"without Any Doubt, There Has Never Been A Better Year Than This One In The Hair Loss Research"

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I sure love all these irrelevant genes and protein studies with no actual clinical thought behind them!

I can't wait to present my results on conferences in Rome or Barcelona on university money!

30572bba61a202afcac1d78a86dc569d.jpg

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="buckthorn, post: 1357070, member: 120 hairs per cm2 is RIDICULOUS density!! I literally have no more than like 30 - 40 maximum. This would be 3-4 times the hair I have right now.[/QUOTE]
I think you are refering to hair units per centimetre. Hair units come in 1-4 and even 5 hairs per unit. Average hair unit density is between roughly 65-120 depending on ethnicity. Hair transplant plant at between 35-80 grafts per cm, the grafts are the hair units of 1-4 hairs.

So the original post of child density of about 300 or whatever it was sounds about right to me.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So was Tsuji referring to individual hairs or hair units when he gave 128 per cm2? If that's individual hairs won't it fall well short of thick density?

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
Histogen seems the closest to a release to the public, have release pictures and data and seesm very promising if you still have folliles present.

Replicel still haven't shown us any results, the science sounds good but phase 1 results where sh*t, so until I see pics im not sold.

Follica again still havnt seen one pic, so in the same category for me as Replicel.

Tsuji the science is very interesting and sounds extremely promising but would be at least 5 years away and that would be a absolute best case scenario as it has not been trialled on humans as yet and whether like others have said they can get the hairs to look natural and grow at the correct angles.

Dr Brasi magic potion well im sure you all know my thoughts on this, as someone with part Italian background I dont have any hope in hell that this will grow as much fluff as minoxidil.

Kerastem where are these fantastic pictures people speak of?

I agree there are there are some potentially good treatments hopefully not too far off, but we really dont know how effective each one will be and wether they will grow new hair (not including Tsuji). I recommend if your not already on Finasteride that it would be a good idea to get on it asap and maintain your hair until something new is actually released.

And if anyone is interested in buying generic proscar 5mg send my a PM. Lol just kidding

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
How much is Merck paying you to promote propecia? Because that's what it seems you're doing.
I get 20 percent commission per box of 30 tablets I sell :)

Vincent jokes aside, I would rather not be on any medication for hairloss but until the day comes when i can actually pay money to purchase that treatment I would rather maintain what I have because there is nothing set in stone with regards to release dates. And unfortunately finasteride is the only thing proven to work for the majority of people who use it so i there was no choice for me.

Last edited:

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr Brasi magic potion well im sure you all know my thoughts on this, as someone with part Italian background I dont have any hope in hell that this will grow as much fluff as minoxidil.

So you think Dr. Brasi's lotion will be sleeping with the fishes?

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Woah wait you have a "part Italian background"!? Well that's basically a PhD! I had a lot of faith in Brotzu until I read that someone with a PART ITALIAN BACKGROUND is pessimistic about it! Can anyone with a FULL Italian background chime in here? We need the experts

(jesus Christ)

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
@farkhairloss Seriously though, I've read so much disturbing scientific info on finasteride side effects that I wouldn't touch it even if I was going Norwood 7.
I dont want to hijack the thread with finasteride arguments. Thats your choice. I know 3 people who take it and they are not the type to frequent hairloss forums. One of my brothers is like you (in the finasteride side effects way) reads all the crap thats posted on the net, so he wont use it believes in natural sh*t. Yet he pumps plenty of unnatural recreational sh*t into his body, go figure!

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
Woah wait you have a "part Italian background"!? Well that's basically a PhD! I had a lot of faith in Brotzu until I read that someone with a PART ITALIAN BACKGROUND is pessimistic about it! Can anyone with a FULL Italian background chime in here? We need the experts

(jesus Christ)
Lol hopefully that someone can chime in

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bottom line is until we hear something solid and official, arguing about Brotzu is pointless right now

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is until we hear something solid and official, arguing about Brotzu is pointless right now

True, we just have to busy are our selves with other things, That histogen interview will be up today sometime, so if they have confirmed Mexico trials have started then we can all relax a little bit for the rest of the year.. Replicel already confirmed they started and will read out data in late 2017. All that leaves is Samumed which is mostly likely presenting at the WNT conference which starts tmrw. So even if Fidia doesnt release this year or in 2017 we are still in decent shape.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It
True, we just have to busy are our selves with other things, That histogen interview will be up today sometime, so if they have confirmed Mexico trials have started then we can all relax a little bit for the rest of the year.. Replicel already confirmed they started and will read out data in late 2017. All that leaves is Samumed which is mostly likely presenting at the WNT conference which starts tmrw. So even if Fidia doesnt release this year or in 2017 we are still in decent shape.

It's sounding more and more like if Fidia doesn't release in the first half of 2017 latest, they may lose a huge window of sales due to this other stuff coming out. They'll still do well as its a simple to use lotion, but still. Hopefully all this competition will spark faster release of treatments and the "big 3" will fade away into barbaric, outdated legends of old

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
It

It's sounding more and more like if Fidia doesn't release in the first half of 2017 latest, they may lose a huge window of sales due to this other stuff coming out. They'll still do well as its a simple to use lotion, but still. Hopefully all this competition will spark faster release of treatments and the "big 3" will fade away into barbaric, outdated legends of old

Only reason I'd be hesitant to say this is because i think they would still be able to cover the ppl who don't want the invasive procedures or don't want to travel to another country, which is probably a lot of ppl who aren't frequenting these forums lol.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Within the next 5 years we're looking at having commercial releases of Follica, Histogen, Replicel, Tsuji, Setipiprant, CB-03-01, Samumed and Pilofocus.

Anyone still being a naysaying pessimist really needs to re-evaluate their stance on the current state of research and pipelines of stuff undergoing clinical trials.

It's nice to see some optimism on this forum, for a change. :)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's nice to see some optimism on this forum, for a change. :)

I agree, there truly is hope imo that hair loss will be curable within the next 4 years. Whether some may just need brotzu or have to go tsuji to recover, it's great to see such a wide spectrum of solutions that can fit the different profiles of Androgenetic Alopecia.

I also like the optimism, and I find for the most part the people here are generally positive. Some are trying to be realistic, which is needed, but very rarely do you get some of the negativity and aggression Ive seen on other sites (one hair loss site in particular which ive been using since 2002 up until recently).

And one day, we too will wake to this! :)

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brotzu and Follica could potentially be a great combination. Create new vellus hairs with Follica and get them terminal with Brotzu.