19 Years of age: Norwood 2-3 (is there anybody out there).

Vpelli

Reaction score
I think thats a good idea, you really need to stop worrying about your hair, try to stick to your hair regimen every day, like an automatism, and then stop thinking about it. It doesnt help anything, it might be even worse to feel bad about your hair because hairloss can become worse due to stress. You need to find something that you enjoy doing and makes you forget about all this

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
The err of my ways...

images (2).jpg

Next time, I will have reconstructive surgery and mimic the hairline in the photo. Just slightly lower and not as much v-shaped.

I have played the fool. I see that now.

As long as the majority of my new hair grows out successfully, I will be content. I always thought that having a nearly straight hairline (the likes of Norwood 0) would be like a dream come true, but I now see how wrong I was. I am not very happy with how low, straight and unartistic it looks.

Next time (in two years exactly) I will opt for either Hasson & Wong, Dr. Sanusi Umar (I will visit Dr. Umar and have a BHT, in order to fully restore my temples) or Bernstein Medical, there to have a reconstructive surgery.

In your opinion, is 22/23 an acceptable age for having a hair transplant?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I hope you return. I appreciate your perspective on hair loss. Take care.

- - - Updated - - -

23 is a little premature in my estimation. If you decide to go thru with one by then I would recommend you opt for a conservative hair transplant. Do extensive research on the surgeon(s) before making a commitment. Interview them a second time if you must. A hair transplant can not be reversed, so don't rush into it for the sake of your personal convenience or financial benefit. Weigh it out carefully. All the best.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope you return. I appreciate your perspective on hair loss. Take care.

- - - Updated - - -

23 is a little premature in my estimation. If you decide to go thru with one by then I would recommend you opt for a conservative hair transplant. Do extensive research on the surgeon(s) before making a commitment. Interview them a second time if you must. A hair transplant can not be reversed, so don't rush into it for the sake of your personal convenience or financial benefit. Weigh it out carefully. All the best.
Yes, that I WILL do this time around. By the by, can't the previously implanted grafts be extracted, re-used and moved further back on the scalp?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
You are right. They can be extracted and reused elsewhere, however this means of course more surgery and consequently more trauma and scarring, which can possibly imperil your scalp and hair's chances of an optimum recovery. All the best to you in whichever course you choose and thanx for sharing.

Malin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope the best for you! stop worrying so much and put things in perspective, we have the luxury to spend our time thinking about hair loss because we were born either in a rich country were we don't have to work/study that much in order to have a decent living, OR (like in my case) were born in a rich family in a country (mine or your doctor's country) were the majority of the people struggles to put bread into their mouth.

**The majority of the human race DOESN'T HAVE THIS LUXURY

Cheers man!

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope the best for you! stop worrying so much and put things in perspective, we have the luxury to spend our time thinking about hair loss because we were born either in a rich country were we don't have to work/study that much in order to have a decent living, OR (like in my case) were born in a rich family in a country (mine or your doctor's country) were the majority of the people struggles to put bread into their mouth.

**The majority of the human race DOESN'T HAVE THIS LUXURY

Cheers man!
You are right, I would ne'er gainsay what you just said. But just because other people have problems of far greater proportions, doesn't erase one's own or render them invalid, so to speak. No condescension intended. I have tried to lay my worries to rest, and will re-evalute the results in three months time. The fact that I live in Norway easily makes me one of the more fortunate people in the World. I am grateful for what I have, although at times I need to remind myself of it.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
We may never know better, but surely we can experience worse.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
A long overdue update...

It has now been 6.27528804 months/191 days since I had my hair transplant.

Things are moving along not swimmingly, but somewhat decently.
I doubt I now have any more than 1000 grafts out of the total of 2000 implanted.
New hair is still sprouting and some immature hairs are steadily growing.

The sides are filling in "nicely", while the facade remains thin.

But I have to agree with the placement and the angle. IT IS HORRIFIC. Not every single strand, but the majority of them.
I reckon it will look better once my hair gains some length.

I am not pleased at all with the density thus far. Hoping for more.I am expecting 40%-60% more growth, if the doctor did his job, that is.

New hairs are in fact coming in, but it can not be seen in any of the photos.
And for some reason these hairs are MUCH thicker than my other hair.

DSC_0152.jpg
DSC_0153.jpg
DSC_0154.jpg

Koseu

Reaction score
It's nice to hear from you again! I was looking forward to you posting.

It looks so much better than the last pics you uploaded. However, I agree that the new hairs angle and placement seem a bit off, but will look nicer when longer. The density looks good, in my opinion, and it will be even better after another 6 months.

Congrats man!

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gratz. . honestly i thought you made a bad decision, seems like i was wrong. happy growing :)

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
How is your native hair reacting to the meds btw? Did you see any thickening?
Grats on the growth. :)

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been off Propecia due to shortage of money, just got back on it a few days ago.
I think Propecia helped my frontal region, but in a way worsened or at least did not make the crown are any better.

As for the results, I am dissapointed. Not entirely, just not content. And the angle of the grafts are semi-decent, no more.
Some are afwul, some are good. Still have another 6 months of growing and maturing though.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the angle of the hairs are not so nice, but at least I am experiencing new hair growth. Not much, but it's definitely gaining in density.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So your hair transplant has kinda made a Widows peak?
Friend I think it looks pretty cool, now all you need is those temples restored and you would look amazing.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
So your hair transplant has kinda made a Widows peak?
Friend I think it looks pretty cool, now all you need is those temples restored and you would look amazing.
I will definitely have some more work done on the temples. But not before a year or two. Tis' an expensive affair, to be sure.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Another update, and yet again: loong-overdue...

It has now been a total of 240 days (just about 8 months) since I had my hair transplant.
I recently shaved my head down to a millimeter, in order to much more clearly show the follicles to you.
It seems most has grown in, I would say around 1300-1500 grafts, which is less than he promises me, but still not too bad either.

I will be going to Hasson and Wong in Canada next year, around November, tot have another 1000-3000 grafts done, some more work.

What do you think... any thoughts, opinions? It doesn't look half bad, right? Or...? It seems pretty even, though still too thin.

Thank you very much!

DSC_0045.jpgDSC_0046.jpgDSC_0047.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

After having exhausted of all my donor hair (if I keep on balding, that is), I will resort to SMP, if I must, so be it...
(but no more FUT prodecures for me, haha... no, thank you!)

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good right now, and it will look even better when you grow it out. I really think you should get on minoxidil and finasteride, but that is just my opinion. Good luck buddy!

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
You simply had too large area for a very good coverage with 2000 grafts. If you would have opted for a higher and more conservative hairline, the density would have been better.
A good lesson, "don't be greedy"...

But,... if you grow it out long, i think it can look quite good.