zzzzz's 1 year dutasteride results

faskljdfoei

Reaction score
I wonder how much of your crazy fast regrowth between 4-5 months is because of dutasteride. It seems many of the intense regrowths happen with dutasteride, but I am afraid of it, Had minor sides on finasteride so far, which are going away...may not want to push my luck with dutasteride, though it seems my favorite regrowth stories are with dutasteride. For now, Ive got a year of finasteride saved up so I guess I should use that first...just hope im not wasting time not being on dutasteride.

Reaction score
no you are completely wrong. If you are taking dutasteride there is no reason to take finasteride. And there is no point in taking them topically and they may not even work topically

No no no..For some people, dutasteride and finasteride togehter work very well than alone finasteride or dutasteride.. Because finasteride and dutasteride inhibit different allels of 5 alpha reductase enyzme..

finasteride and dutasteride together completely inhibit skin DHT on scalp area..

If your hair follicles are still near to blood vessels, dutasteride and finasteride together work with amazing results..

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
zzzz, did you every consider starting with just dutasteride and see what happens before starting min?
Seeing as that's what you always recommend everyone to start with.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
zzzz, did you every consider starting with just dutasteride and see what happens before starting min?
Seeing as that's what you always recommend everyone to start with.

I wanted to start finasteride as early as june 2013 (I never used finasteride, and didn't end up using dutasteride until march 2014). I wasted 8 months trying to convince my doctor to give me a script for finasteride before dropping him. I used started minoxidil in November 2013 as I was going to start the big 3.

I recommend minoxidil right away to people in moderate stages of hairloss such as myself. I would never tell someone to wait to start minoxidil if they had potential for regrowth

I think in your case a lot of the regrowth is done to minoxidil, once you added dutasteride, minoxidil was allowed to flourish. If you dropped minoxidil, lot of those hairs would go.

Great results! I think this combo will keep working for you more or less.

I am beginning to think my results are minoxidil-based as well. My initial shed actually started 2 weeks before I started dutasteride..... about 3 and a half months after I started minoxidil. I am going through another shed now, will have to wait and see before I come to any conclusions

Aneik

Reaction score
Well,congrats to you mate...
Your story is really inspiring & the result seems much better than hair transplant.
Do you think RU is stronger than 5%minoxidil?
I mean can I get good results with 5% minoxidil?
Also,dutasteride is such a powerful drug (inhibits almost 90% DHT),so don't you feel any side effects at all?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am beginning to think my results are minoxidil-based as well. My initial shed actually started 2 weeks before I started dutasteride..... about 3 and a half months after I started minoxidil. I am going through another shed now, will have to wait and see before I come to any conclusions

Definitely you changed for the better. Even though your hairloss was aggressive and advanced, you had plenty of miniaturized hairs to work on.

minoxidil on it's own would have yielded good results but with your aggressive pattern, those minoxidil results would fall away quicker than usual imo. dutasteride has done the business here.

Good luck and keep us posted!

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well,congrats to you mate...
Your story is really inspiring & the result seems much better than hair transplant.
Do you think RU is stronger than 5%minoxidil?
I mean can I get good results with 5% minoxidil?
Also,dutasteride is such a powerful drug (inhibits almost 90% DHT),so don't you feel any side effects at all?

RU is totally different then minoxidil, their success is measured in different ways, and I am not sure. You can get regrowth with 5% minoxidil definitely, but it is impossble to have long term success with it alone. You need to use it in combo with an anti-androgen, such as finasteride,dutasteride, or RU. No I have felt zero side effects from dutasteride. I actually got a blood test to make sure the stuff was real after the first month and it is.

Adam87

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have dutasteride, but am very nervous about taking it and my hairline isnt great, im already o 5% ru +minoxidil but finasteride isnt doing anything for me on almost a full year....i want to jump on dutasteride but dont know the dose i should take....if its life is a few weeks do i need to take more than 0.5 every day...or can i take 0.5 every 3 days for example.....?
Thoughts please....

Thank you

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
I have dutasteride, but am very nervous about taking it and my hairline isnt great, im already o 5% ru +minoxidil but finasteride isnt doing anything for me on almost a full year....i want to jump on dutasteride but dont know the dose i should take....if its life is a few weeks do i need to take more than 0.5 every day...or can i take 0.5 every 3 days for example.....?
Thoughts please....

Thank you

anything over .5mg very 5 days will be more effective than finasteride. The studies use .5mg daily and this is what I use. Unlike with finasteride the higher the dosage per day the more effective it will be. Not by a whole lot, but slightly.
Just for my curiosity, why are u starting dueastride when you have already lost so much hair, just want to know why people start so late ?Dont get me wrong

I didn't know it was this bad. People would never tell me about my thinning hair, my friends, family never commented on it or anything. I wish people did so I would have caught it earlier. My hairline was almost perfect so I never noticed any signs. Then one day the hair dresser brought a mirror to the back of my head and I almost jumped out of my seat I was so shocked at the back of my head... then for almost a year I had trouble getting a script for finasteride until I finally just ordered dutasteride online without one

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
Just for my curiosity, why are u starting dueastride when you have already lost so much hair, just want to know why people start so late ?Dont get me wrong

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
How much would you say you regimen costs per year?

dutasteride generic = 1 dollar per day
minoxidil once daily, 50 cents per day
nizoral: 30 $ for 6 month bottle

the RU is between 1-3 dollars a day depending how u take it

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
dutasteride generic = 1 dollar per day
minoxidil once daily, 50 cents per day
nizoral: 30 $ for 6 month bottle

the RU is between 1-3 dollars a day depending how u take it

Thats pretty expensive :s .
Didnt you say you get your dutasteride from alldaychemist? Isnt it like 60 dollars for 90 tabs?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has your most recent shed stopped?

Not yet. It may of started slowly petering out the last 2 weeks but its still not at the low level of the 3-5 month point. However I posted pics of how my hair got much worse between end of august-end of September, the hair has regrown very much since then. Maybe not completely back to the end of august level of regrowth but I think it will catch up again after this shed is through and all the hairs from the shed begin growing in again. Its been over 2 months since this shed started and the shedding was definitely more severe throughout September than its been the last 3 weeks

Thats pretty expensive :s .
Didnt you say you get your dutasteride from alldaychemist? Isnt it like 60 dollars for 90 tabs?

I bought it from inhouse and when you buy in bulk (I bought a one year supply) it is only 96c per pill

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome regrowth. Just wondering what your hair dresser said the last time you got your hair cut :D