19 Years of age: Norwood 2-3 (is there anybody out there).

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm happy for you.
Thank you very much. So far, so good, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

New photos...

In addition to the hears you can see, there are a bunch you cannot. I have both stubble and quite a few very fine hairs appearing.

DSC_0052.jpgDSC_0053.jpgDSC_0054.jpgDSC_0055.jpgDSC_0056.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

New photos...

In addition to the hairs you can see, there are a bunch you cannot (about half). I have both stubble and quite a few very fine hairs appearing.

DSC_0052.jpgDSC_0053.jpgDSC_0054.jpgDSC_0055.jpgDSC_0056.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I know, I am loosing my other hair. But maybe Propecia will buy me a few years.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Once your restored hairline fills in you are going to have a real nice looking head of hair. Put your part of the work in and continue to stay positive. All the best.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
Things are starting to get interesting, good luck!

Koseu

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that it will look a whole lot better in a year, but you might need an additional hair transplant for more density. It hard to say right now. I have a few questions though.

I thought you would only fill in the temples with the hair transplant, so i was surprised to see the pictures where you also had transplanted hair in the middle of your forehead. Was your hairline, before the receding started happening, that low or did you just want a really low hairline?

I was also wondering how people react to your new hairline. Do people notice the difference and what are their comments?

You did some really risky stuff, but I think and hope it will pay off in a year. Best of luck in the future and keep us updated. I am really interested in how you hair develops in the next year.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think the doctor who transplanted your hair did a very good job, it doesn't look very natural. However it is early days and your hair seems to be improving day by day and hopefully it will look good in the end :) How come you got a transplant in the first place, was minoxidil and finasteride failing to work for you?

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think the doctor who transplanted your hair did a very good job, it doesn't look very natural. However it is early days and your hair seems to be improving day by day and hopefully it will look good in the end :) How come you got a transplant in the first place, was minoxidil and finasteride failing to work for you?
I had a hair transplant because I was sick and tired of how my lack of a decent hairline made me feel and look. The hair in the front was very thin and brittle, and it looked not very nice. It made me feel old and ugly. Hence the hair transplant procedure. It looks natural enough if you ask me, maybe not the exact placement of the hairline (although many people have hairlines like the one I now have), but the directions the hairs are growing seems a-okay to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure that it will look a whole lot better in a year, but you might need an additional hair transplant for more density. It hard to say right now. I have a few questions though.

I thought you would only fill in the temples with the hair transplant, so i was surprised to see the pictures where you also had transplanted hair in the middle of your forehead. Was your hairline, before the receding started happening, that low or did you just want a really low hairline?

I was also wondering how people react to your new hairline. Do people notice the difference and what are their comments?

You did some really risky stuff, but I think and hope it will pay off in a year. Best of luck in the future and keep us updated. I am really interested in how you hair develops in the next year.
My hairline natural actually was half a centimeter lower, believe it or not. I had just lost all the hair in the front, and not only the temples.

No one knows. Depression has gotten the better of me, so I have spent the last 3-5 years mainly by myself, in my room. I do well at camouflaging it, so no worries there. No one suspects a thing. But things are starting to look up now. And no, I am not some manic-depressive, heh.

Yes, that I know, I fully agree. I should have acted in a more cautious manner, to be sure. I will keep you updated. Hopefully in 3 months time, my hairline will be denser and all that jazz.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
With each passing day, new hairs are emerging. Though it will take some time for them to become actually visible to the eye and for it to be clearly appearing on the photos.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm freaking out now. I tried pulling on one of the transplanted hairs with a pair of tweezers, and it actually dislodged with a bulb attached at the end, and these hairs were actually thick and mature-looking. Is this normal? Thus far, 5 hairs have come out, and I apply no force whatsoever. Please respond. I literally feel sick to my stomach...

donyell

Reaction score
Who was the doctor that worked on you?

He gave a young patient a FUT hair transplant on the hairline with not enough density....this is very troubling. I hope for you that results get better with time.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Who was the doctor that worked on you?

He gave a young patient a FUT hair transplant on the hairline with not enough density....this is very troubling. I hope for you that results get better with time.
The doctor was Prasert Seesillapachai. I think the average amount of grafts per square cm is somewhere between 35 and 80, though not sure of the exacts. I had 32. That should be enough to simulate a dense (but still a bit thin) hairline.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of my grafts are 1's (isn't that unusual?)...

2000 grafts, 3500 hairs.

just an approximate:

- 1's = 1200
- 2's = 600
- 3's = 200

Does that seem reasonable?

Vpelli

Reaction score
Wow, id be way too scared to do a hairtransplant at your age, what did you do after the transplant? I suppose your in college, did you stop going to lessons for some time? Anyways the effort and risk your putting in your hair is really astounding, i wish you alot of succes!

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember chancing upon some forum not so long ago, concerning my hair transplant doctor (Prasert Seesillapachai).
There was this person who'd had surgery done to him by yours truly, Dr. Seesillapachai. I remember reading he not
only had 1 transplant done, but two. Its the same with me - as I have already had one, and he now wants me to come
back for a second one. He told me (before) the transplant will be a little thin and maybe not dense enough ( why the hell would ANYONE give their patient a hair transplant they know will be thin and lacking density?), but dense enough to
simulate at least a semi-dense head of hair, as well as covering the scalp. This makes me awfully suspicious. I have a notion this
could be some sort of a sales-trick, in order to make sure the customer returns later on, in order the maximize their own profits.
I know I am already VERY early in, but I can't help but fear the possibilty that he just might be a charlatan of some sort.
Yes, my hair is growing and new hairs are appearing, but still...

I have been informed I have somewhere between 3500 - 5000 grafts left.

I should have heeded your words, to be sure.
But my idiot-self paid little attention.
All is not lost, for I still have time and there is a possibility it's going to end on a good note.
I have played the fool, have I not?

Am I contemplating overmuch?
Can you see a light at the end of the tunnel for me?
Should it fail, I will next time consult a HIGHLY_RECOMMENDED surgeon, and not the "butcher of Bangkok" (I'm probably overreacting, but I can't help feeling angry at myself and at him).

What matters it. In the end I am doomed for failure, am I not...

What say you?

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
What the **** are you talking about?

Please type like a normal person.

Thanks.
Firstly, can you read? Secondly, can you read english? I am only trying to express my feelings on the matter. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, id be way too scared to do a hairtransplant at your age, what did you do after the transplant? I suppose your in college, did you stop going to lessons for some time? Anyways the effort and risk your putting in your hair is really astounding, i wish you alot of succes!
I thank you. This process really is killing me. HOPEFULLY it will prove worth the time.

changinglights12

Reaction score
Firstly, can you read? Secondly, can you read english? I am only trying to express my feelings on the matter. Thanks.

You just said, "Firstly, can you read?"

You're not using correct or proper grammar. You're trying to sound intelligent and clever, but you just sound really stupid.

"I have played the fool, have I not?"

"Am I contemplating overmuch?"
"Can you see a light at the end of the tunnel for me?"

Just read the posts you make.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
You just said, "Firstly, can you read?"

You're not using correct or proper grammar. You're trying to sound intelligent and clever, but you just sound really stupid.

"I have played the fool, have I not?"

"Am I contemplating overmuch?"
"Can you see a light at the end of the tunnel for me?"

Just read the posts you make.
Did it ever cross your mind that english might not be my mother-tongue? No? Why so hostile? I write however way I see fit. Your words mean nothing to me. Did you really come here to correct my grammar. Is that it? Judging by your other posts, you seem like quite a miserable and aimless person. Did you join this forum only to bring people down in order to raise your own self-confidence? If so... that's just too pitiful. Thirdly, have you forgotten your manners? This is hardly the courtesy due an upstanding mammal...

Ahhhhhh, you big gorillas - loud, proud, confident and male - oh so very testosterone packed you are. And oh so very proud of your hetrosexuality and dominance over the sad sack rest of us. You don't need no book learnin or skills that have taken time to learn - coz you can rule the world with your aggression and might and manly aura of dominance.

- - - Updated - - -

I will be taking 100 days off from posting updates or photos on my forum.
That means I will take no pictures for 3 months, more or less.

I mean no ill by this. I just need to lay off for some time, and direct my
focus/attention on other things in my life. Fix things.

I am starting to question my own sanity, when it comes to my hair.
Hence for what the coming days are concerned, I will try and lay my
worries to rest and do something else for a change.

I am NOT abandoning this thread.
Again, I'll be back, and hopefully with a greater head of hair.

Peace.