1mg finasteride journey

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really a norwood 1 ? I thought that’s a juvenile hairline. I feel like I’m kinda past that. I’m on it because my hair has felt a lot more thinner lately. Also thought it might be a good preemptive measure against male pattern baldness if I do
Have it.
The best way to the if you have male pattern baldness and not just age related thinning is if the temples aren't even

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
omg, what an original journay. Propecia have being approved since 1997 , Proscar since 1992 .
We know it works, we know it give side effects. so ? what is the point ? Will be great if you use an alternative dose, or topical, or whatever, use yoru imagination.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I want to quit finasteride, I’ve been shedding like crazy and it’s only been over a week. I feel like my hairline is thinning out more then before. Maybe Norwood 2.5 now?

Attachments

• C3715929-667A-4D63-B6E4-0235E37A0DCC.jpeg
    C3715929-667A-4D63-B6E4-0235E37A0DCC.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 9AD9C35D-F7EA-484E-9BB5-2CB3E4D5C1AC.jpeg
    9AD9C35D-F7EA-484E-9BB5-2CB3E4D5C1AC.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 10751B70-D99E-4E6C-ABD2-E7487947AFFE.jpeg
    10751B70-D99E-4E6C-ABD2-E7487947AFFE.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 43C1B8BB-4594-4B3F-B4D7-FF2DF070008F.jpeg
    43C1B8BB-4594-4B3F-B4D7-FF2DF070008F.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 129

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to quit finasteride, I’ve been shedding like crazy and it’s only been over a week. I feel like my hairline is thinning out more then before. Maybe Norwood 2.5 now?
It's your choice if you want to quit lol, but it's known that finasteride causes a shedding period and takes up to 6 months for results

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s a long term solution, but do what you gotta do

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think it looks more receded thinning? I feel like I went up a whole Norwood :(
It looks like one set of pics was with different lighting or flash. But anyways, finasteride for a week wouldn’t change your Norwood status. That’s impossible. You’ll see results over months not weeks

Edit: suggestion for you, keep taking the pill, take monthly pictures. Ignore your hair any other time outside of styling in the morning and those monthly pics. I’m serious. Ignore it completely outside of those times. Then reassess completely at 6 months

Last edited:

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It looks like one set of pics was with different lighting or flash. But anyways, finasteride for a week wouldn’t change your Norwood status. That’s impossible. You’ll see results over months not weeks
What Norwood would you say I’m at then? I noticed the one I took in the bathroom with bright lighting makes my hair look worse then with flash.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
What Norwood would you say I’m at then? I noticed the one I took in the bathroom with bright lighting makes my hair look worse then with flash.
Yeah flash surprisingly makes hair look better, since it hides any slight thinning. You’re a Norwood 1.5 to 2. Same as you’ve been since we checked last time.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I
Yeah flash surprisingly makes hair look better, since it hides any slight thinning. You’re a Norwood 1.5 to 2. Same as you’ve been since we checked last time.
always thought it was the other way around lol. But I noticed this. Check out this crazy comparison just from back in early December and then from today.

Attachments

• A9F0B659-F92D-467D-A34D-47181030204B.jpeg
    A9F0B659-F92D-467D-A34D-47181030204B.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 116
  • B9C4E107-2D1A-40F1-964E-581D2FDECE16.jpeg
    B9C4E107-2D1A-40F1-964E-581D2FDECE16.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 118

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I

always thought it was the other way around lol. But I noticed this. Check out this crazy comparison just from back in early December and then from today.
I guess the black hair makes it even less obvious sometimes

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aaand you made the biggest mistake when starting finasteride, you kept focusing on your hair all the time. If you are taking legit 1mg the worst you can do is quit now since the hair you shed wont come back if you reset the treatment later. You have to stick with it for at least a year, you did what? Not even a 1% of the time needed.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aaand you made the biggest mistake when starting finasteride, you kept focusing on your hair all the time. If you are taking legit 1mg the worst you can do is quit now since the hair you shed wont come back if you reset the treatment later. You have to stick with it for at least a year, you did what? Not even a 1% of the time needed.
I’ll stick with it for now, I just don’t like how I’m losing density up front. I figured finasteride would halt any further loss.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
But you do see a difference in the hairline?
Nope. Pay attention to how you’re pulling the hair. One is to the side, another is a bit more up. You can see how one angle exaggerates the recession vs covering it

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nope. Pay attention to how you’re pulling the hair. One is to the side, another is a bit more up. You can see how one angle exaggerates the recession vs covering it
Ok i just noticed what you were mentioning. So my hairline right now is still between an adolescent and mature hairline? I notice inflammation and was wondering if I have seb derm could that alone cause thinning/Telogen Effluvium? I’ve been diagnosed before with it.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok i just noticed what you were mentioning. So my hairline right now is still between an adolescent and mature hairline? I notice inflammation and was wondering if I have seb derm could that alone cause thinning/Telogen Effluvium? I’ve been diagnosed before with it.
It can cause hair loss but not to the extent that you change Norwoods

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It can cause hair loss but not to the extent that you change Norwoods
Well I haven’t changed Norwood’s yet according to you so I’m guessing it could be it: my scalp is scaly, lots of flaky dandruff, redness, itch. Does my hair loss even look like male pattern baldness yet?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I will keep taking it I’m just concerned I’ll continue to take it and it turns out I don’t have male pattern baldness just a bad shed or Telogen Effluvium.