World Congress For Hair Research 2017 - Intro | Page 5 | HairLossTalk Forums

World Congress For Hair Research 2017 - Intro

Discussion in 'General Discussions, Presentations, and Interviews' started by hellouser, Nov 8, 2017.

1. d3nt3dsh0v3l

d3nt3dsh0v3l Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    That's a side point, I think.

If I understood correctly, you were originally suggesting that the next hairloss drug will be a drug developed for other diseases but one that just so happens to grow hair as a side effect; at the point of this serendipitous discovery, the drug is rebranded or otherwise used off label for hair growth. And you have correctly recognized that that was exactly the case with minoxidil, but I disagree with your placement of finasteride in the same category.

As I mentioned earlier, a 5ARI's consequence on both hair and prostate growth were very well elucidated due to the studies on the 5AR-deficient population in the Caribbean. Hair growth was always expected and it is therefore not surprising that Propecia was released a mere 5 years after Proscar. In this case, the brief period of off label use prior to the release of Propecia is due to jumping the gun and off label use of Proscar currently is only done for obtaining finasteride at a lower price.

So, the mere fact that Proscar was (and is) used off label offers no insight into the difficulty of finding a hairloss cure, the manner in which that discovery is made, or the field in which it is made (there are clearly non small molecule approaches such as autologous cell transplantation that show promising, if not more elegant means to cure hairloss; biopharmaceuticals are an emerging important class of drugs that do not fall into the small molecule category).

And so I reject your claim about how the next hairloss drug will arrive to the general public.

2. Recon_s

Recon_s Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Horizon me bollox, we have been hearing that for years, oh another 5 years another 10 bla bla bla

3. hellouser

hellouser Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm gonna have it posted in about 10 hours. Video is being exported now, but in the meantime I need to get some sleep.

d3nt3dsh0v3l and Ted Buckland like this.
  4. hellouser

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  5. hellouser

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks dude! We're all in this together, so just doing my best to help out wherever I can. :)

RegenWaiting and d3nt3dsh0v3l like this.
  6. Dogma

Dogma Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @hellhouser first of all thanks a lot for what you did man, as usual you did an excellent job. I just wanted to ask you mentioned that nobody from Histogen Showed up, but were they expected to? I don’t remember ever seeing them on the list. Replicel not showing up is quite disappointing though.

7. Nadia1972

Nadia1972 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So, we will be able to abandon our hormones or will have to wait until 2035?

8. rclark

rclark Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How was the Sushi?

Any new developments?

9. PJGG

PJGG New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey Hellouser,

Not sure if I have missed it but have you posted the " Shiseido seminars"?

Particularly:
    Autologous cell-based therapy for hair loss using Dermal Sheath Cup Cells (DSCC). Basic concept and clinical research study in Japan

Maybe it was one of the ones you didn't get a chance to attend...or hopefully it was so ground breaking you had to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement with them?!? :-D