"without Any Doubt, There Has Never Been A Better Year Than This One In The Hair Loss Research"

FootyStar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pleaaase it matters at 38 too ! 40 is the new youth.

My father came to me really excited the other day to tell me about Tsuji, Riken and Kyocera's union which he saw on the news (he's 65 and has been a NW7 since his mid twenties). He said to me "this might be it" while trying not to be emotional.

If Tsuji is the one destined to find a cure, he will be a hero to thousands of men and women who are suffering in silence to this awful disease.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just think it's logical that hairloss gets easier to deal with as you get older. Not to say it wouldn't affect you at any age,but if I were to wager on the demo of people who waste their time toiling on online hairloss forums discussing future treatments, 75% would be 35 and under. You just can't tell me that a 50 year old guy with a great career, long term marriage and multiple kids spends as much time worrying about hairloss as an 18 year old kid. I go out with my friends and virtually every guy I encounter has a thick, luscious head of hair they can style however they want and I'm there, severely thinning and wearing concealer. It's just such a stark contrast and that's what makes it more difficult to deal with. I really feel alone in this battle, even though I know it affects millions.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just think it's logical that hairloss gets easier to deal with as you get older. Not to say it wouldn't affect you at any age,but if I were to wager on the demo of people who waste their time toiling on online hairloss forums discussing future treatments, 75% would be 35 and under. You just can't tell me that a 50 year old guy with a great career, long term marriage and multiple kids spends as much time worrying about hairloss as an 18 year old kid. I go out with my friends and virtually every guy I encounter has a thick, luscious head of hair they can style however they want and I'm there, severely thinning and wearing concealer. It's just such a stark contrast and that's what makes it more difficult to deal with. I really feel alone in this battle, even though I know it affects millions.

Yeah this is true guys, i know this sh*t sucks regardless of your age, but when you're in your twenties and all your friends have great hair and never have to worry about it, it makes you feel like sh*t.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, ask any older guy who gives a sh*t.

My father for example, hair piece from age 18, still wearing it at 54.

Somehow he didn't wake up at 45 going like "Hey, I don't give about looking like crap now, let's rock that NW6!"

Sorry for personal question but how is his mental health and stability?

Hair piece from 18, holy F*CK

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A complete mess, always has been.

He hasn't really lived his life. Every decision was taken with the hair piece in mind.

So no travelling, no partying, no carefree youth and fulfilling adulthood.

What's even sadder is that he had to take it all out on me.

Always telling me I wouldn't amount to anything, that I was a loser, that no one would ever like me, etc.

Does wonder to your self-esteem as a teenager. To this day, I'm still recovering from his psychological abuse.

He wouldn't have become like that if he hadn't lost his hair.

I'm sure his hair loss contributed a good portion to his problems, but having hair doesn't equal a perfect life man. Plenty of parents with full heads of hair do that much and worse to their kids. Im sorry you had to come up with that though man, I really hope you can overcome it. We spend our lives battling with the fucked up traits our parents gave to us, which were just given to them by theirs

stump

Established Member
Reaction score

He hasn't really lived his life. Every decision was taken with the hair piece in mind.

Always telling me I wouldn't amount to anything, that I was a loser, that no one would ever like me, etc.

Does wonder to your self-esteem as a teenager. To this day, I'm still recovering from his psychological abuse.

Sorry you went through all that! However it honestly sounds like if it was that severe then if he did happen to have a full head of hair throughout his entire life something else would have served as a cause for insecurity. Some people are just inherently insecure and like to blame it on something. His worries may have gone from "I don't have hair so I must be ugly" to "Yeah I have a full head of hair but look at my gigantic ears and crooked nose, I must be ugly."

I know this is conjecture but it's something that I don't believe is linked to balding when there are hundreds of thousands of baldies out there enjoying life to the fullest and it's not because they look like Vin diesel or jason statham. They're just normal regular people.

Tofacitinib Lotion

My Regimen
Reaction score
What you young guys fail to consider is that many of us oldtimers are double-fucked - we had to spend our youths dealing with this crap. Now we are still dealing with it as older dudes. I'd drop two Norwoods just to be twenty now. You guys are going to get this fixed in a few years with Tsuiji and go on to live great lives banging broads and living up to your potential with whatever talents God gave you, but we've suffered a lifetime.

atsteele

Reaction score
Lol. You don't have to have hair to bang broads. I don't really have any issued in that field. I' 24 probably a NW5 but I pretty much buzz my hair. As for work, most of my partners have shaved heads anyways. I'm excited for Tsuiji though and hopefully it comes out in 2018.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

That's brutal.

But for world outside hairloss you are just an insecure loser who obsessed with his hair (lack of confidence)...

People do not even imagine how hairloss can impact on mental health. (just hair bro)

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What you young guys fail to consider is that many of us oldtimers are double-fucked - we had to spend our youths dealing with this crap. Now we are still dealing with it as older dudes. I'd drop two Norwoods just to be twenty now. You guys are going to get this fixed in a few years with Tsuiji and go on to live great lives banging broads and living up to your potential with whatever talents God gave you, but we've suffered a lifetime.

I feel for you older guys, I really do

I'm 24 and I'm told this is still "young". In a few years, when Tsuji's treatment is out - I'll be in my late 20s or possibly early 30s. "Youth" is over at that point. Honestly, if you've lost cosmetically significant amounts of hair in your mid 20s, you can find solace in knowing that it likely won't be a lifelong thing for us. However, your youth, the best years of most people's lives, will have more or less passed by the time you get your hair back. You'll have your confidence back when it comes to social interactions and dating, but it will not be the same. Unless you can score younger women, most women at this point will be carrying baggage and their biological clock is ticking. Lots of them will be single moms, divorced maybe, well into careers and other responsibilities.

The carefree, galavanting around, party hard lifestyle where you can easily spend time with lots of different, attractive young women to find out what kind of woman you really want to spend forever with and/or intentionally impregnate are days long gone by at this point.

I'm fortunate enough to have found meaning in life as a professional composer. Hairloss damaged my confidence there as in my line of work, I attend a lot of different events to meet new clients and first impressions are everything - it's hard to be my normal, charismatic self when I hate looking in the mirror. So, at least I'll be able to gain that confidence back with hair and it will always mean something beyond body image for dating purposes.

With women, though? I've accepted that I prioritized my music a little too much. I spent all of my teenage years and early adulthood practicing, studying etc. and by the time I started seizing opportunities with women (most of whom actually were older than me), it wouldn't be long before hairloss hit swiftly and I went from being able to get with 7s and 8s to probably being able to get with a 5...6 on a real good day and I just can't bring myself to date women I'm repulsed by. So getting back to my old self, image wise, in my late 20s or early 30s is fantastic...but it's a consolation prize, because what should've been my "prime" years are now behind me and they are never coming back.

Nobody gets everything in life. Not everything.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm 24 and I'm told this is still "young". In a few years, when Tsuji's treatment is out - I'll be in my late 20s or possibly early 30s. "Youth" is over at that point. Honestly, if you've lost cosmetically significant amounts of hair in your mid 20s, you can find solace in knowing that it likely won't be a lifelong thing for us. However, your youth, the best years of most people's lives, will have more or less passed by the time you get your hair back. You'll have your confidence back when it comes to social interactions and dating, but it will not be the same. Unless you can score younger women, most women at this point will be carrying baggage and their biological clock is ticking. Lots of them will be single moms, divorced maybe, well into careers and other responsibilities.

The carefree, galavanting around, party hard lifestyle where you can easily spend time with lots of different, attractive young womeng what kind of woman you really want to spend forever with and/or intentionally impregnate are days long gone by at this point.

I'm fortunate enough to have found meaning in life as a professional composer. Hairloss damaged my confidence there as in my line of work, I attend a lot of different events to meet new clients and first impressions are everything - it's hard to be my normal, charismatic self when I hate looking in the mirror. So, at least I'll be able to gain that confidence back with hair and it will always mean something beyond body image for dating purposes.

With women, though? I've accepted that I prioritized my music a little too much. I spent all of my teenage years and early adulthood practicing, studying etc. and by the time I started seizing opportunities with women (most of whom actually were older than me), it wouldn't be long before hairloss hit swiftly and I went from being able to get with 7s and 8s to probably being able to get with a 5...6 on a real good day and I just can't bring myself to date women I'm repulsed by. So getting back to my old self, image wise, in my late 20s or early 30s is fantastic...but it's a consolation prize, because what should've been my "prime" years are now behind me and they are never coming back.

I am in a similar boat to you but in 3 years Histogen will definitely be out and they already have incredibly good results with sub optimal dosing. With the full 50 injectons in week 0 and another 50 in week 6 we might be looking at significantly better results and it's not too far away. Hang in there mate in 3 years time you will look back and realize that it gets better

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

The carefree, galavanting around, party hard lifestyle where you can easily spend time with lots of different, attractive young women to find out what kind of woman you really want to spend forever with and/or intentionally impregnate are days long gone by at this point.

I am one of those who had to fight this sh*t from 19 to 44 and am still fighting. I wouldn't mind if from 50 to ... 99(?) I could forget about the idiotic strands of hair growing on my head. So, any age is good.

I know in North America people so everything faster: they get married early, get job early, etc.
Here in Spain, the average wedding age is like 33.
However, if you can regain your hair at 30, it will be excellent as well because you can have a second youth with younger girls if it is what you like.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

LMAO off, "youth is over at that point" - ouch! I see your point, but no one likes to be told they're not young. ;) I feel and do things people in their mid 20's do, play soccer, frisbee, constantly socialize and go for beers in cool spots. I have to admit that partying hard and banging hot women is not really what I yearn for in having hair, and I never have. When I was 37 I was dumped by my then hot girlfriend, and found an equally attractive, and more beautiful 31 year old. We both look young and I couldnt ask for a better match, her companionship, intelligence, drive and character are to me her best traits above her physical looks. So by no means am i dating single moms, but having a woman well into her career to me is hot, as opposed someone with no direction.

I take no solace in knowing that you will eventually no longer be young, because I still feel full of life and try to focus on what is in my control, and that is meaningful moments.

Having hair is about feeling attractive in my own skin at whatever age. As superficial as it sounds, it gives you something to boost your confidence. I wish I didnt give a care about my receeding hairline and thinning crown, and to an extent i care much less, but the fact is I'd love to have my hair back to what it used to be.

But I digress, I can understand that in your 20's looks are for some reason more important, and can empathize with you. It's funny, when you hit your 30's, you see girls dont really care about that crap as much. I find character and careers tend to attract much higher quality partners than physical looks. So speaking from the beyond youth point, i can assure you things have a way of balancing themselves out, especially if you've got some cool sh!t on the go!