15 Companies Developing Hair Loss Treatments And Their Current Statuses

Toccata

Banned
Reaction score
I collected the latest press clippings from fifteen hair loss companies and stitched together this list:
Screen_Shot_2017-07-30_at_1.46.29_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-07-30_at_1.46.47_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-07-30_at_1.47.35_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-07-30_at_1.47.59_AM.png

*Dedicated to hanginginthewire—I made a new thread because this doesn't offer any specific dates.
**Swoop mentions Tissuse's goal of starting clinical trials in 2017/18.

Last edited:

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What about that Rivertown Therapeutics thing? Anyone know if it's still living and breathing?

Not much on their Web page lately. Elaine Fuchs is one of their scientific advisors. She's a heavyweight in the area of skin cancer research and hair biology.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
This. There is only one near-term potential therapy - Follica. It is the only potential therapy that will both be available within the next three years and accessible in the US. Everything else is five or more years away. Fortunately, I am cautiously optimistic that Follica will come to market and that it will grow at least a Norwood.

What do you think Follica will do for diffusers?

abcdefg

Reaction score
yeah lets sum it up. Ill be honest if I was losing hair even early stages I would get on minoxidil and propecia or dutasteride without delay. I would not put much faith in timelines on these future things. There were timelines on products 20 years ago after finasteride came out. Until its all said and done things can and do change unpredictably.

replicel - long time
breezula- long time
polichem - long time
brotzu lotion - long time/never?

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Man this forum makes me feel bipolar as fuuuuuuck. On the day of the Tsuji email I was like could it be? The end is nigh? There's light at the end of the tunnel? And since then we have systematically dismantled every single "promising" treatment and smashed the remaining bits into smithereens. I started the upcoming treatment dates thread so we baldies could have SOMETHING to cling to.

I love it when plebs get desperate and say they are gonna give in and take propecia. Propecia doesn't do jack shiiiiiiiite my friends. Not for me anyway. I need you scientific/startup watchers to give hanginginthewire something to keep hope afloat before I end up hanging ON the wire, lol. You feel me?

Toccata

Banned
Reaction score
it's missing polichem
Hasson and Wong offer Topical Liposomal Finasteride in Europe now—if you dare.
Polichem will complete the Phase 3 study February 2018.

Allergen?
I listed Allergan. KYTH-105 (Seti) began a Phase 2 study June 29th 2016. It ends August 30th 2018.

I need you scientific/startup watchers to give hanginginthewire something to keep hope afloat before I end up hanging ON the wire, lol.

Looking at the Hair Congress schedule, I'm seeing:
George Cotsarelis: Follica's Scientific Advisor. (Seminar 1: Aderance? Did they misspell Aderans?)
Luis Garza: Worked with Cotsarelis in his lab. (Seminar 2)
Ohsang Kwon Keynote: He's published with Cots on Fgf9 and a ton of other compounds.
Jiro Kishimoto: Shiseido Doctor. Maybe something about Replicel. (Seminar 3: Shiseido)
Claire Higgins: Well-respected. Perhaps insights from her own lab. (Seminar 3: Shiseido)

But I don't know how much hope they have on offer, especially when it comes to release dates.

Last edited:

H

Reaction score
Man this forum makes me feel bipolar as fuuuuuuck. On the day of the Tsuji email I was like could it be? The end is nigh? There's light at the end of the tunnel? And since then we have systematically dismantled every single "promising" treatment and smashed the remaining bits into smithereens. I started the upcoming treatment dates thread so we baldies could have SOMETHING to cling to.

I love it when plebs get desperate and say they are gonna give in and take propecia. Propecia doesn't do jack shiiiiiiiite my friends. Not for me anyway. I need you scientific/startup watchers to give hanginginthewire something to keep hope afloat before I end up hanging ON the wire, lol. You feel me?
Lol don't think to much on it pal its how it always goes. It wouldn't matter if Tsuji, Follica, or anyone came out with definitive data, photos ,with no sides, and a definite release date taped right on a silver platter if it doesn't come out within 34 exact hours after the announcement people start getting edgy the obsession sets in delusions hallucinations conspiracies its a scam! Happens every time next time theirs an announcement watch for that 34th hour everyone turns by this time its the balding sickness... the B virus. I guilty of this also its pretty easy to contract my eyes turn pure red at 35 hours after...