"without Any Doubt, There Has Never Been A Better Year Than This One In The Hair Loss Research"

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/category/takashi-tsuji/

SO ITS SHISEIDO/REPLICEL VERSUS KYOCERA/RIKEN/ TSUJI AT THE KOBE BIOMEDICAL INNOVATION CLUSTER (KBIC)

Opening paragraphs of article said:
Without any doubt, there has never been a better year than this one in the hair loss research world. The last four months have been especially fruitful, and I am not even considering a number of newer entrants in the field (just because most seem suspicious or are likely to produce best case results that will be akin to those from Rogaine).

I know what people will post.

"David, you're young ! We've been hearing this non-stop for twenty years ! There's been no progress since finasteride and minoxidil and that's what people will still be using in 2045 !!! Stop coping !!!"

I don't buy it. There is clearly a lot of progress.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
giphy.gif

But no, seriously

it's a revolution.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Within the next 5 years we're looking at having commercial releases of Follica, Histogen, Replicel, Tsuji, Setipiprant, CB-03-01, Samumed and Pilofocus.

Anyone still being a naysaying pessimist really needs to re-evaluate their stance on the current state of research and pipelines of stuff undergoing clinical trials.

Last edited:

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's going to be expensive though... Anyone know how much you can get for a kidney these days? I'd gladly part with some bone marrow too

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Within the next 5 years we're looking at having commercial releases of Follica, Histogen, Replicel, Tsuji, Setipiprant, CB-03-01 and Pilofocus.

Anyone still being a naysaying pessimist really needs to re-evaluate their stance on the current state of research and pipelines of stuff undergoing clinical trials.

Yo! I am like so pumped and stuff for this like science b**ch!

Seriously though, perhaps reason to hold off a few more years on a transplant? What do you think about that hellouser? I was considering late winter / spring... I have maybe 30% complete diffused thinning. I am really hopeful it won't get too much worst, given it was a result of finasteride / Telogen Effluvium in the past year.

I am worried that massive transplantation into diffused areas may interfere with some of these future treatments. Whatcha think? Not trying to make this thread about my personal situation, rather am curious about transplants and these treatments.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am worried that massive transplantation into diffused areas may interfere with some of these future treatments. Whatcha think? Not trying to make this thread about my personal situation, rather am curious about transplants and these treatments.

I'm actually curious about this myself, as some of you know I have an upcoming transplant. I don't want to wait around too long, when we don't have any certain timelines on these treatments, and when some moderate hairline work is all I need to be an NW1, but I also don't want to mess up things for myself in the future.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd imagine that when recipient sites are created, there is a good chance that any dormant follicles or follicles with very miniturized hairs may be transacted. If the treatment involves restoring dormant follicles then hair transplants could well affect th results. If the treatments are to stimulate the growth of all new follicles though, then perhaps a hair transplant wouldn't make any difference.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm actually curious about this myself, as some of you know I have an upcoming transplant. I don't want to wait around too long, when we don't have any certain timelines on these treatments, and when some moderate hairline work is all I need to be an NW1, but I also don't want to mess up things for myself in the future.

well, I do believe that the treatments aimed at revitalizing existing native follicles may fail if you have had large transplants in those areas. Transection is a serious issue that can't be remedied and most surgeons aim to transplant THROUGH existing hair. Not really around it. This is what I am worried about.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
While I am looking forward to not needing this place AS much as I do now, I do love this place and I love you guys! So many awesome, supportive characters on this forum. Y'all are good people.

Edit - I have been drinking. ;)

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
While I am looking forward to not needing this place AS much as I do now, I do love this place and I love you guys! So many awesome, supportive characters on this forum. Y'all are good people.

Edit - I have been drinking. ;)

Maybe one day, when we're all full heads, we should have a HairLossTalk.com gathering...and we can run our hands through each others glorious, lucious, full locks of hair.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe one day, when we're all full heads, we should have a HairLossTalk.com gathering...and we can run our hands through each others glorious, lucious, full locks of hair.
knock yourself out! I want no part in that sort of carry on!

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
David, you're young ! We've been hearing this non-stop for twenty years ! There's been no progress since finasteride and minoxidil and that's what people will still be using in 2045 !!! Stop coping !!!

More seriously, though, thankfully I haven't been on this forum (or others) for 20 years, but I am 36 and been balding since I was 20. I just started to learn more about hairloss a few years ago and it is pretty obvious to me that there is much more understanding and research moving forward now than ever before. Whether we will have a cure or at least far better treatments in the next 5 years remains to be seen. They say 2 generations from now, people might live forever. Lets hope they don't live forever as baldies!

Last edited:

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well...5 years from now will put me at 30...Not a bad time to restart life and be reborn as a Norwood-0 i guess.

30's are the new 20's they say.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it's really exciting but I'm terrified of failure since it's unlikely that all of these companies will be fully successful how we want them to be.

Follica can create follicles from scratch and will probably be a darn sight cheaper than Tsuji for the fact that no complex cell manipulation is involved.

Then there's Replicel. We need this not only to work but also be durative! Immunization of current hairs please so then Follica or Tsuji come in and boost what you have. Regrowth would be awesome too but I would be happy with durative (permanent?!) Immunization.

Tsuji is the most important and comprehensive technology on the horizon, but also the most complex. Hopefully it will be as applicable to diffuse thinners with still a lot of hair who want full density again.

If the new hairs sprout out in tight groupings (as they would be at 120+ hairs per cm2), I wonder if the existing hairs might not cause complications when the new follicles erupt if they are all occupying the same space and the new follicles are growing indiscriminately wherever they want.

If once Dr. Tsuji says no that would not be a problem then wonderful. But all I've seen so far is hair growing on nude mice and bald artificial skin. Then there's riken illustration showed slick bald scalp and last year at the Hair Congress, Dr. Tsuji said "developing a treatment for serious hairloss patients." What if he's developing a treatment with only completely bald areas in mind?

I don't think this will be the case but until Tsuji confirms it I will wonder who exactly could get this treatment.

0702_nfid01.jpg

Last edited: