You think this guy is balding ?

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully he reads this site and gets on finasteride. But the dude is so good looking I think he can wear a dead cat on his head and still pick up tons of chicks.

s.a.f

Reaction score
hairrific said:
Our grandparents were told and believed that "it is normal to lose some of your teeth in your old age". And indeed they did lose they're teeth allot back then!

We now know IT IS NOT NORMAL, and through proper maintenance and sometimes medical intervention we can keep all our hair, I mean all our teeth in good shape for our entire lives. And I will add to that: ....no matter what our genetic make up is prone to.

So if it works for teeth....

That has to be the dumbest statement I've ever seen on here. :roll:

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
I just hate it when my grandparents or some old fart or some brain washed young people say "ah its normal......" Normal, normal, normal, what hopelessness, as in lets just accept it and move on.

Wouldn't you freak out if your dentist told you "ah its normal to lose a few teeth"

It is not normal to lose our hair at any age. It is common but it is not normal.

In industrialized nations it is not normal to lose our teeth at any age. It is common in some poor nations however.

One day if hair sciences advance like dentistry did then we should be able to keep all our hair like we can now can keep all our teeth.

Bet you I am right s.a.f!

CCS

Reaction score
follicle84 said:
I've read some where you dont know your going bald until you have lost 50% of your hair.

You can see the difference between 90% and 100%. But if you thin from 100% to 90%, and are not looking at two heads of hair in front of you, you will not notice you've thinned. You will think you were always that way. Other people will just notice you are not as thick as someone else, but will think you are the same you always were. But when you get to 50%, that is when you really know that you are thinning, since you are sure you remember being thicker than that.

When doctors tell you they only need to give you 50% density to look like full density, that simply is not true. The truth is just that if you are thinning, you typically don't notice until you've lost half. Everyone else around you still see that you are thinner than the thick guy over there.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
CCS said:
follicle84 said:
I've read some where you dont know your going bald until you have lost 50% of your hair.

You can see the difference between 90% and 100%. But if you thin from 100% to 90%, and are not looking at two heads of hair in front of you, you will not notice you've thinned. You will think you were always that way. Other people will just notice you are not as thick as someone else, but will think you are the same you always were. But when you get to 50%, that is when you really know that you are thinning, since you are sure you remember being thicker than that.

When doctors tell you they only need to give you 50% density to look like full density, that simply is not true. The truth is just that if you are thinning, you typically don't notice until you've lost half. Everyone else around you still see that you are thinner than the thick guy over there.
Are you talking about Norwood spotters or Normal people? Norwood spotters like yourself are going to notice any percentage of hair loss but a normal person would not even notice thinning until you lost over 50 percent of you density. In my opinion if you can see scalp, you got real thin hair. If you cannot see scalp you have thick hair.

Fanjio

Reaction score
Another recent pic..

john1.jpg

Fanjio

Reaction score
hairrific said:
Photogenically speaking, looks like a good head of hair.

Yeah but what about the hairline ?

It may seem strange but I am so concerned abt this dude's hair is because I have always followed his trends. His long hair was a rage across Asia and he is the only reason I grew my hair long. And then he was the only reason I cut it short again.

s.a.f

Reaction score
hairrific said:
I just hate it when my grandparents or some old fart or some brain washed young people say "ah its normal......" Normal, normal, normal, what hopelessness, as in lets just accept it and move on.

Wouldn't you freak out if your dentist told you "ah its normal to lose a few teeth"

It is not normal to lose our hair at any age. It is common but it is not normal.

In industrialized nations it is not normal to lose our teeth at any age. It is common in some poor nations however.

One day if hair sciences advance like dentistry did then we should be able to keep all our hair like we can now can keep all our teeth.

Yeah because teeth and hair are exactly the same thing, what applies to one obviously must apply to the other. :jackit:

Thats like saying getting wrinkles on your skin as you age is not normal because you dont get wrinkles on your nails, Or how about getting grey hair is not normal because your eyes dont go grey with age.
I restate my point 'dumbest statement ever'. :youbet:

dude77

Reaction score
It is not normal to lose our hair at any age

it's not normal to lose hair at a young age .. say under 25 .. something's going on there ..

as far as older folks losing it .. 40+ .. I'd like to think that is normal .. I mean the body naturally ages and starts deteriorating .. even some guys with the healthiest, fullest heads of hair go bald or start thinning later in life

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
hairrific said:

Yeah because teeth and hair are exactly the same thing, what applies to one obviously must apply to the other. :jackit:

Thats like saying getting wrinkles on your skin as you age is not normal because you dont get wrinkles on your nails, Or how about getting grey hair is not normal because your eyes dont go grey with age.
I restate my point 'dumbest statement ever'. :youbet:

Interesting. I thought your comments on the Masturbation thread were dumber but I enjoyed the entertainment and I learned a few things too. I am here to learn. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=50028&start=30&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

But I digress, you might be right s.a.f.

It might just be plain ole "dumbest statement ever" for me to
to compare the medical improvements in teeth science to hair science.

I am here to learn so thanks for letting me know you think its dumb, without free input from everyone the forum would not be a forum.

Dumb or not, I am here to learn, and be entertained too.

s.a.f

Reaction score
hairrific said:
It might just be plain ole "dumbest statement ever" for me to
to compare the medical improvements in teeth science to hair science.

You never mentioned science, you just said that "it is not normal to lose hair at any age".

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
r u thick? so your saying everyguy that does not have male pattern baldness has same head of hair at 60 that he had at 20? everyone thins out a bit as we age. call it male pattern baldness if you will.

Everyone thins, but when you thin in certain spots (i.e. temples, crown, etc.), its male pattern baldness. If it's "senile alopecia", you lose as much from the back as you do from the hairline.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And yeah... I think that guy is balding. Quickly? Probably not. Norwood 7? Probably not. NW3 in 5-10 years... yeah.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
iwantperfection said:
r u thick? so your saying everyguy that does not have male pattern baldness has same head of hair at 60 that he had at 20? everyone thins out a bit as we age. call it male pattern baldness if you will.

Direct quote from Dr. Rassman:
Old age does not cause hair thinning — just look at Ronald Reagan at the end of his life.

There is another quoted figure that people might, emphasis on MIGHT, lose 1% of their total density per year after a certain age. It's not proven. Even so, the loss in density is usually never enough to be noticeable. And sure as hell isn't going to be noticeable in a 34 year old man.

And I still say he's balding. But who really cares.

Dr. Rassman is a drug dealer. Sorry, but he is. If he's not connected to Merck, somehow, I'd be shocked. He even said in one post that he's does the most propecia perscriptions in CA. Hair doesn't thin with age because Reagan's didn't? Thats ridiculous. My grandfather definitely didn't have male pattern baldness, but when he died at 94, his hair was thinner than it was at 34. That is a fact.
I know I said I thought he was balding... not so sure.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
Thickandthin said:
iwantperfection said:

Direct quote from Dr. Rassman:
Old age does not cause hair thinning — just look at Ronald Reagan at the end of his life.

There is another quoted figure that people might, emphasis on MIGHT, lose 1% of their total density per year after a certain age. It's not proven. Even so, the loss in density is usually never enough to be noticeable. And sure as hell isn't going to be noticeable in a 34 year old man.

And I still say he's balding. But who really cares.

Dr. Rassman is a drug dealer. Sorry, but he is. If he's not connected to Merck, somehow, I'd be shocked. He even said in one post that he's does the most propecia perscriptions in CA. Hair doesn't thin with age because Reagan's didn't? Thats ridiculous. My grandfather definitely didn't have male pattern baldness, but when he died at 94, his hair was thinner than it was at 34. That is a fact.
I know I said I thought he was balding... not so sure.

Are you serious dude?

Do you realize that Rassman is a HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGEON, and therefore stands to gain far more from dissing Propecia and recommending hair transplant surgery??

He gives people with early balding the option to take Propecia who would otherwise get duped by some other shady hair transplant clinic into getting 2,000 unnecessary and expensive grafts. Not to mention the fact that he runs a daily blog answering 3-4 questions a day, has shown people how to map out miniaturization on their own scalp (thereby losing out money from people who would go to him to do it) and is a hair transplant doctor. Sorry, but Rassman knows more than you do about hair loss and your anecdotal BS about your grandfather. And he's actually one of the few good guys in the Hair loss/hair transplant biz, so to diss him as a "drug dealer" is insanely ignorant.

I'm so sick of people busting into topics to utterly dismiss anything scientific because of some relative they have that apparently is the exception to the rule, thereby invalidating an entire field of research.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I'm so sick of people busting into topics to utterly dismiss anything scientific because of some relative they have that apparently is the exception to the rule, thereby invalidating an entire field of research.

Lighten up. He pushes propecia, therefore he's a drug dealer. is he your dad? Why so offended? Just naturally angry?
Anecdotal BS about people's hair thinning as they age? It's called senile alopecia. I think people who's hair doesn't thin with age (men and women) are the exception to the rule.
He is a hair transplant surgeon. Most anyone who gets a transplant will continue to take propecia to prevent further loss around the transplanted hairs.
Rassman continuosly denies the possibility of propecia side effects.
The guy proudly claims to be the highest proscriber of propecia in CA. How is that not a drug dealer?? Yeah, its a legal drug. But, it's a choice, you go to the doctor, and ask for the drug. You don't take it to stay alive.
He does mapping for free. You go there, he maps your scalp, and writes a prescription. Who knows what the connection is, but you don't have to be a cynic to see something is going on. Besides... he went into the field of cosmetic surgery, which is a field that preys on people's insecurities.
Sorry you got so offended that I pointed out the fact that the guy probably isn't on the up and up. This blog that he so graciously spends his time on is really a giant propecia commercial, most likely subsidized in some way by Merck. Sorry. Welcome to America.
I'm also starting to think that there is a Merck presence on this board. Maybe thats why you got so mad when I questioned the guys motives?
"And he's actually one of the few good guys in the Hair loss/hair transplant biz, so to diss him as a "drug dealer" is insanely ignorant."
Thats actually kind of funny. It's like saying, "For an illegal arms dealer, he's a pretty good guy." The hair transplant business is not for doctors who want to help people, its for doctors who want to make a pile of cash. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, I'm sorry. Family practice, pediatricians, those are the docs who are in it for the right reasons. Hair transplants? Nose jobs? Fake boobs?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I need to edit this for harshness...
I don't mean to say that Rassman is a bad guy... Not at all. And calling someone a "drug dealer", at least in my mind, is not an entirely negative thing. People want a hairloss drug, he gives it to them. I buy weed from a guy who I think is a good guy. Same thing. But to imply that he runs that blog out of the kindness of his heart and sees no benefit from selling propecia.... I think thats naive.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Men in their 70's will have a 30 percent chance of showing no hair loss. In their 80's, 20 percent will show no hair loss and I would say Reagan was definitely in that 20 percent. Lucky him. And in your 90's, 10 percent will be extremely lucky and have no hair loss. I think that is what Rassman was trying to say. He has talked about senile alopecia and how your hair can gray and thin but he says that is not considered male pattern baldness. Most people start senile alopecia in their 60's but some can start sooner. You can have a combination of both male pattern baldness and senile alopecia. So since this guy in this thread is not in his 60's, I would definitely now say he is balding ever so slowly and I would agree with ClayShaw , he probably most likely will not go beyond a NW4 in his lifetime.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Are you suggesting that there is something wrong with us? Do you classify bald as a deformity? Just curious.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
No not a deformity. A cosmetic issue or personal preference.

I admit I am being somewhat a little sensational in hopes of inspiring discovery!

At the risk of opening up another can of worms , it is sort of like saying it is normal to get cancer when you get old. I don't believe that. However it is sadly all to common , but not normal. The genes or cells might in a since be screwed up, yes?

If it was normal to go bald why would we bother at all? Why fix normal?