1mg finasteride journey

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You wont notice any difference in a week. Earliest you’ll notice anything is 3months and thats super super lucky. The more you think about sides the more likely you are to experience them.
Ok I’ll post pics again in 3 months. How bad do you think my hair loss situation is? Do you think I’m overreacting?

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you go back and see pics of him in 2005 he was about Norwood 2.5 already. So I guess I might have similar hair loss to him as in not that aggressive? Did you see my recent pics? How do you think my hair is looking? Shedding has slowed down a lot already... can finasteride work this fast to halt shedding? it’s only been a week!??
It looks similar to what you posted last week. Usually, changes are noticeable in few weeks time if the drug is working or not.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It looks similar to what you posted last week. Usually, changes are noticeable in few weeks time if the drug is working or not.
Ok, do you think finasteride is for me? People are saying I don’t have hair loss or it’s too early to hop on treatment.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, do you think finasteride is for me? People are saying I don’t have hair loss or it’s too early to hop on treatment.

Its very hard to say. Drug is not for everyone as the reaction may be different. Just see how it goes for the next few weeks/months and stop if you get hyperandrogenicity from it.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like there’s lots of people against finasteride, but there’s also lots of people that swear by it and use it daily..
I think the thing with Finasteride is that once you start using it and have some success, you get over hair loss and move on with your life.

Only people who are still on these forums after trying finasteride are either
1)too advanced that finasteride can't really save them or 2) people who get sides from finasteride, so don't really use it.

Imo that's why finasteride has such a bad rep

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the thing with Finasteride is that once you start using it and have some success, you get over hair loss and move on with your life.

Only people who are still on these forums after trying finasteride are either
1)too advanced that finasteride can't really save them or 2) people who get sides from finasteride, so don't really use it.

Imo that's why finasteride has such a bad rep
Exactly. It’s confirmation bias. There’s a reason why we see a disparity between studies and forum anecdotes involving the success of the drug. Those on the forums either haven’t taken finasteride, or have taken and are seeking alternatives because of sides or lack of maintenance.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its very hard to say. Drug is not for everyone as the reaction may be different. Just see how it goes for the next few weeks/months and stop if you get hyperandrogenicity from it.
Lately I have been experiencing a weird shed on my left side of hair/hairline. I’m afraid finasteride is making things worse as I never noticed shedding on that side, has only been my right. What do you think? First two pics are from last year and third, fourth and fifth are from yesterday. (5th pic is wet hair) Finally found some pics I took last year for a better baseline. Can anyone chime in and see any difference? Thank you!!!

Attachments

• B2620F5F-6B29-451E-990C-9609BEA0E6B4.jpeg
    B2620F5F-6B29-451E-990C-9609BEA0E6B4.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 00E6AFCD-F3D7-46F0-99CE-B657904CB6D9.jpeg
    00E6AFCD-F3D7-46F0-99CE-B657904CB6D9.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 145
  • EE3DDF18-14EB-4739-B14A-C46F489AC67F.jpeg
    EE3DDF18-14EB-4739-B14A-C46F489AC67F.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 134
  • F17401BE-6B10-44B6-8851-B3F1EF2E2468.jpeg
    F17401BE-6B10-44B6-8851-B3F1EF2E2468.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 136
  • FF5FE482-E468-4472-AE8C-565D5A15E42B.jpeg
    FF5FE482-E468-4472-AE8C-565D5A15E42B.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By any chance, are you experiencing any sort of inflammation?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
By any chance, are you experiencing any sort of inflammation?
How can I tell if I have inflammation? Where do you see it? Here’s a pic of now. Is there inflammation?

Attachments

• 5833E60A-D5A9-4062-9B41-050BC36F0E58.jpeg
    5833E60A-D5A9-4062-9B41-050BC36F0E58.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 107

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your temples and the corners of your hairline looks a bit red

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about seeing a doctor/ derma
Yeah but don’t have insurance at the moment. Can finasteride cause that inflammation on the hairline? I never noticed it until pointed out just now. I’m convinced finasteride is making my hairline shed like crazy on the left side but im not too sure.

Last edited:

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but don’t have insurance at the moment. Can finasteride cause that inflammation on the hairline? I never noticed it until pointed out just now.
Does it feel like it's inflamed? It doesn't look like it to me, just looks like your the skin on your scalp is much lighter than the skin on your face so there's a bit of a contrast

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Does it feel like it's inflamed? It doesn't look like it to me, just looks like your the skin on your scalp is much lighter than the skin on your face so there's a bit of a contrast
No I don’t even feel an Itch or uncomfortable sensation so not sure what it could
Be? Does it look like I’m receding thinning more? What Norwood?

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I don’t even feel an Itch or uncomfortable sensation so not sure what it could
Be? Does it look like I’m receding thinning more? What Norwood?
Like a Norwood 1. Tbh, idk why you're on Finasteride, your hairline looks the same to to me lol. But if you're pretty sure you're receding, then go ahead. The best thing for you to do now would go to a derma or doctor when you get insurance. Luckily for me, I'm in the UK so I don't have to worry about that lol

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Like a Norwood 1. Tbh, idk why you're on Finasteride, your hairline looks the same to to me lol. But if you're pretty sure you're receding, then go ahead. The best thing for you to do now would go to a derma or doctor when you get insurance. Luckily for me, I'm in the UK so I don't have to worry about that lol
Really a norwood 1 ? I thought that’s a juvenile hairline. I feel like I’m kinda past that. I’m on it because my hair has felt a lot more thinner lately. Also thought it might be a good preemptive measure against male pattern baldness if I do
Have it.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really a norwood 1 ? I thought that’s a juvenile hairline. I feel like I’m kinda past that. I’m on it because my hair has felt a lot more thinner lately. Also thought it might be a good preemptive measure against male pattern baldness if I do
Have it.
Norwood 0 is a juvenile hairline. Norwood 1 is normal for a 26 yo lol