wont use finasteride... what should I start with?

viperfish

Reaction score
Yeah I think maybe there was a problem between the two companies. I think it was something to do with lipoxidil posting information that menspharma did not give them permission to. I don't trust lipoxidil at all and think they are a very shaky business.

viperfish

Reaction score
By the way check out http://www.eucapil.com and it gives a full description of the company that makes the stuff. I think you will be impressed. I'm trying to convince my self that this is a great product too! If you can't already tell by all these posts. :lol:

Zen2Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeh everything looks legit... In fact I am feeling a little bit more confident about ordering it.

i did however uncover something else. Someone claimed that they used to say that one could not wash one's hair while using fluridil (except once a week i think it was?)...but then dropped that claim because too many people didn't like it...

The problem is that in the clinical trial the people did follow this guideline. So I wonder if this is necessary or not.

On the site they now claim that it isn't. Why did they change their minds?

I guess this isn't a big deal, but I am curious about it...

viperfish

Reaction score
This is from Interpharma Praha the makers of eucapil on the acetone thing and saftey of fluridil::::

""Eucapil has passed long-term clinical trials and has been carefully evaluated for its safety. The only thing that may cause inconvenience is some kind of ithcing, due to hypersensitivity to isopropanol which sometimes takes place, e.g. within people having seborrhoeic dermatitis. As for acetone, I don´t thing that such small amounts would cause any other harm than this described itching. People who participated in 12 month clinical study were carefully watched by dermatologists.

I should be pleased to hear about your future experience with Eucapil, please do not hesitate to share it with us.""

Zen2bald,
I think they switched that up because they monitored people after the intial testing that did wash their hair everyday and found that it did not make much of a difference. Those who washed their hair experienced the same results. I believe fluridil immediately attaches itself to the androgen receptor sites and remains there for I believe up to 6 hours ???. They now say you must leave fluridil on your scalp, without coming into contact with water, for 3-4 hours then you can wash your hair. I believe most people who now use fluridil and are having great results are doing just that.

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
Viper,

Thanks for that its good to know that i have not made such a bad choice.

Im really looking forward to getting this in, my hair needs the help.

Andrew

Zen2Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
OK guys I think i am going to give Eucapil a try although im still debating on proxiphen or spironolactone instead.

The scientist in me wishes there was a non-biased trial. It looks pretty bad that the study was performed under the supervision of an Interpharma employee. I question why they wouldn't have it performed by an independent party.

I do know that I need to do something soon... lol

Norwood2.5

Established Member
Reaction score
misterium said:
You just sound like a sissy to me that's all .. a wimp who is afraid of something that is very rare and unlikely. No offense, I'm using those words purely as a description of what I'm reading from you, all the scared talk, when you haven't even given it a try!
The side effects - loss of morning erections, fortunately nothing worse yet - are very real to me after just two weeks. But I would give it a shot and if he's concerned, should quit immediately after noticing any sides.

viperfish

Reaction score
Zen2Bald said:
OK guys I think i am going to give Eucapil a try although im still debating on proxiphen or spironolactone instead.

The scientist in me wishes there was a non-biased trial. It looks pretty bad that the study was performed under the supervision of an Interpharma employee. I question why they wouldn't have it performed by an independent party.

I do know that I need to do something soon... lol

To be honest with you I would not use spironolactone. I know alot of people will jump at me when I say that, but when you compare it to fluridil it simply is not as good. Secondly, spironolactone has the possibility of being absorbed systematically, although this would be very rare. So if your worried about side effects then I honestly believe fluridil is the way to go. If fluridil comes into contact with water it falls apart immediately. This is sort of a safety mechanism. I also have never heard one person say that spironolactone has helped them out. The only times I have heard this is when spironolactone is used in combination with minoxidil. So you really don't know what is working for you. So my best advice is to go with proxiphen or eucapil if your not gonna use finasteride. Proxiphen contains spironolactone, but also cu peptides, minoxidil, and a bunch of other stuff that helps it to work. I would not just use spironolactone because I think you will be disappointed.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
Because it seems relevant ~
I got my first shipment of Eucapil in the other day, and I plan on adding it as the new foundation to my -topical only- regimen.
I've only used it for 2 days, but so far, absolutely no signs of irritation, and it doesn't seem to make the hair anywhere as messy as revivogen does.

With that in mind, my regimen for the next 6 months will be:
1) Folligen Spray in the morning - this stuff is great..smells good and actually conditions the hair, is relatively cheap (should cost no more than $15/month if you're using it fairly liberally even), and I think it actually promotes scalp health if nothing else.

2) Eucapil in the afternoon - Easy to apply, doesn't mess up hair, and I think from what I've read is the most potent anti-androgen that's available to us right now. My instinct says it's as good or better than finasteride since it's applied DIRECTLY to the scalp instead of ingested for systemic dht inhibition, but again, this is mostly an educated instinct.

3) Revivogen at night before going to bed - I think this stuff has worked for me, but it leaves my hair a godawful mess, and I couldn't see using this if I actually wanted anyone to see my head after I applied it. I'll continue using this in the short-term to try to gauge its efficacy when used in tandem with Eucapil, but it would probably be the first thing I'd remove from my regimen, simply for cosmetic reasons. But again, I think it's worked to some extent, it's just not a miracle cure.

Then I rotate Nizoral every 3 days with tea trea oil shampoos for scalp health.

I love that Folligen, Eucapil, and Nizoral are virtually undectable once applied to the scalp, but I'd be willing to stick with Revivogen at least a few times a week if I saw the combination of topicals completely halting hair loss.

viperfish

Reaction score
Bluesmiley,
Sounds like a good regimen man! I too tried revivogen for 10 months with no visible improvement. The fact that the stuff made my hair such a mess turned me off enough to drop it cold turkey. It also made my head itch, stained my pillow, and was just a pain in the *** to apply. Eucapil is the most potent anti-androgen available and please keep us posted on your progress.

Zen2Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I will be either ordering Proxiphen (Rx) or Eucapil. I would LOVE to order both, but I don't think that I can swing it financially...

Decisions...Decisions

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
Well i ordered Eucapil ont he 20th ans its still not here :freaked2:

Where does it get shipped from?

Im loosing my hair just waiting for the stuff :D

Zen2Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Demlotcrew said:
Well i ordered Eucapil ont he 20th ans its still not here :freaked2:

Where does it get shipped from?

Im loosing my hair just waiting for the stuff :D

Im not sure where it ships from... but I have heard it can take up to 2-3 weeks.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
It ships from Czech Republic and you won't be able to understand half the print that's on the box. I'm a little wary of getting boxes from the Czech Republic delivered to my workplace every 3 months, but what can you do?

And, yes, expect 2-3 weeks... think it took my shipment a little over 2 weeks.

viperfish

Reaction score
Yeah they told me to expect it to take 3 weeks. I would not be too worried about it not being at your door yet.

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
Look whats here ! :D

30030511096co.jpg

So not too bad they all seem to be intact also. Cant wait till bed time now! :D

viperfish

Reaction score
Demlotcrew said:
Look whats here ! :D

30030511096co.jpg

So not too bad they all seem to be intact also. Cant wait till bed time now! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about jumping on the lasercomb bandwagon myself.

I just need someone to tell me which is the best lasercomb!!

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm also amazed at how many people feel like they have to CHOOSE one treatment. Guys, you can get creative with fighting hair loss. If you want to jump on generic proscar and hit the topicals, there's nothing to stop you from doing so.

Eucapil shows so much promise as a powerful topical, and you can honestly get away with using half the dosage in conjunction with other treatments to make it a fairly economical and very powerful supplement to whatever else you're using.

Invest in a lasercomb if you want, but why rule out using copper peptides, eucapil, etc, unless you're just flat broke?