18 Months On Finasteride And No Success. What To Do Now?

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks the same. Barely any scalp showing when your hair is soaked-stop with the drama.
Dude my hair is def worse, and I forgot because I’m not a nw15 you are gonna be a douche and I have a massive scar on my head from a car accident that is around my hairline now so sorry if I’m in no rush to keep losing hair

givemeregrowth

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you draw a line on these pictures where your hairline is supposed to be if you weren't balding? I'm very curious.

Logic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stay on it. Add all of this which is my regimen and I promise you will get 100 percent of your hair back.

Finasteride. No side effects at all.
Minoxidil morning and night. Plus .5 dermapen for absorbtion every morning.

I take Sawpalmetto(blocks dht), Pygeum(blocks dht), biotin. Coconut oil+cayenne pepper oil mixture every day or other day for 30 minutes or more.(cayenne blocks cannibinoids from marijuana use, which can cause hair loss. And it stimulates new hair growth).

I use an inversion table about 15 to 30 minutes a day spread out in like 5 minute increments.

I massage coconut oil with a brush on my scalp for around 10 minutes a day or other day. Brush or fingertips. Doesnt matter.
Also I do fingernail rubbing around 10 minutes a day throughout the day.(stimulates the hair follicles).

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I just wet my hair and I probably lost 100 hairs if I was to guess my hair loss is definitely diffuse because my whole scalp is a lot thinner than it was even if it’s not terrible yet it’s a lot thinner than when I started
I had extremely thick hair and it got thinner throughout so ppl don't get when you tell em its thinning as they see a decent amount of hair but not what you are used to see which is much more density and less scalp showing.

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I just wet my hair and I probably lost 100 hairs if I was to guess my hair loss is definitely diffuse because my whole scalp is a lot thinner than it was even if it’s not terrible yet it’s a lot thinner than when I started

What happened in the end?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I couldn't see any difference. I think in all those months you maintained the hairs and I should say your are fine and finasteride is working IMO.

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update, my hairline slowly is receding and getting worse, but slowly. It still bothers me, and I’m debating whether I should start minoxidil or not. I use tea tree shampoo but I’m certain that does nothing lol. Hard to see in the pics but I lose overall density and hairline recedes slowly. On finasteride for about 2 and a half years

Attachments

• 117C2638-7F56-493B-8523-78C63BD77EBA.jpeg
    117C2638-7F56-493B-8523-78C63BD77EBA.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 269
  • 28F3FE64-A7BD-4FDA-8E95-883642154DE6.jpeg
    28F3FE64-A7BD-4FDA-8E95-883642154DE6.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 318

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One more thing to add. I do believe I overthink/ think my situation is worse than it is becusse I have a big scar that goes into my hairline in the corners where thinning so it makes it look worse

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would kill for your current hair tbh. Add in pumpkin seed oil and saw palmetto on the daily for month then get your hormones measured. In fact, you might want to get it measured now, go on the SP and PS and then get it measured again, you want to make sure the meds are having the desired effect. Add in ketacozonole ideally cream or at least the 2% shampoo. Don't panic your hair is awesome and you still have plenty of options left for treatment.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One more thing to add. I do believe I overthink/ think my situation is worse than it is becusse I have a big scar that goes into my hairline in the corners where thinning so it makes it look worse
Post better pictures with descent lighting from all angles. You might very well have bdd and been taking finasteride for no reason. Hair looks fine to me

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
C
Post better pictures with descent lighting from all angles. You might very well have bdd and been taking finasteride for no reason. Hair looks fine to me[/Q
Post better pictures with descent lighting from all angles. You might very well have bdd and been taking finasteride for no reason. Hair looks fine to me
Sorry for asking but what is bdd?

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would kill for your current hair tbh. Add in pumpkin seed oil and saw palmetto on the daily for month then get your hormones measured. In fact, you might want to get it measured now, go on the SP and PS and then get it measured again, you want to make sure the meds are having the desired effect. Add in ketacozonole ideally cream or at least the 2% shampoo. Don't panic your hair is awesome and you still have plenty of options left for treatment.
Who would I even go to, to Check my hormones ??

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks the same. Keep on finasteride, dont stop.
BDD=body dismorphic disorder, worrying about something that does not exist

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update, my hairline slowly is receding and getting worse, but slowly. It still bothers me, and I’m debating whether I should start minoxidil or not. I use tea tree shampoo but I’m certain that does nothing lol. Hard to see in the pics but I lose overall density and hairline recedes slowly. On finasteride for about 2 and a half years

your hairline is completely fine and you have sh*t tons of hair. the most hair i've seen on this entire website. you are out of your mind. popping fina like candy for maybe a very very very slight hairline recession (if there is) ? damm im out of this website for the day, i've seen it all

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who would I even go to, to Check my hormones ??

Finasteride is a hormonal medicine, it works by inhibiting the body from producing the hormone DHT (more specifically it inhibits the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase which is the necessary catalyst for the production of DHT in the body, this enzyme also catalyses other chemical production in the body besides just DHT including some neuro-steroids whose function is somewhat murky). If your DHT isn't going down low enough that's why you'd still see losses. Don't panic you have a sh*t ton of hair left. How old are you? If you're under 23 IMO you're too young for fina

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is a hormonal medicine, it works by inhibiting the body from producing the hormone DHT (more specifically it inhibits the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase which is the necessary catalyst for the production of DHT in the body, this enzyme also catalyses other chemical production in the body besides just DHT including some neuro-steroids whose function is somewhat murky). If your DHT isn't going down low enough that's why you'd still see losses. Don't panic you have a sh*t ton of hair left. How old are you? If you're under 23 IMO you're too young for fina
I’m 23 and okay. I will look into it. Thank you for the information