1mg finasteride journey

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
All the ones of your hairline. Compare it to your first post. More density, going from round to square. Looking good!
That’s awesome thanks for the feedback. I think I can get away with just finasteride as a monotherapy, I hate messing with topicals. Does it look like NW1 ballpark still?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s awesome thanks for the feedback. I think I can get away with just finasteride as a monotherapy, I hate messing with topicals. Does it look like NW1 ballpark still?
Yep you're in a good spot. Getting close to Norwood 1.0. Just let the medication do its thing.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yep you're in a good spot. Getting close to Norwood 1.0. Just let the medication do its thing.
I can’t believe I got good results in less then 3 months. Is this usually the case? I feel like I might have seb derm still as that still hasn’t resolved since November. Could seb derm
Be the root cause of my hair loss?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t believe I got good results in less then 3 months. Is this usually the case? I feel like I might have seb derm still as that still hasn’t resolved since November. Could seb derm
Be the root cause of my hair loss?
Usually the average to notice a result is 3-5 months they say.

While seb derm may have accelerated it, I think it's evident that you have male pattern baldness and is the reason why finasteride is working. Perhaps some type of corticosteroid, or tertinoin may help with that. I think you are already using keto shampoo?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Usually the average to notice a result is 3-5 months they say.

While seb derm may have accelerated it, I think it's evident that you have male pattern baldness and is the reason why finasteride is working. Perhaps some type of corticosteroid, or tertinoin may help with that. I think you are already using keto shampoo?
It just bothers me that most people insist I’m not balding in a male pattern baldness way and all looks normal. As Norwood 1 isn’t really considered balding. Or that I’m just “maturing” into nw2. I’m using regenepure dr 1x a week now. Last time I had seb derm was when I had Telogen Effluvium after taking accutane when I was 19.

Last edited:

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cutting back on finasteride only 3x a week. I think I’m starting to get sexual sides. Hopefully it’s just mental though. :(

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think im gonna drop finasteride. Should I slowly ween myself off like 3x week then slowly take it less until not takin at all? Or drop cold turkey. I don’t think I have male pattern baldness. And I’m getting sexual sides now.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think im gonna drop finasteride. Should I slowly ween myself off like 3x week then slowly take it less until not takin at all? Or drop cold turkey. I don’t think I have male pattern baldness. And I’m getting sexual sides now.

Just stop it cold turkey.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Would lowering to 3mg a week likely help get rid of sides? I feel like I could get away with it my hairloss seems faint or minimal if any at all.
Stop wasting your time with all these posts. Go to topical finasteride and use it everyday with a minoxidil combo.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stop wasting your time with all these posts. Go to topical finasteride and use it everyday with a minoxidil combo.
I don’t want to mess with topicals. I’ll just reduce to 3x a week or get off it completely. I might have hopped on finasteride out of sheer paranoia. I wish I could see a derm I don’t know anymore.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I don’t want to mess with topicals. I’ll just reduce to 3x a week or get off it completely. I might have hopped on finasteride out of sheer paranoia. I wish I could see a derm I don’t know anymore.
I seriously think you were showing signs of early male pattern baldness in your crown area so why are you doubting yourself. I know a guy who kept his juvenile hairline all his life but went bald in the crown and had diffuse pattern loss too.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Well I’m not sure, it could’ve been the flash I was using and making it appear worse. Wouldn’t I have followed my dads pattern? His hairline is where he had majority of hair loss. Mines budged barely it seems since I was 19. Here more of my crown before finasteride back in December.
Put that wet photo of your crown that you showed me before and you will see that there is a diffuse pattern in your crown. And you can't go by just your dad. My dad and I have similar hair yet he went totally bald at a young age and his brother never did. Nor did I.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here’s some before finasteride

Attachments

• 2156F38D-A254-415A-A979-9EF2A8E95FF9.jpeg
    2156F38D-A254-415A-A979-9EF2A8E95FF9.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 8AF2AD53-63EC-482F-82E2-13F30E4584CE.jpeg
    8AF2AD53-63EC-482F-82E2-13F30E4584CE.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 80

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Here’s some before finasteride
That is not the one I was referring to. Does not matter. If you think you are not going bald than just stop finasteride and see what happens. I did it before with many treatments and I always get worse when I stop. You keep posting all these threads asking the same question but the biggest problems is you are doubting your situation. I luckily got tested for the gene and I have it so I stayed on my medication. Look online and see if they have a test somewhere that you can do. If you have the gene, would you stay on treatments?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is not the one I was referring to. Does not matter. If you think you are not going bald than just stop finasteride and see what happens. I did it before with many treatments and I always get worse when I stop. You keep posting all these threads asking the same question but the biggest problems is you are doubting your situation. I luckily got tested for the gene and I have it so I stayed on my medication. Look online and see if they have a test somewhere that you can do. If you have the gene, would you stay on treatments?
I wish I could afford gene testing it sounds expensive. I would honestly love to stay on finasteride but yesterday I felt some sexual sides. I’m not sure if it’s normal and they eventually subside. Would doing 3x 1mg finasteride a week probably reduce sides?

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To anyone reading this, this is why you stop visiting forums when you start taking finasteride. Im not sure if it is even a good idea to come back after a while to update your situation.
Also OP you basically did nothing if you stop now:
This guy had massive sheds at 5month mark and his hair is great now 7 months in. And you are 3 months in, you have 9 months to go OP.