young men.... who are already unlikely to have it.
Because not all men have the same perfect hairlines and an uneven hairline doesn't always mean male pattern baldness.
I've never had a full hairline/temples since the day I was born but I didn't seem to notice it or give it any attention.

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know if I have male pattern baldness to be honest.
Neither do I, it's so funny actually ... one day I think my hair is great ... the other I feel horrible.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Neither do I, it's so funny actually ... one day I think my hair is great ... the other I feel horrible.
I think the day I start shedding an insane amount of hair will be a dead giveaway. As of now I only probably shed at the max 5 hairs in the shower when I shampoo, and I shampoo my hair daily.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the day I start shedding an insane amount of hair will be a dead giveaway. As of now I only probably shed at the max 5 hairs in the shower when I shampoo, and I shampoo my hair daily.
So you shed virtually zero hairs daily. When you are rapidly losing hair before you can even see hairline recession you are shedding hundreds of hairs daily without showering.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So you shed virtually zero hairs daily. When you are rapidly losing hair before you can even see hairline recession you are shedding hundreds of hairs daily without showering.
I still shed a few throughout the day. The weird thing is that they are all different sizes in length. So I should be ok until I notice an insane amount of shedding then?

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still shed a few throughout the day. The weird thing is that they are all different sizes in length. So I should be ok until I notice an insane amount of shedding then?
I mean there are cases where there is no shedding but people still end up bald, however that type of baldness takes 10 years or more to be noticeable to you, let alone others. So if you are not shedding you will probably carry pretty much the same hair in your 30s.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
When did your family members go bald?

My dad started to go around 25 but it was slow. I probably started at 27 but it's slow. I took a look at the hairline and I'm worried. I see more thinning and I think waiting to see the endocrinologist is a waste of time. The hairline is thinning worse and when I look up in the mirror you can see that my hair is thinning. I'm at that stage where I'm nw2 thinning toward nw3 and I have to stop the bleeding. I feel like everyone says this but damn why didn't I try treatment like 8 months ago...

I really hope I recover some of my hairline...

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When did your family members go bald?

My dad started to go around 25 but it was slow. I probably started at 27 but it's slow. I took a look at the hairline and I'm worried. I see more thinning and I think waiting to see the endocrinologist is a waste of time. The hairline is thinning worse and when I look up in the mirror you can see that my hair is thinning. I'm at that stage where I'm nw2 thinning toward nw3 and I have to stop the bleeding. I feel like everyone says this but damn why didn't I try treatment like 8 months ago...

I really hope I recover some of my hairline...
my dad started to bald at like 21 I think he was already NW3 at 21. I’m 26 and still considered NW1 here but sometimes I feel like it’s worse. Are you on any treatment? If you want to get back to NW1 zone why don’t you try rolling? I’m waiting to see how things go before hopping back on treatment.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
d
my dad started to bald at like 21 I think he was already NW3 at 21. I’m 26 and still considered NW1 here but sometimes I feel like it’s worse. Are you on any treatment? If you want to get back to NW1 zone why don’t you try rolling? I’m waiting to see how things go before hopping back on treatment.
do you comb your hair? how much you lose when you do?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP get bloods done whilst your sexual health is normal then bloods again after being back on finasteride - the change might be one you can balance (albeit with other drugs) if thats really the route you want to go. My sides were exclusively from a 50% increase in E. Control them and im fine.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
d

do you comb your hair? how much you lose when you do?
I don’t comb my hair. But if I go to a sink and shake my hair with hands I maybe get 1-2. If I do a pull test on vertex or mid scalp and tug a bunch of hairs I pull like 1, sometimes 2

Last edited:

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OP get bloods done whilst your sexual health is normal then bloods again after being back on finasteride - the change might be one you can balance (albeit with other drugs) if thats really the route you want to go. My sides were exclusively from a 50% increase in E. Control them and im fine.
I might not get back on finasteride. Everything seems stable as of now. But if I notice more loss again I’ll get on. My seb derm had kind of calmed down, I’m wondering if that was causing shedding.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t comb my hair. But if I go to a sink and shake my hair with hands I maybe get 1-2. If I do a pull test on vertex or mid scalp and tug a bunch of hairs I pull like 1, sometimes 2
I mean, I refuse to believe that someone can lose only 5 hairs, virtually speaking that is. Try to comb your hair and bring me the results? I'm doing a little research, it would be helpful.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I mean there are cases where there is no shedding but people still end up bald, however that type of baldness takes 10 years or more to be noticeable to you, let alone others. So if you are not shedding you will probably carry pretty much the same hair in your 30s.
In august I had thick hair with good density. I could tell because I at the time I got my new license and my hair looked solid. Fast forward to November and it thinned and lost density very rapidly. Here’s a pic of my hair back in august.

Attachments

• 328A0A77-5846-43F8-8B09-2E62A193BC5A.jpeg
    328A0A77-5846-43F8-8B09-2E62A193BC5A.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 78