19 Years of age: Norwood 2-3 (is there anybody out there).

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
3 weeks post-op.

As far as my progress is concerned, there is nothing more to be reported. Hairs are more rapidly shedding and scabs are almost all gone now, but other than that - nil.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_0029.jpg

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
1 month later.

It' been a whole month. My oh my, has the time flown by.
Nothing much has changed, I am still loosing hairs in the transplant area.
As of now things are quite static. The donor wound is healing well, so it seems.

2 more months, and maybe, just maybe I will see some new growth.

I do however look even balder than what I did pre-hair transplant...

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Great read and story, good to see you keep updating this thread :)
Of course. I will keep updating throughout the year of 2014, and perhaps beyond, if necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

As of late a few pimples/pastules/pustules/bumps have been popping up around my hairline.

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
Hair transplant @ Age 19 ? :nono:

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair transplant @ Age 19 ? :nono:
I am 20. Had the hair transplant at 20 years of age, was 19 when I started this thread. But still, why the :nono:? Of course I will only keep loosing my hair, and the pattern to me seems quite obvious. I for one, refuse to remain miserable in my early twenties, I have enough worries as it is. I find waiting another 5-10 years preposterous. Simply something I could not do. Thanks for caring to read my thread nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess what? I just got a message in my inbox from a user by the name of "dossan". This is what he said:

icon10.png
Fail transplant

Haha, your transplant looks like ****ing ****! :D

- His so-called opinion weighs far too lightly on the scales for my taste. It matters not. What do you think? I for one, pity this clearly uneducated fool.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you should report him to the admins

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
did you discuss with the surgeon whether you will need future transplants?

I'm just wondering what will happen in years to come if you lose more hair then you will have the strip at the front but thinning on the rest of your head

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
did you discuss with the surgeon whether you will need future transplants?

I'm just wondering what will happen in years to come if you lose more hair then you will have the strip at the front but thinning on the rest of your head
Yes, I did discuss this with my surgeon. For the time being, I was told to continue taking/using both Propecia and Minoxidil. My next hair transplant surgery or rather consultation/check-up, if needed, is on the 14th. of November/December 2014.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I find it depressing how bad my hair looks now, due to the shockloss mainly. Think I'll just buzz off the rest and keep it that length until the 3rd. month.

- - - Updated - - -

Buzz-cut complete!

DSC_0006[1].jpg

This look I will keep until the 3rd-5th. month, as much as it pains me...

- - - Updated - - -

Buzz-cut complete!

DSC_0006[1].jpg

This look I will keep until the 3rd-5th. month, as much as it pains me...

der29

Established Member
Reaction score
op is going to regret. you had a Norwood 2.5 without diffuse thinning...shouldve just gone on finasteride or dutasteride and maintained what you had which was a decent set of hair. That hair transplant is going to **** you over in a couple of years. Only true Norwood 5-7s should seek a hair transplant. btw what the **** is up with your left eye.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to say this, but I'm inclined to agree. You had a decent NW2 (or thereabouts) hairline, not perfect, but not bad either. I'm not sure if this hair transplant will ultimately improve the appearance of your hair/ No respectable surgeon will ever perform a hair transplant on anyone who has been on finasteride for less than a year. I don't want a hair transplant, but my consultant (a surgeon) will only perform a hair transplant on people who have been on finasteride for a minimum of two years. The fact that your surgeon performed the operation on a 19 year old kid who hadn't even been on finasteride for 6 months does not bode well... Maybe it will be fine, maybe the new NW1.5 hairline will look great... But I have my doubts. I wish you luck, but I think you were impatient, and it may come back to bite you on the ***...

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
op is going to regret. you had a Norwood 2.5 without diffuse thinning...shouldve just gone on finasteride or dutasteride and maintained what you had which was a decent set of hair. That hair transplant is going to **** you over in a couple of years. Only true Norwood 5-7s should seek a hair transplant. btw what the **** is up with your left eye.
That my friend is called a birthmark, if the brown spot it what you are referring to.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to say this, but I'm inclined to agree. You had a decent NW2 (or thereabouts) hairline, not perfect, but not bad either. I'm not sure if this hair transplant will ultimately improve the appearance of your hair/ No respectable surgeon will ever perform a hair transplant on anyone who has been on finasteride for less than a year. I don't want a hair transplant, but my consultant (a surgeon) will only perform a hair transplant on people who have been on finasteride for a minimum of two years. The fact that your surgeon performed the operation on a 19 year old kid who hadn't even been on finasteride for 6 months does not bode well... Maybe it will be fine, maybe the new NW1.5 hairline will look great... But I have my doubts. I wish you luck, but I think you were impatient, and it may come back to bite you on the ***...
There was nothing decent about my hairline, not even mediocre. I did in fact have to style my hair a certain way, in order to make it look somewhat "nice". I just couldn't take it any more.

Maybe, maybe not. I've already chosen the path before me. I know its a mighty controversial matter, having it at such a young age.
But if the surgeon and his qualified team did their job, then all will go well. Its not like it isn't going to work on me because of my age. Heck, the condition of my donor-hair I am sure is quite a lot better than that of someone relatively older than me.

As long as I have a healthy donor-hair, the surgeons did their job and I continue on Propecia and Minoxidil, things will go just fine. And yes, I will keep thinning and balding in the future, but what matters it?
I still have much donor hair to go on, and if it just so were to happen I'd run out, I have PLENTY of body hair to compensate for the "loss".

I use the "Bernestein Medical Guide Pre Op FUT Hair Transplant Surgery" as a thing of comparison. Thus far, everything is going according to what it states is going to take place after having a hair transplant done.
I doubt international and well-known hospitals would go to the trouble of hiring an amateur.

My experience with them was pleasant. They took well care of me, offered a psychologist if need be, after-care, answered my every question, and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

U have good hairs man... Unlike mine m 19 years too but my hairrs really bull****
My hair has been this way since the age of 17, I think. I cannot stand balding and thinning in the front. I'd rather grow a bald spot on top. What is your hair like?

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Month 2.

- If I am not entirely blind, I am starting to notice some new growth, but very insignificant, as I am still shedding for the most part. Some of the hairs are getting quite long, even though I've had 2 buzz-cuts thus far.

- Still on Propecia and Minoxidil 5%.

- I use Selsun anti-dandruff shampoo, for battling my merciless case of dandruff (it has been like this for years now, and I've finally decided to do something about it).

- Hairline is still looking nice.

One more month or so to go...

Skjermbilde (12).jpg

DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0002.jpgDSC_0003.jpgDSC_0004.jpg