"without Any Doubt, There Has Never Been A Better Year Than This One In The Hair Loss Research"

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today once again I noticed so many men with TERRIBLE donor area and terrible sides of heads. The hairs at the back of their heads were like wisps and you can see mostly scalp there too.

How is copying these hairs and placing the copies at the front going to look good? These hairs look ****.

Unless the regenerated hairs start life anew like in the womb, and therefore grow thicker, I don't see how it will help these guys. That is the key factor.

And they are definitely not the minority; a lot of balding guys have weak diffuse donor areas.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today once again I noticed so many men with TERRIBLE donor area and terrible sides of heads. The hairs at the back of their heads were like wisps and you can see mostly scalp there too.

How is copying these hairs and placing the copies at the front going to look good? These hairs look ****.

Unless the regenerated hairs start life anew like in the womb, and therefore grow thicker, I don't see how it will help these guys. That is the key factor.

And they are definitely not the minority; a lot of balding guys have weak diffuse donor areas.

I hardly ever notice guys with this, like almost never

Billy-D2016

Reaction score

200,000 of these 'wisps' would create a normal density. You have need more grafts to acheive the same density as someone with thicker hair. This really isn't an issue if tsuji can create unlimited primordiums

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
200,000 of these 'wisps' would create a normal density. You have need more grafts to acheive the same density as someone with thicker hair. This really isn't an issue if tsuji can create unlimited primordiums

It's less than ideal though and a full head of wispy hairs would look suboptimum even if better than no hairs at all.

Also we don't even know how many hairs can be created from one biopsy. There could be a finite number. 200k hairs seems like a huge ask since it is almost twice the amount of hairs someone has on their head.

The key really will be whether the hair primordiums shift back to a pre-birth state and grow like fresh outta the womb. If this is happens there won't be any problem since the new hairs will grow thick and healthy, not wispy and damaged.

This was a question I proposed we ask Dr. Tsuji in the upcoming interview. If thick hairs can be created from even a thin donor area it would be of huge importance for so many men.

Last edited:

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
The h
It's less than ideal though and would look and feel sub-optimum for sure. Also we don't even know how many hairs can be created. 200k hairs seems like a huge ask.

The key really will be whether the hair primordiums shift back to a pre-birth state and grow like fresh outta the womb. If this if this is what uappens then there won't be any problem at all because all the new hairs will grow thick and healthy, not wispy and damaged.

This was a question I proposed we ask Dr. Tsuji in the upcoming interview.
the hair primordiums grow the same hair as the 'original' at the time of biopsy. They do not revert to a pre embroy state. That's for sure.
The real question to know is, how many primordiums can be made from a sample of lets say 100 hairs

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hair primordiums grow the same hair as the 'original' at the time of biopsy. They do not revert to a pre embroy state. That's for sure.

I don't think that is a given at all. What makes you think it is? Dr. Tsuji has never said as such and "embryonic" is highly suggestive of a new start i.e. without inherited damage.

There is recently published evidence which showed that, contrary to what some experts thought, cloned sheep did not inherit the age of the sheep they were cloned from and they aged normally.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...ntly-to-naturally-conceived-sheep-study-finds

If lambs that were cloned from a 6 year-old-sheep (middle-aged sheep) aged normally and passed through each life stage as normal, then there's a strong possibility that cloned hairs returned to an embryonic stage would act in much the same way, starting from an earlier point in time.

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
Dr Tsu
I don't think that is a given at all. What makes you think it is? Dr. Tsuji has never said as such and "embryonic" is highly suggestive of a new start i.e. without inherited damage.

There is recently published evidence which showed that, contrary to what some experts thought, cloned sheep did not inherit the age of the sheep they were cloned from and they aged normally.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...ntly-to-naturally-conceived-sheep-study-finds

If lambs that were cloned from a 6 year-old-sheep (middle-aged sheep) aged normally and passed through each life stage as normal, then there's a strong possibility that cloned hairs returned to an embryonic stage would act in much the same way, starting from an earlier point in time.
Dr Tsuji is using Epithlial cells and Mesenchymal cells derived from a hair bulb. These are somatic cells and therefore they retain chracteristcs of the original cells when they are multiplied in vito. If the mesenchymal cells were reprogrammed into IPS cells, then they would revert back to embryo.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's less than ideal though and a full head of wispy hairs would look suboptimum even if better than no hairs at all.

Also we don't even know how many hairs can be created from one biopsy. There could be a finite number. 200k hairs seems like a huge ask since it is almost twice the amount of hairs someone has on their head.

The key really will be whether the hair primordiums shift back to a pre-birth state and grow like fresh outta the womb. If this is happens there won't be any problem since the new hairs will grow thick and healthy, not wispy and damaged.

This was a question I proposed we ask Dr. Tsuji in the upcoming interview. If thick hairs can be created from even a thin donor area it would be of huge importance for so many men.
Dude you are out of your mind lol

I can understand being effected by male pattern baldness especially during your prime and even into your 40-50s but at some point you just get OLD.

What are you going to do when your skin starts sagging and getting wrinkly, your eyesight disappears, your back and muscles ache, you lose your balance, etc. etc. etc.

Getting old and having your body deteriorate is a part of life.

Bill Sussman

My Regimen
Reaction score
sigh. have a little faith man. I'm sure many of these questions and problems we are asking now were asked and solved well before the partnership even happened. these are world renowned scientists, and some of the most brilliant minds in their field. they aren't just salesmen trying to make a quick dollar. they have more than enough already to pursue the goals they want to pursue in the future. hair is just the first step in their vision. they wouldn't be putting the wheels in motion right now if they didn't have a plan to overcome or have already overcame many of these hurdles. these people are among the best in the world at what they do, and they wouldn't risk losing all credibility. also, why wouldn't they be able to take the newly developed follicles and clone those as well? at that point, they'd be fully functioning cells and organs. if that's the case, then tsuji will truly have an unlimited supply to work with, and 200k hairs would be no issue.

Last edited:

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I keep saying - some people just want sh*t to fail for some baffling reason.

Why are you so opposed to people asking questions? You immediately take it as "wanting things to fail", it's absurd.

I have the utmost respect and faith in Dr. Tsuji and also think we are incredibly fortunate to have him and Riken researching hair regeneration. It's a dream.

But thus far, the male pattern baldness monster remains undefeated and until the day comes that it is, it's only natural that people will keep on asking questions and having some doubts about the feasibility of treatments going through pre-clinical study. To try to know what's likely to be possible and what isn't.

Even if no-one here knows the answers, it's worth getting out in the open for the purpose of discussion and contemplation.

It's definitely NOT criticism of the researcher's work to ask relevant questions.

It's fantastic that Dr. Tsuji has agreed to do a Q&A with HairLossTalk.com, which hopefully will answer many of these questions.

Last edited:

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why are you so opposed to people asking questions? You immediately take it as "wanting things to fail", it's absurd.

I have the utmost respect and faith in Dr. Tsuji and also think we are incredibly fortunate to have him and Riken researching hair regeneration. It's a dream.

But thus far, the male pattern baldness monster remains defeated and until the day comes that it us, it's only natural that people will keep asking questions and have doubts. Even if no-one in here knows the answers it's good to get them out in the open for the purpose of discussion and contemplation.

It's not criticism of the researcher's work to ask questions. It's great that Dr. Tsuji has agreed to do a Q&A with HairLossTalk.com which hopefully will answer some of those questions.
I understand your concerns but you keep asking the same set of questions over and over and over again and no one can answer these questions for you except maybe Tsuji and he may not even have those answers yet.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see what else there is to discuss on here blackber in the absence of news or announcements.

Billy-D2016 actually answered my question about the new hair retaining characteristics, which may be of concern to those suffering from dupa or diffuse thinning of the donor area.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

But thus far, the male pattern baldness monster remains undefeated and until the day comes that it is, it's only natural that people will keep on asking questions and having some doubts about the feasibility of treatments going through pre-clinical study. To try to know what's likely to be possible and what isn't.

Even if no-one here knows the answers, it's worth getting out in the open for the purpose of discussion and contemplation.

It's definitely NOT criticism of the researcher's work to ask relevant questions.

It's fantastic that Dr. Tsuji has agreed to do a Q&A with HairLossTalk.com, which hopefully will answer many of these questions.

You ask the same questions - questions that no one can give you a definite answer to aside from Tsuji and you have repeatedly been given the most logical speculative answers one can provide given the current information. That is, very few men that anyone but you see in day to day life have horribly depleted donor hair and even if they do, it has been stated numerous times that Tsuji's research creates a follicular primordium from the stem cells. I can say with 99% confidence that follicles derived from these would sprout healthy because it is primordial.

Furthermore, you definitely seem negative because your questions are loaded. When you say stuff like "Yeah, but some really old guys have bad-looking donor hair. Wouldn't the new follicles be just like that?" and then when given the answer of "no" based on the research at hand, it would appear that you have already unjustifiably assumed that answer to your question is "Yes". Which, when you repeatedly ask it and phrase it as such, definitely makes it seem like you want this to be the case.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is, very few men that anyone but you see in day to day life have horribly depleted donor hair

Not depleted per se, thinning. I saw dozens today. It's called diffuse thinning.

The safe zone is actually only a small slit at the back of the head. Surrounding areas will thin even if it remains and the safe zone itself can thin. That is what I mean by weak backs of head.

hair-donor-area.jpg

FUT-vs-FUE-donor-area-600w.jpg

and even if they do, it has been stated numerous times that Tsuji's research creates a follicular primordium from the stem cells. I can say with 99% confidence that follicles derived from these would sprout healthy because it is primordial.

If you read my posts you would see that I used the example of cloned sheep to speculate that new embryonic hairs might also start life afresh since they are "embryonic".

Well according to Billy-D2016 apparently not with Tsuji's method since it doesn't use IPS cells:

Dr Tsuji is using Epithlial cells and Mesenchymal cells derived from a hair bulb. These are somatic cells and therefore they retain chracteristcs of the original cells when they are multiplied in vito. If the mesenchymal cells were reprogrammed into IPS cells, then they would revert back to embryo.

Also, anyone who says that having thinner hair in your 30s and up is a normal part of ageing are completely incorrect. There are plenty of old men with thick hair.

Hair still means a lot for men in their 40s and up. Just look at the lengths 70 year-old Donald Trump is known to go to hide his balding. Even Joe Biden has had a hair transplant.

Come on guys, I'm in my 20s and even I know for a fact I will care about hair even when I'm 50+. Hair is important at every life stage. It's not just for mating purposes it's about self-identity.

Last edited:

Bill Sussman

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair loss f**ks with us all dude. whether 15 or 50. no one is debating that. would i care about it less if i was 50 and starting going through this? depends. if i had a great supportive family, truly made it in my career, and was fulfilled in the other areas of my life then it probably wouldn't mean as much. but it would still affect me and there is no denying that. and regardless of our shared skepticism, there are great treatments on the horizon, as well as tsuji's magnum opus which if most goes to plan, will be available within 5 years (3.5 if all goes to plan). all we can do right now is take it day by day, and live our lives. guys like you and I are in our 20s, which means for us and the other young HairLossTalk.com guys out there, we could all be sporting Norwood negative 1 hair before we hit the big 3-0. and all these questions we have will be answered between now and then. we will know soon enough, and all we can do is be patient. i think of it this way, i'm confident tsuji's plan will work, and open the doors to many other medical advancements regarding the other things we are worried about involving aging. skin conditions, vision, muscle problems, decaying teeth, arthritis, organ transplants, etc etc... so just hang in there. been lurking this forum for some time now, and even some of the biggest skeptics who have been here for YEARS are showing complete confidence in Tsuji, despite being skeptical about everything else. that says a lot, and it's great to see some positive light around here for a change which is why i finally decided to join. just remember that the night is always darkest before the dawn (love that fkkn movie). the time is coming and we're in this together. so hang in there. and remember, when we fight amongst ourselves, the fullheads win :)

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair loss f**ks with us all dude. whether 15 or 50. no one is debating that. would i care about it less if i was 50 and starting going through this? depends. if i had a great supportive family, truly made it in my career, and was fulfilled in the other areas of my life then it probably wouldn't mean as much. but it would still affect me and there is no denying that. and regardless of our shared skepticism, there are great treatments on the horizon, as well as tsuji's magnum opus which if most goes to plan, will be available within 5 years (3.5 if all goes to plan). all we can do right now is take it day by day, and live our lives. guys like you and I are in our 20s, which means for us and the other young HairLossTalk.com guys out there, we could all be sporting Norwood negative 1 hair before we hit the big 3-0. and all these questions we have will be answered between now and then. we will know soon enough, and all we can do is be patient. i think of it this way, i'm confident tsuji's plan will work, and open the doors to many other medical advancements regarding the other things we are worried about involving aging. skin conditions, vision, muscle problems, decaying teeth, arthritis, organ transplants, etc etc... so just hang in there. been lurking this forum for some time now, and even some of the biggest skeptics who have been here for YEARS are showing complete confidence in Tsuji, despite being skeptical about everything else. that says a lot, and it's great to see some positive light around here for a change which is why i finally decided to join. just remember that the night is always darkest before the dawn (love that fkkn movie). the time is coming and we're in this together. so hang in there. and remember, when we fight amongst ourselves, the fullheads win :)
Haha great movie.

Also nice to have you as a contributing member to the forum.