You think this guy is balding ?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The only thing that is deformed if you want to call it that is our receptors at the base of our follicles. They are retarded follicles compared to the other follicles. Maybe baldness can be classified as a mild deformity. Keep in mind though what you consider to be normal is subjective for the most part. Cancer exists, for what reason I know not but it is normal by that very fact. There are alot of different conditions out there that I can't explain and I just have to accept that they exist. As far as the whole normal thing goes, I have to admit that I don't feel normal as a result of going bald. I think that is due more to the law of averages combined with societies unrealistic expectations.

s.a.f

Reaction score
hairrific said:
If it was normal to go bald why would we bother at all? Why fix normal?

Because we dont like it?
So are people with greying or ginger hair abnormal aswell or people with bodyhair or big noses, zits, sticky out ears .....

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
If baldness has to do with just inherited genes then the real causes and the cures might be found only in the field of genetics research.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
hairrific said:
If baldness has to do with just inherited genes then the real causes and the cures might be found only in the field of genetics research.
Ya think? :whistle:

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
hairrific said:
Ya think? :whistle:

Preventative treatments maybe.
Baldness will be "cured" by stem cell research in no more than 10 years time.
If you're here in your 20's, and willing to spend the money, you absolutely will not be bald in your 50's unless you want to be.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
Preventative treatments maybe.
Baldness will be "cured" by stem cell research in no more than 10 years time.

Exactly what people were saying 10 yrs ago. I predict cures for cancer and A.I.D.S before m.p.b.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I know it would be greedy of me to want a cure to the major diseases to be discovered through a cure for hairloss, but it might just work out that way. Histogen is the new buzzword. Anyone up for another round on the "high hopes" ferris wheel?

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I know it would be greedy of me to want a cure to the major diseases to be discovered through a cure for hairloss, but it might just work out that way. Histogen is the new buzzword. Anyone up for another round on the "high hopes" ferris wheel?

I don't think it will be a cure for major diseases. What it will be is the first step towards regenerative medicine. This is exactly what histogen is doing... its their business plan. They know that treating hair loss effectively and permanently is a freakin goldmine. When they make a pile of cash off of Regenica (hopefully), they will use that money to research other forms of regenerative medicine (arms, skin, etc.)
Maybe the "cure" for cancer wont be a drug that kills the cancer, but the ability to replace cancerous body parts with new, cancer free ones grown from stem cells. Obviously, this wouldn't work for the brain, but it might work for the lungs, the balls, etc. I am completely convinced that I won't be bald at 60, purely because medicine will prevent it. What sucks is that I will be bald in my late 20's and 30's.
UM... How old are you? I saw that pic of you holding the fat tire. Looks like you've got plenty of good years ahead of you. What are you... mid to late 20's?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Your right about regenerative medicine. I hope Histogen can come through for us. It would change my life. My diffuse thinning became noticeable at 23 now 11 years later I am nw5, bald.

GNUist (formerly FC)

Established Member
Reaction score
Fanjio said:
This is what his hair looked like almost a year back..

dhan-dhana-dhan-goal-wallpaper-58303-5641.jpg

Damn, fine chick... Nice to know losing your hair doesn't neccesarily mean you still cant pull hot chicks. :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Freedom Coder said:

Damn, fine chick... Nice to know losing your hair doesn't neccesarily mean you still cant pull hot chicks. :)[/quote]

Yeah because I bet she thinks he's balding.:roll:

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aids is pretty much cured. With drugs they can now live a full life expectancy and not just until 40ish like before.

To be honest i think most people will be priced out of the 'cure'. Put it this way, it will be dearer than a hair transplant and how many cant afford those? ALOT.

The guy is not balding and yes the bird is hot..natural beauty.

glad to see his so visible baldness isnt holding him back :woot:

ali777

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
aids is pretty much cured. With drugs they can now live a full life expectancy and not just until 40ish like before.

To be honest i think most people will be priced out of the 'cure'. Put it this way, it will be dearer than a hair transplant and how many cant afford those? ALOT.

The guy is not balding and yes the bird is hot..natural beauty.

glad to see his so visible baldness isnt holding him back :woot:

How did we get to aids?

Aids isn't cured. It's effects are delayed/suppressed with drugs. Think of aids drugs like using finasteride or minoxidil, the drugs are just a temporary solution and not cure.

We spend billions on medical research and medicines, but the money doesn't get evenly distributed. I hate it when the British charities ask me to donate £2 a year or whatever for cancer/aids research. We pay £2000 a year per person to the NHS, if the NHS doesn't spend any of that money on cancer research, I don't think my £2 donation will make much difference.

I'm just saying that, there is money in the medical community but most of it goes to the pharmaceuticals and the managers rather than research.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thats why i said 'pretty much'. The drugs use to supress only for a certain time frame. Now the drugs allow them to live normal lives and live as long as anyone else.

i just mentioned it due to uman referring to cures to aids and cancer.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Freedom Coder said:
[quote="s.a.f":1nfo7713]
Yeah because I bet she thinks he's balding.:roll:

:dunno:

???[/quote:1nfo7713]

Sarcasm :doh: .... nevermind!

Fanjio

Reaction score
So now that his hair has grown back to its normal length, this is what it looks like

still1.jpg

35n11mh.jpg

Judging by these pics, I would say his hair looks perfectly normal.

Sayan majumdar

My Regimen
Reaction score
According to people some are born with thick hair some with thin hair and some with fine hair and I completely don't depend on hereditary genetics.As you all heard that if your father,grandfather were bald you will also go bald on future but I blindly doesn't believes this because one of my friend has nice thick hair though his father is completely bald.Coming to the point:- I will say because lot of stress John Abraham takes on doing gym so as a side effect this diffuse hair thinning occurs but it gets away on its own when the hair gets long.As anyone you can see visible scalp if you short up your hair and do it backbrushing as almost bald if you do this in wet hair as your hair becomes long then it becomes easy to do backbrushing.
I will recommend people with thin hair don't do so much shampoo I will recommend personally on my point of view do it only once in 2 months or 3months I don't know you guys will follow or not that depends on your choice because my hair and scalp is habituated in this cycle but if you guys going to try first it will feel little itchiness on scalp as ofcourse you guys are not habituated.But you guys can try as an experiment if you want for 2 or 3months without shampooing.
Lastly you can do hair oil or not completely depends on you its on your choice.Thank you

Lutherpick

My Regimen
Reaction score
According to people some are born with thick hair some with thin hair and some with fine hair and I completely don't depend on hereditary genetics.As you all heard that if your father,grandfather were bald you will also go bald on future but I blindly doesn't believes this because one of my friend has nice thick hair though his father is completely bald.Coming to the point:- I will say because lot of stress John Abraham takes on doing gym so as a side effect this diffuse hair thinning occurs but it gets away on its own when the hair gets long.As anyone you can see visible scalp if you short up your hair and do it backbrushing as almost bald if you do this in wet hair as your hair becomes long then it becomes easy to do backbrushing.
I will recommend people with thin hair don't do so much shampoo I will recommend personally on my point of view do it only once in 2 months or 3months I don't know you guys will follow or not that depends on your choice because my hair and scalp is habituated in this cycle but if you guys going to try first it will feel little itchiness on scalp as ofcourse you guys are not habituated.But you guys can try as an experiment if you want for 2 or 3months without shampooing.
Lastly you can do hair oil or not completely depends on you its on your choice.Thank you
Why did you bump this topic after 11 years?