19 Years of age: Norwood 2-3 (is there anybody out there).

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Whatever your success rate is try and stay positive, for obviously you can't turn back now. Just a friendly reminder; when it comes to surgery or anything else that jeopardizes our long term health we can never do enough research. We can all learn together. Please keep sharing and best wishes!
New hairs are starting to surface, though very few in the grand scheme of things.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Bravo TMOD!

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Bravo TMOD!
My thanks, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_0009.jpgDSC_0014.jpgDSC_0015.jpg

Malin

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm about the same as you were before the hair transplant, been taking propecia and applying minoxidil for around 3 years (almost 22 y/o now), I think if I can mantain the same ammount of hair for the next 3 years I'll get a conservative hair transplant to fill a little the temples. Anyways, keep us updated, I'm interested to see how you'll progress. Good luck!

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Day 97

New photo update.

DSC_0047.jpgDSC_0048.jpgDSC_0049.jpgDSC_0050.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

...and I am definitely suffering from "Diffuse Patterned Alopecia" (thinning in the front, top and crown, with a stable permanent zone). I'd say I've lost about half of my hair on the top and 2/3 in the crown. It can still be covered up decently, or so I think.

I suffer from hairloss and hair thinning, I have horrible skin, and a overly hairy body, and of course as a result: no confidence.
Sometimes I feel there is no reason for me to keep on living this worthless thing called "life".
Maybe, maybe not. Who knows...

It makes me furious and sad. I for one, will not pass on my genes, to be sure.
Life is so unkind.

Still, no matter the hardship I may face, I WILL prevail.

By the way... is it possible the diffuse thinning will stop? Or is it likely to keep thinning?

hermandolol

Reaction score
New photo update.

View attachment 24329View attachment 24330View attachment 24331View attachment 24332

- - - Updated - - -

...and I am definitely suffering from "Diffuse Patterned Alopecia" (thinning in the front, top and crown, with a stable permanent zone). I'd say I've lost about half of my hair on the top and 2/3 in the crown. It can still be covered up decently, or so I think.

I suffer from hairloss and hair thinning, I have horrible skin, and a overly hairy body, and of course as a result: no confidence.
Sometimes I feel there is no reason for me to keep on living this worthless thing called "life".
Maybe, maybe not. Who knows...

It makes me furious and sad. I for one, will not pass on my genes, to be sure.
Life is so unkind.

Still, no matter the hardship I may face, I WILL prevail.

By the way... is it possible the diffuse thinning will stop? Or is it likely to keep thinning?

Antiandrogen will slow down diffuse thinning.
You won't pass down your genes because of hair and body hair? Isn't that a bit extreme...? Just find a women whose father is a thick Nw1 :D
They will probably find a cure in 30 years don't you think?

I know this is a cliche, but starting working out helps a lot with your self esteem.

If you have had these thoughts long I would strongly suggest to see a shrink.

affect

Reaction score
In my opinion you should experience life a bit, get some perspective of things, it sucks to lose hair I'm right there with you being a young guy and all but there exist so much worse stuff in this world than the stuff that wanna make you kill yourself, see a shrink and talk with em for a bit, explore life, go out and travel see all the beautiful things that exist. The absolute hardest part for me with losing hair was that I became introvert for quite some time and I lost meaning of living, I picked myself up and explored life and found that more stuff exist out there than me losing hair and that very few people actually care all that much, and looking back I was the same way I never really thought twice that someone was bald never thought they looked weird or anything, they were just bald as someone was a redhead or blonde but now when I am balding I see every single person who has a little recession and think "Dude you should get on Propecia before it's to late.". Hair loss itself is usually never the problem with anything, it's usually the loss of self esteem you get with hair loss that is the cause of the headache.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanx for updating us. It probably already seems like an eternity since procedure but you are still only four months out. Are you considering introducing any pharmaceuticals yet? What does your hair transplant surgeon advise?

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanx for updating us. It probably already seems like an eternity since procedure but you are still only four months out. Are you considering introducing any pharmaceuticals yet? What does your hair transplant surgeon advise?
It has been a little over 3 and a half months since I had my hair transplant. I am on Propecia and Minoxidil, have been for some time now.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
A few pimples here and there. Things are definitely improving, but very SLOWLY.

- - - Updated - - -

The most substantial growth appears to be in the middle-apart, whilst the sides are lesser.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You know what male pattern baldness has become another reason why im glad that I'm not having kids. Killing off male pattern baldness with me. Hopefully my brothers won't have kids.
Another win for human kind.