wont use finasteride... what should I start with?

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
any studies done on eucipal to prove what you say about it? if so can i see a link please. havent readmuch abou this

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
First impressions,

Well dead easy to apply, dries really fast and doesnt seem to affect the look of the hair, ie you can apply it before going out!

Andrew

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's an abstract of the study involving Fluridil -- the active ingredient of Eucapil. Note that this is appearing in a reputable medical journal:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... _110220362

If you're in the mood to get heady and read the entire article, you can find it here:
http://www.menspharma.com/fluridil_adobe.pdf

Also note that this isn't a large-scale expensive study, but it does appear to be completely legit, and it's documented in reputable sources. I think the results are very impressive, but completely in line with what a great anti-androgen should really be capable of in terms of maintenance/regrowth -- great maintenance, some thickening, and mild regrowth.

Couple that with Eucapil garnering a lot of obvious praise on hair loss forums, and I'm convinced it's worth a shot.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
And like Demlotcrew, I find this stuff very easy to apply, and I can wear it out immediately after applying it. I've always felt like Revivogen was messy and embarassing, and I DREADED the possibility of ever having to tell someone why I was putting an orange greasy glob on my head at night...with Eucapil, I'm not ashamed of it at all. It doesn't mess up the hair, and the initially strong smell of rubbing alcohol quickly goes away. I actually LOVE the way this stuff is packaged and how easy it is to apply.

Zen2Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
bluesmiley said:
Here's an abstract of the study involving Fluridil -- the active ingredient of Eucapil. Note that this is appearing in a reputable medical journal:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... _110220362

If you're in the mood to get heady and read the entire article, you can find it here:
http://www.menspharma.com/fluridil_adobe.pdf

Also note that this isn't a large-scale expensive study, but it does appear to be completely legit, and it's documented in reputable sources. I think the results are very impressive, but completely in line with what a great anti-androgen should really be capable of in terms of maintenance/regrowth -- great maintenance, some thickening, and mild regrowth.

Couple that with Eucapil garnering a lot of obvious praise on hair loss forums, and I'm convinced it's worth a shot.

It is important to note that the study was conducted under the medical supervision of an employee of the makers of Eucapil. This is generally not something that is done by those who want their studies to seem reputable.

Thats my only problem with the study.

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
Should one expect to shed from this treatement also?

Its just that i had a bath today and alot of hair came out, im not just being over the top alot of hear came out with just one application.

Andrew

viperfish

Reaction score
I think it may just be a coincidence that you have shed that much after just one application. Typically, anti-androgens should not cause shedding although a few have reported this. Keep us posted, but I highly doubt the shedding is due to the eucapil only after one application.

viperfish

Reaction score
Just got my eucapil today. It only took 8 days to get to my door step and I live in New York. Wow, that was fast I think. Anyways, can't wait to slap it on my scalp tonight. :D

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
Hmmm had a bath today, and very few hairs came out just like normal, i wonder if the first application shocked the hairs?

Andrew

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
There's a chance that Eucapil is a snake oil, I suppose, but I think the chance is very small at best. The study on fluridil looks entirely credible, Eucapil overseer or no. And, actually, from my experience browsing various forums, I see a very nasty backlash about topicals such as Crinagen and even spironolactone, then I see skepticism about Revivogen (which I've had some success with), but I haven't seen anything like that with Eucapil. Of the few negative things I've read about Eucapil, they seem to be of the "my scalp has gone to shite" variety.

I've used it for about a week now, and my scalp is fine. I'm also using Folligen, which might help. Regardless, my educated hunch is that it's completely legit and perhaps superior to finasteride... again, it's only a hunch, but hey, I also had a hunch that Louisville would make it to the Final 4 this year...and guess what? ;p

B

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's an interesting development:
http://www.menspharma.com/index.php

Menspharma is now selling
1) Eucapil
2) Nano
3) Revivogen
4) Nizoral (2%)

That's, like, my regimen, except that I use Folligen instead of Nano. Does this strike anyone else as encouraging? I don't really see menspharma latching on to snake oils here...

viperfish

Reaction score
Just used eucapil last nite for the first time. I can't believe how quick this stuff dries. It is dry as soon as it hits my scalp. This is by far the easiest treatment to apply I have ever used. I notice my scalp is a little itchy today.

Zen2Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Just used eucapil last nite for the first time. I can't believe how quick this stuff dries. It is dry as soon as it hits my scalp. This is by far the easiest treatment to apply I have ever used. I notice my scalp is a little itchy today.

Keep us informed. Im still debating it.

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
viperfish said:

I dont have any problems with it, i use Neutrogena Healthy Scalp Shampoo, its very good and i would recommend using this, i apply it leave it on for about 10min and then wash off.

Andrew

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
Zen2Bald...don't debate...be bold! If you're completely opposed to using finasteride, Eucapil is probably your best bet, and used in tandem with Revivogen, I think it will be killer. Seriously, the biggest reason I'm avoiding finasteride isn't for fear of sides, it's just the general principal of WHY FIGHT HAIR LOSS SYSTEMICALLY IF THE PROBLEM RESIDES IN THE SCALP?

I mean, you can fight acne systemically, but why do that? And, yes, sides can become an issue with pills, but I'm not concerned about those SO much with finasteride...but I definitely wouldn't want to take finasteride for several years, thus I'm looking for topical alternatives.

And anyway, I shave my head nearly bald as it is...it looks good, but I'd definitely rather keep the hairline as opposed to abandoing it entirely. In 5-10 years we hair loss should be a thing of the past. If we could bank on stem cell research it DEFINITELY would be a thing of the past, but alas, I don't think a republican administration will let that happen easily. But that's another story entirely. =)

Zen2Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
bluesmiley,

Yeh I was just hesitant regarding the issue of the isopropyl alcohol but after much research i can't really find any solid cases of systemic absorption. Most of the cases of illness I have seen were the result of inhalation of fumes, or dermal contact AND inhalation. I cant see to find any that are strictly contact related EXCEPT for this one:

Topical absorption of isopropyl alcohol induced cardiac and neurologic deficits in an adult female with intact skin.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract
The problem is that this does not rule out secondary (or pimary for that matter) exposure due to inhalation

It mentions:
A controlled repeat dermal exposure to isopropyl alcohol under clinical observation reproduced the deficits noted with corresponding serum and urine concentrations of isopropyl alcohol and acetone.

it does not however give any details...

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
If anything, I'm impressed by the safety measures taken in the fluridil study...the whole point being, what is the effect of fluridil when absorbed into the skin? Luckily Eucapil seems to have taken that danger into account and water renders fluridil void, which discounts it from ever being a systemic threat...

...and isopropyl alcohol? It's called rubbing alcohol for a reason. It's used in skin care products all over the place, and I really believe we would have heard more about it if it were potentially a real problem. I'm not going to sniff or drink it, and I think we'd have watched a 20/20 episode about it long ago if it was a real threat.