zzzzz's 1 year dutasteride results

abutton

Reaction score
Your story is amazing and has sealed my decision to switch from finasteride to duta; although my problem is hairline primarily.

Can I ask; which type of generic dutasteride did you purchase from inhouse? I know it might seem paranoid, but I want to make sure to get ones that have been used and verified as the real deal.

A quick response would be great. I want to purchase these asap.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your story is amazing and has sealed my decision to switch from finasteride to duta; although my problem is hairline primarily.

Can I ask; which type of generic dutasteride did you purchase from inhouse? I know it might seem paranoid, but I want to make sure to get ones that have been used and verified as the real deal.

A quick response would be great. I want to purchase these asap.

I use dr. reddys and bought it from the vu site of inhouse . its legit

Clavicle

Reaction score
I use dr. reddys and bought it from the vu site of inhouse . its legit

Hey, have you ordered from inHouse within the past two months because I searched up inhouse on the forum and one user was saying their Echeck affiliate has gone awol but somehow they still got their supply. Anyone else can reply if they've ordered recently.

Btw, you've sold me on switching to dutasteride (Cipla's though) thanks to this thread. Great results!

Edit: it was the user "Beaner" who made me paranoid about inhouse lately.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey zzzzzzz I also am using Dr. Reddys dutasteride from Inhouse

Right now i am on 1mg finasteride ED and 0.5mg dutasteride EOD, do you think i'd get better results by dropping finasteride and going all in on dutasteride?

I'm scared to lose the benefits of finasteride if i got any in the past year, and I don't have enough assurance that
Dr. Reddys dutasteride from Inhouse is legit

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey zzzzzzz I also am using Dr. Reddys dutasteride from Inhouse

Right now i am on 1mg finasteride ED and 0.5mg dutasteride EOD, do you think i'd get better results by dropping finasteride and going all in on dutasteride?

I'm scared to lose the benefits of finasteride if i got any in the past year, and I don't have enough assurance that
Dr. Reddys dutasteride from Inhouse is legit

its not that I think you would get better results but there is just no point in continuing to use finasteride while using dutasteride EOD.

And to the post by clavicle, I bought a year supply in May so no I have not ordered from them recently

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so you've been on dutasteride for 11 months now, are you making any more progress?

Clavicle

Reaction score
And to the post by clavicle, I bought a year supply in May so no I have not ordered from them recently

Yeah, I just got called by theEcheck an hour ago. Their 800 number goes straight to voicemail but if you return the call to the number of the employee you'll get your service in a matter of seconds. I should probably do a bulk order like you have to avoid any headaches.

bananabus

Reaction score
Well done mate. I've been on dutasteride since August 2014 after 15 months on finasteride. Just had my first shed in 6 months. Hair is far superior on dutasteride then it was on finasteride.

fnamna

Reaction score
great story,
its almost been a year since that posting
since you still taking Avodart do you still have heavy shading but hair also regrows?

i'm asking because this is the 2nd month on Avodart and still losing a big amount of hair, and i cant take this anymore. i remember when started using Propecia then on 2nd day shedding already stopped. also when was on Propecia then noticed that on the sink sometimes saw 2 pieces of hair coming out of one hair follicle, which was a sign that hair is regrowing and i think should have used Rogian to increase the regrowth.

im loosing my hair line which is why not sure if can keep going with Avodart for at least six months.

if please replay and let me know your answer

thanks

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
hasn't appeared to really improved much since last update, I went through a horrible shed in September and October which made my hair much worse, and now that has grown back in and looks like the last update more or less.

Hey zzzzz, could it be partly possible that stopping RU58841 is what has been causing you to go through the horrible shed other than not being able to use topical Minoxidil for a week and a half?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey zzzzz, could it be partly possible that stopping RU58841 is what has been causing you to go through the horrible shed other than not being able to use topical Minoxidil for a week and a half?

it could be either that caused it but I'm going to just guess it's more likely the minoxidil. Since additional AR inhibition over dutasteride that the RU provided probably wasn't significant (which is why I stopped it)

- - - Updated - - -

great story,
its almost been a year since that posting
since you still taking Avodart do you still have heavy shading but hair also regrows?

i'm asking because this is the 2nd month on Avodart and still losing a big amount of hair, and i cant take this anymore. i remember when started using Propecia then on 2nd day shedding already stopped. also when was on Propecia then noticed that on the sink sometimes saw 2 pieces of hair coming out of one hair follicle, which was a sign that hair is regrowing and i think should have used Rogian to increase the regrowth.

im loosing my hair line which is why not sure if can keep going with Avodart for at least six months.

if please replay and let me know your answer

thanks

I still shed a lot. But my hair does not get worse. Shedding is normal don't worry about it

Pietjeee

Reaction score
Is that the truth zzzzz, from what I always heard each follicle has like 20 times a hair will grow back in a lifetime.
So when you shed a lot all follicles got their 20 laps in like 30 years for example?
Or am I wrong about this point?

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
Since additional AR inhibition over dutasteride that the RU provided probably wasn't significant (which is why I stopped it)
The mechanism of RU vs Dutasteride is a totally different one. While Dutasteride inhibits 5-ar and does not antagonise the androgen receptor (AR), RU does not inhibit 5-ar but competitively antagonises the androgen receptor. And it is the androgen receptor where the action takes place. So, I would not drop the androgen receptor antagonist in the first place; for it is the most effective mechanism. All else comes in at 2nd place (because other androgens beside DHT can trigger the androgen receptor too, and dutasteride does not take care of them). Nevertheless, a 5-ar inhibitor is still useful, alongside the AR antagonist.

massa

Banned
Reaction score
The mechanism of RU vs Dutasteride is a totally different one. While Dutasteride inhibits 5-ar and does not antagonise the androgen receptor (AR), RU does not inhibit 5-ar but competitively antagonises the androgen receptor. And it is the androgen receptor where the action takes place. So, I would not drop the androgen receptor antagonist in the first place; for it is the most effective mechanism. All else comes in at 2nd place (because other androgens beside DHT can trigger the androgen receptor too, and dutasteride does not take care of them). Nevertheless, a 5-ar inhibitor is still useful, alongside the AR antagonist.

Are you saying RU is useful against androgens other than DHT such as Testosterone which may have an effect on hair follicles

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
Are you saying RU is useful against androgens other than DHT such as Testosterone which may have an effect on hair follicles
Yes, this is what a receptor antagonist is supposed to do: it block any activation of the receptor, not just by i.e. DHT. So, if RU is doing what it is supposed to do,it in theory would be a good additional arsenal.
I would still add CB-03-01 if it becomes commercially available to my regiment alongside an 5-alpha reductase inhibitor just to be on the save side, but all the hassle that RU brings doesn't outweight it.
Yeah this is what I mean. RU or not, RU is merely exemplary of a whole cathegory of drugs (AR antagonists) here. CB would be great indeed. BTW I have tried Dutasteride.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Read the four year study on Dutasteride conducted in Korea. It shows that Dutasteride is bulletproof solution to Androgenetic Alopecia. 99.4% of the participants were at or above baseline.

Adding a topical androgenic agent is most likely not gonna add anything in addition to the DHT castration that Dutasteride is doing.

This explains why I stopped it. dutasteride permanently stops hairloss by itself, so why would I ever need RU on top of that? RU will not give me regrowth because that is not the purpose or main benefit of the drug. My hairloss is already stopped by the dutasteride. There was no point in continuing

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read the four year study on Dutasteride conducted in Korea. It shows that Dutasteride is bulletproof solution to Androgenetic Alopecia. 99.4% of the participants were at or above baseline.

Adding a topical androgenic agent is most likely not gonna add anything in addition to the DHT castration that Dutasteride is doing. Moreover, RU is not commercially available and combined with it's mostly anecdotal evidence it's not a reliable gun to use against Androgenetic Alopecia.

I've read the all RU studies, and the studies conducted by the company that purchased RU afterwards. I agree they seem promising. But lets not forget that you've no clue whatsoever if every batch of RU is consistent in its purity and you also have a vehicle problem when pursuing such treatment.

I would still add CB-03-01 if it becomes commercially available to my regiment alongside an 5-alpha reductase inhibitor just to be on the save side, but all the hassle that RU brings doesn't outweight it.

Where can i read this study?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where can i read this study?

Yes I am aware of that study also, I'm not going to bother finding it. Yes the results really are that good (99.4%) but also Asians typically respond much better to anti androgens than Caucasians or other races. Not that I think it makes that big of a difference though. Maybe a few percent, max.