zzzzz's 1 year dutasteride results

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I am aware of that study also, I'm not going to bother finding it. Yes the results really are that good (99.4%) but also Asians typically respond much better to anti androgens than Caucasians or other races. Not that I think it makes that big of a difference though. Maybe a few percent, max.

Lol.. Asians generally have diffuse hairloss, maybe thats the reason why they respond well

And what about ashkenazi jews, how do they respond? I'm balding because of my jewish origins (just 1/4 of my blood)

I think ashkenazi jews have the worst % in terms of balding men

gsxrexx

Reaction score
^ this is what ive been trying to find out if certain ethnicities respond better
i know he said asians but im thinking chinese/japs far east type

any results on users from north india/pakistan? people with indo-aryan blood/features?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.gsk-clinicalstudyregister.com/study/113797#rs

anyone know what is the difference between Adverse events (AE) and Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR)?

Adverse drug reaction is an established side effect to the drug. For example, watery semen and gynae can definitely be caused by finasteride/dutasteride, physiologically explained. Adverse event is when a patient/doctor reports something which is not on the official listed side effects to the drug - so there is no cause/effect relationship established.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive got DUGEN Dutasteride 0.5mg (Genpharma), bought from the now closed aclepsa.com.

These pills are white, are they genuine? Taste a lil toxic too.

I recently used dutas (late jan 15) after being on finasteride for 3 years and i I've started to lose hair at my temples since a week ago, my once okay looking temples are now sparse.

Is this due to the dutas shedding effect or..... possibility that after 2 mths of not taking finasteride, im starting to lose my hair?

diffuse2007

Reaction score
hey man how is your hair holding up? i turned 20 this year and i have been diffusing in a nw7 pattern since 17 and my hair looked the same as yours before treatment i have been on 0.5mg dutasteride ed, ru 50mg ed, nizoral and minoxidil for 4 months and iv had good regrowth similar to yours but i have very aggressive hairloss father was nw7 by 28 and i'm worried the regrowth is only temporary and it will eventually catch up with me

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
slap on some toppik and you will be fine, no hair transplant needed
nice results, its stuff like this that makes me wish (sort of) my male pattern baldness was crown thinning. meds work so much better in that area

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your update zzzzz.

No offense zzzzz, but what what is it with people? What I mean is, you were losing crown hair, but no one ever pointed out that you were thinning and had no idea until your hair dresser put a mirror to the back of your head. The only conclusion that I can come up with is that people thought you knew you were thinning and just accepted that you were losing your hair.

I'm glad that treatments have been working well for you. I will admit that it's too bad recovering your crown hair has been difficult. I hope it continues to get better!

About treatments, wow, the Dutasteride is so strong. I've currently been on that treatment for only a little over two and a half months and there is already a huge difference. I have thinning in a NW6 pattern and the frontal hair follicles are incredibly sensitive; however, thanks to Dutasteride, the frontal hair follicles have actually stopped being so sensitive. I've read your posts before stating how Dutasteride is so strong, and I now understand exactly what you've been talking about. I'm so glad I got on Dutasteride.

Again, thank you for your update, thank you for your help, I hope your crown gets better! :)

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yea I haven't been able to get my hands on the high quality camera yet but I took low quality ones to compare with the old here are some

something to note is my hair was much longer in the 4 month pic than either the 1 year or before pic, but I made sure to take the exact same haircut and length for the 1 year pic as before pic

Yes it hasn't improved much in 8 months. As you can see I went through a shed in September that made my hair worse that I have since recovered from

I never expected it to totally fill in anyway obviously. I'm happy with the results and am fine with no further regrowth. When I can afford it (probably not for like 5 years+ when I have my own career) I will be getting a hairtransplant to fill in whats left

Holy mother of follicular rejuvenation, THIS IS LEGITIMATELY THE MOST AWESOMEST THING I HAVE SEEN TODAY!!!!!!!

Welp, i guess their are some quirks of High DHT. No side effects and a fantastic beard :D

Btw i had that same shirt

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, freaking awesome update.

I would advise against the hair transplant. We're both the same age and fortunate because there WILL be a treatment (CB, Bim, Set) or maybe even a cure (RepliCel) by 2020. dutasteride will hold you over until then. My question to you is how you were so patient over the past year? Did you look in the mirror everyday to gauge progress? I need to stop doing that.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even im confuesd TBH. He appears so damn cool and calm ALL THE FING!! TIME. Let it be trolls or just plain ol misinformed newbies, he is ALWAYS so damn calm when clearing their doubts or just taking down a brawl.

Its like, he is one of those old kung fu masters from those movies, who are humble and all but will swoop your *** down if its needed.

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
Even im confuesd TBH. He appears so damn cool and calm ALL THE FING!! TIME. Let it be trolls or just plain ol misinformed newbies, he is ALWAYS so damn calm when clearing their doubts or just taking down a brawl.

Its like, he is one of those old kung fu masters from those movies, who are humble and all but will swoop your *** down if its needed.
Exactly!

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy mother of follicular rejuvenation, THIS IS LEGITIMATELY THE MOST AWESOMEST THING I HAVE SEEN TODAY!!!!!!!

Welp, i guess their are some quirks of High DHT. No side effects and a fantastic beard :D

Btw i had that same shirt

I have low serum DHT I had it tested before treatment it was only 22 units in a reference range of 18-72 for my age group. My testosterone is similar (360-390 in a range of like 290-1000)

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, freaking awesome update.

I would advise against the hair transplant. We're both the same age and fortunate because there WILL be a treatment (CB, Bim, Set) or maybe even a cure (RepliCel) by 2020. dutasteride will hold you over until then. My question to you is how you were so patient over the past year? Did you look in the mirror everyday to gauge progress? I need to stop doing that.

yea I did, but after my first few months of regrowth I was so satisfied with my hair that it didn't bother me anymore And we'll see as I said I wouldn't be able to get the hair transplant for year, if there are new developments and options like that on the horizon I would delay, but I'm not too optimistic about future breakthroughs in hairloss in the coming years

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad that treatments have been working well for you. I will admit that it's too bad recovering your crown hair has been difficult. I hope it continues to get better!

I woulnt say it's been difficult my crown was almost completely bald before, now even under unfavorable lighting its not too bad

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Caucasian

English/irish/italian

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have low serum DHT I had it tested before treatment it was only 22 units in a reference range of 18-72 for my age group. My testosterone is similar (360-390 in a range of like 290-1000)

Makes you think doesn't it. Low DHT and follicles still getting destroyed. dutasteride has probably meant you have literally no DHT now lol.