15 Companies Developing Hair Loss Treatments And Their Current Statuses

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
You lose eyebrows from your hairloss too? Wow I never come across men who share a similar expeicne to me. I have met women who have.

Eyebrow hair loss is common in men with advanced androgenic alopecia. It is an extension of losing the temple points.

This is typical for many men who hit NW7 by 30 or 40 years old:

devintownsend_large.jpg

My sister has mild androgenic alopecia and she was applying minoxidil + RU to her scalp and eyebrows which has worked well. She has stopped because PRP (to scalp and eyebrows) has given her sufficient results she doesn't need to bother anymore. She's been a very strong PRP responder. (Much better than I was. It was only minimally effective for me. Chemicals do much better for me.)

In your case, your eyebrow thinning is likely a combination of your androgenic alopecia and your extremely severe iron deficiency. Probably ~50/50 or ~60/40 there.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Eyebrow hair loss is common in men with advanced androgenic alopecia. It is an extension of losing the temple points.

This is typical for many men who hit NW7 by 30 or 40 years old:

View attachment 76744

My sister has mild androgenic alopecia and she was applying minoxidil + RU to her scalp and eyebrows which has worked well. She has stopped because PRP (to scalp and eyebrows) has given her sufficient results she doesn't need to bother anymore. She's been a very strong PRP responder. (Much better than I was. It was only minimally effective for me. Chemicals do much better for me.)

In your case, your eyebrow thinning is likely a combination of your androgenic alopecia and your extremely severe iron deficiency. Probably ~50/50 or ~60/40 there.
Guess we will see after I get juiced up with ferretin tomorrow.

koolaidshade

Reaction score
wow, i've never ever complimented a female online before (not even social media friends or anything) but damn georgie you look good. And you seem smarter than most females i've met online and in real life. I'm sure most guys would be happy to date you even with your hair loss, but im also sure its not just about dating here, we all want our hair back as it is part of our identity.

How old are you? and why not just wear a hairpiece?

Also, do you feel any side effects on 2.5 mg oral minoxidil? like dizziniess, headaches, etc? im currently on that dosage for now, fingers crossed

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Georgie you would be hot even with a nwd7 head (and trust me I'm talking about your face characteristics), although I don't see any problem with you. And all these come from a balding guy who values the importance of hair on the opposite sex.
I did shave my hair off in 2016 and it looked weird. Trust me, bald on girls in never attractive, although I am SERIOUSLY considering shaving it off again in light of the f*****g gargantuan shed that I have begun on my 5th week taking avodart.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, hears ago i tried Bim for about 3 months on a test spot on my temple to see if it would help. Was expensive as f*** and didnt grow a thing.

Dirty_Harry

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did shave my hair off in 2016 and it looked weird. Trust me, bald on girls in never attractive, although I am SERIOUSLY considering shaving it off again in light of the f*****g gargantuan shed that I have begun on my 5th week taking avodart.

Yeah I'm sure that would be weird as f***, but that's natural for you to see that in this way. Lol I'm also a balding guy and for sure have the same fear and I can't shave that sh*t even if I'm still a nwd 2ish... Anyway I stand by what I said, plus it's pretty acceptable for women to wear wigs. I wouldn't give a damn if you wear one. Don't worry, better days gonna come...I Hope so

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guess we will see after I get juiced up with ferretin tomorrow.

To be absolutely correct, technically, we'll see 3-6 months AFTER you get juiced up with ferritin tomorrow, since hair loss does not arrest immediately even when the damaging cause (nutritional deficiency, androgenic damage) is fixed. It always takes a few months. Critically damaged hair will fall out no matter what you do because it is already critically damaged. The typical lag is about 3 months. With finasteride it takes 6 months for statistically significant results for this exact reason.

As I have told you before, you read way too much into your so call "sheds". Since you have been posting here (maybe 2 months?) I can't count how many sheds you've said you've had and how many things you've blamed for them.

It's not that I doubt you're losing hair, or that your hair loss is fluctuating. I am sure you are losing hair, and it goes through heavy and light periods. But I think you need to stop obsessing over that and trying to "divine" some greater meaning from it except that you obviously haven't fixed your underlying problems yet.

The way you describe it, a wind could blow on your head and it might trigger a shed. (Because you were probably going to have that shed no matter what.) Then would it be fair to blame the wind?

We've discussed all the possible causes of hair loss and the only two we've established likely apply to you are your severe iron deficiency and your androgenic damage. Possibly a third cause may be estrogen balance related, but that can't be evaluated until the first more obvious two are fixed.

I know I am repeating myself now, but you simply need to address both big issues adequately and then wait for the random ups and downs to smooth out. Even with a perfect regimen, you're probably going to keep having sheds for at least 3 months. And you still haven't addressed either problem properly yet. So of course you're still shedding. It doesn't mean anything more deeply than that.

Some people have constant steady hair loss. Others have hair loss that ebbs and flows. Fluctuations are more commonly the case in nutritional or stress related hair loss.

The only way things like dutasteride trigger sheds is if they are working very effectively and triggering an telogen efluvium predictive of regrowth, or theoretically, if they are increasing testosterone by blocking its conversion into DHT, which can make some areas more vulnerable (front and corners). The second possibility is theoretical, but is how some people explain continued or increased frontal/corner loss on finasteride/dutasteride. Either way, this med is not a good long term solution for you, and obsessing over these sheds is not productive or helpful to actually fixing the underlying problems.